Gerard Butler GALS
SouthernGirl28

A New Chapter Has Begun :)

Hey everyone!!

I wanted to share my good news!! After 3 rounds of sending a background check to the FBI since September I got my all clear letter the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!!! I got my very first substitute call at 7 am this morning!!! Around 8:15 am I laid my eyes on a massive high school. It's a really nice school with really nice faculty and staff!! I had all freshmen classes except one was juniors!! So here's to more days in this county :) Coming home there was a blue sky out and I thanked God for my new blessing!!

Here's to the beautiful things it may lead too :)

:hugs:

April

Edited by SouthernGirl28

Congrats!! Hope it is everything that you've been looking for! Take care. Merry Christmas.

Pat

I'm very happy for you, April. I was a high school teacher in both Houston and San Antonio for many years before I went back to school to become an RN. My fields were History and Spanish, so I dealt with grades 9-12. High school kids can be fun, but they come with their own set of unique challenges. Don't hesitate to pm me if I can help you in any way. :)

This is great news April.

Very happy to hear it. I know you've struggled to find a place for a long time.

Ren

Seems like teachers have same problems in US as UK at finding positions. It's such a shame to do all that training and find you can't put it to good use. So happy things are looking up

Moira

What great news April! It takes a very special person to be a teacher, and they are not appreciated nearly enough!

It can be scary, but when you get settled, it will feel so good!!

xoxox

Veronica :-D

Veronica <3

April....I am so excited for you. I know how long you have worked for this and waited for this to happen. I'm just so happy for you. Keep me posted on how things are going. Once you get your foot in the door who knows where this will lead. Enjoy my friend! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you sweetie!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Ren, Moira, Veronica, Sue, and Kathy - Thank you so much for your support!! I think you all have been waiting as long for this as I have!!

Today, December 2nd, was my second day subbing at the high school!! I truly love it there :) The atmosphere and people are wonderful :) I had two kids try to sell me a t-shirt they were selling as part of a fundraiser. The shirt is nice and I think I'll purchase one next week if I'm blessed to work :)

Both days on the drive home I've had beautiful blue skies and bright sunshine so I took a moment to thank God for the blessed day :) Here's to more hopefully next week :)

April

Things are looking up and who knows where it may lead :)

Ren, Moira, Veronica, Sue, and Kathy - Thank you so much for your support!! I think you all have been waiting as long for this as I have!!

Today, December 2nd, was my second day subbing at the high school!! I truly love it there :) The atmosphere and people are wonderful :) I had two kids try to sell me a t-shirt they were selling as part of a fundraiser. The shirt is nice and I think I'll purchase one next week if I'm blessed to work :)

Both days on the drive home I've had beautiful blue skies and bright sunshine so I took a moment to thank God for the blessed day :) Here's to more hopefully next week :)

April

Things are looking up and who knows where it may lead :)

I'm SO HAPPY for you April!! You deserve every teaching day you get.

~HUGS~ Kathy