Gerard Butler GALS

OK, I am going to post this once more and then I will shut up, I promise. It just amazes me the amount of judgments and inferences that people are drawing, one way or the other, from two little photographs. I don't mind having fun speculating what their relationship might or might not be, or where they met, or who she is. What bothers me is the judgments about her personality, her mood, her intelligence that some are drawing just from two photos with no context around them except that they were arriving at Elton John's party. How on earth can anyone know what she feels, thinks, believes, from those pictures? How can anyone infer whether or not she is intelligent, funny, interesting, witty, interested, loving, warm, generous, bored, boring, or anything else from those pictures? All I can tell is she is standing next to Gerry, he has his arm around her waist, she appears in one to have her arm around his as well, and they both look gorgeous. Neither one of them is smiling but neither of them seems angry or upset. We don't know what anyone might have just asked them, we don't know if they had to hike 12 blocks (her in high heels) to get to the blasted party, we don't know if she was freezing (it wasn't exactly toasty warm out yesterday or last night), we don't know if some rude person in the entourage of one of the "big stars" had just stepped on her foot with a stiletto heel or pushed them out of the way assuming they were "nobody important". So I just ask again that we refrain from making judgments about the things we do not and cannot know. Speculate away about whether they are dating or not, in love or not......but the rest is beyond speculation at this point. Maybe more pictures or video will be found and there will be more to go on, but these photos aren't enough.

What we do know is that IF she was his date this is one of the first times we have seen him arrive at any public event with a date. He is often photographed with women at parties, at the pool, on vacation, chatting at Starbucks...but none of those were high-profile industry events to which he actually TOOK the woman as a date. So IF that is what this was, it is different.

(off my soapbox, I need an emoticon for that).

Thank you for that Susan and well said. :clap::clap::clap:

Myself, I think she is lovely and I hope he had a fabulous time and if this is something serious, well, good for him! He deserves a serious relationship.

So kudos to you Gerry and kudos to your lovely date.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh doesn't he look absolutely :droolicious: -- a little too "chiseled" plus I miss the salt & pepper too. BUT, his smile would melt a glacier and those eyes, oh my, those eyes. It is so great just to see him again.

And, oh yes, the young lady he is with -- I am sure that she IS the Pillsbury Bakeoff winner :funnyface::rotflmao: (meow, meow, meow) All I know is that she is one lucky gal to be out with HRH.

DD

Good Morning!!!

OMG he looks gorgeous...tanned and different....*passes out*

She's cute...kind of reminds me of Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewife), at first I thought it

was her but then I looked closer and it wasn't. He looks tanned...so does she. ::D: They

look very sweet both of them...*not mad* okay maybe a little mad. But he deserves a good

girl/woman that loves him and if she's his girlfriend I'm happy for him. If not well...the place

of future mrs Butler is still open but I mean he's quite a man and even if he wasn't an actor

who wouldn't want him? I wouldn't care if he was a postman or a painter...as long as he is

the way he has been all this time.

She's very pretty and I hope she isn't rude to the fans...

Cheers Priscilla

Interesting thread ladies ::D: just a short drive by, gotta go to work soon.

I agree that this is in fact none of our business..well,technically.. :cool:

I also agree with Susan that it's only human to speculate..and jealousy..well, as emotions go, it's irrational but all the same, natural. so don't feel too bad about being just a tiny bit jealous..(I'm reassuring myself here cuz actually I'm feeling guilty/silly about being a tad jealous..hehe)

Heck, all I want is for the G-man to be happy! love 'im :inlove:

Edit :

Pillsbury Bakeoff winner

LMAO! :lol::rotflmao: Edited by angeldust

And now you all know why I say it's none of our business.

I agree completely with Susan. I'm sorry to say I've thought some of the posts about Gerry's date were a little bit on the mean-spirited side. What if he was telling her about these websites (face it,we all know he pops in to look now and again) and she saw those remarks about her?

How do you think she would feel?

How would *you* feel if it were you?

I take very seriously the idea that "we're all connected." I think making catty remarks about a perfectly lovely, tastefully dressed young lady just because one might be jealous that she's standing next to Gerry takes away from the sense of connection, and it makes me sad.

on another site, someone thought she looked like Mayte Garcia..she does..what do you gus think?

She does looks like her ( wasn't she married to Prince)

I admit I'm curious (like everyone on here) to know who is but won't judge her before I get to "know"her. Maybe she is really funny person but because off all the media coverage she frooze.

I have to say that she has a lot of courage to have done it. Just imagine being his date or GF and it is the first time you'll go public. And there are like 50 or more photographers who watch you so closely and just take pics of you. I think anyone of us (even the person who always laugh and smile) would freeze up. And knowing that his fans watches you closely too and judge you (on every board there is) whether you are firend , date , GF , ... I couldn't do it not a big thing like the Oscars. I say she has done a good job and I wish them all the luck and I'm really genuine happy for him.

I looked her up too and if the beauty with Gerry is not Mayte then she is a dead-ringer for her. If it is Mayte she is no stranger to cameras and press, she has been on stage since the age of 8 and was part of Prince's backup group of singers and dancers from the time she turned 18. She was married to Prince for 3 years and they had a son together who was born with a rare brain disease that meant he couldn't breathe on his own. More recently was engaged to Tommy Lee. She and Gerry almost share a birthday - she was born 11-12-73 (so she isn't as young as she looks - great skin).

Here are side by side comparisons. I can't pick out any feature that would make me believe they aren't the same person but I will await confirmation that she is in fact Mayte, and whether or not they are involved.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I found a couple more pictures of Mayte - in the B&W I think she most resembles the picture from Sunday night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The more I look at those photos of Gerry.... the more I just want to cry. The man is so beyond gorgeous, and I adore him so much, that it hurts sometimes. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way.

You know, we have long dry spells where we don't see much of him, so the obsession kind of cools a bit; and then BAM! Photos like these hit the boards, and it's just like that moment when I first saw his face in the corridor. I can't think, I can't breathe. He gets under your skin, and you can't shake him loose.

Sorry, feeling a bit melancholy today.

Swan

Oh , poor Swan. But be happy : the chnuzzle has returned.

Posted Image

I looked at the pics of Mayte but the nose and lips not really 100% the same. The lips of Mayte are bigger.

Sorry you are feeling melancholy, Swan. I adore Gerry but not to the point that it hurts, or makes me want to cry. I adore the person he has demonstrated himself to be, his intelligence, kindheartedness, humor, and his devlish side. I adore his talent and the life he breathes into the characters he portrays and of course I have eyes, so I adore every single bit of his outside appearance as well. But I feel happy when I see new pictures of him, especially looking as incredibly scrumptiously gorgeous as he does in those shots from Sunday night. Like you, I want him to be happy, fulfilled, and have an inner sense that his life means something. I believe that we, his fans, have made him realize just how much his life means to us, but there are still things out there for him to accomplish, professionally and personally, and those are my wishes for him (as I know they are yours too).

i don't think thats mayte. Mayte has a different chin, it is more pronounced and her upper lip is fuller. I think they resemble each otehr, but not the same person. one last observation, I think if it were mayte, she has been in the spotlite for long enough to know how to hold a smile ( like Gerry is doing) Gerry is posing, and i think that if it were mayte she would hold her own a bit more. Now that is not a dig at the lovely lady on gerrys arm, I think she is stunning, but she does not seem to have taken Red carpet smiling lessons. Oh! and Mayte is not that tall. She would have to be wearing 12 inch heals to measure up to gerry that way.

But then i could be so increabaly wrong ::D:

Edited by I Am The Wind

Sorry, y'all are far more gracious than me. LOL My reaction to this pic was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (I know, I'm so naughty!)

Although I am happy for him and "yes" he definitely needs love, relaxation, and all good things in his life -- she just leaves me kind of cold. She is definitely beautiful (almost genetic perfection), exotic and very tan -- but she doesn't look all that happy or even friendly. I'd be smling deliriously. I'm sure it is a bit daunting to be standing there with hundreds of flash bulbs aimed at you. Still ... he has such a warm, outgoing personality and loves to laugh and I always figured him with someone who possesses those attributes too. Someone lovely but with a certain sparkle and definite sense of humor.

I had heard he hooked up with someone he met while filming 300 (who worked on the film) and that she went to NYC with him. This may be the mystery woman. And, if it is, this may be a serious relationship.

Okay, I will try to learn from you all and be more kind. Bottom line is I want him to be happy and loved for the wonderful man that he is. I just would prefer to see him with someone like that darling Greek-American reporter that he kissed on the cheek at the TR premiere. Someone with more sparkle and personality and who looks thrilled and happy to be with him. For some reason, this woman reminds me of a beauty pageant contestant. LOL!

I'm off to drown myself in a tub of chocolate ice cream now.

~ Aislinn

PS: Look at this face! She is just so precious. Her name is Maria Menunous, I think.

Posted Image

I just saw on a website that Maria Menunous will present the Eurovison Song Contest in Athens this year.

Boy, it looks like the same woman to me but :confused:

Whoever she is, she is a beauty. And if she is the woman who was married to Prince, then I'm sure she knows how to handle herself in the spotlight.

All I know is, I've been :bouncydrool: since yesterday at seeing new pictures. I need a hobby!!

Sorry you are feeling melancholy, Swan. I adore Gerry but not to the point that it hurts, or makes me want to cry. I adore the person he has demonstrated himself to be, his intelligence, kindheartedness, humor, and his devlish side. I adore his talent and the life he breathes into the characters he portrays and of course I have eyes, so I adore every single bit of his outside appearance as well. But I feel happy when I see new pictures of him, especially looking as incredibly scrumptiously gorgeous as he does in those shots from Sunday night. Like you, I want him to be happy, fulfilled, and have an inner sense that his life means something. I believe that we, his fans, have made him realize just how much his life means to us, but there are still things out there for him to accomplish, professionally and personally, and those are my wishes for him (as I know they are yours too).

Oh Susan, I am not only speaking of his appearance. Behind the handsome man... there is someone very special. We all know that. And in my opinion, that inner person radiates outward into the world. It is his aura, his glow... that unique energy which surrounds him and emanates from him. That is the "real" Gerry, and he's the one I adore.

The pictures bring him to life again in my mind.

Oh yes, make no mistake... I want Gerry to be happy, to love and to be loved. I pray for that each day. I just wish that there were some tiny corner of his soul I could touch, and leave my fingerprints.

What can I say, I am a moody broody Gal right now.

Swan

Man, I think I must be trying to become a super sleuth, but this is something I've done with screencaps of reality shows in the past where you learn to examine down to the smallest detail trying to determine the outcome from the previews.

So I put all 4 pictures together in Word and there are some differences - I tried to find out how tall Mayte is (I know Prince is only 5'2") and I know most dancers are not really tall. The girl with Gerry appears to be about 5'8" (assuming she is wearing 3" heels, and he is 6'2" and in his shoes a little taller too).

Though the eye shape and eyebrow shape are nearly identical and so is the skin tone and general facial structure, there appears to be a bigger space between Mayte's eyes and her brows. The nose shape isn't identical and Mayte has a bigger bow in her upper lip. So, I'd say Gerry's lady is PROBABLY not Mayte but very, very similar.

ADDED MORE AFTER READING SWAN'S REPLY:

Swan - I also was not speaking only of his appearance and I know that your feelings for him run far more than skin deep. As far as touching a corner of his soul, I honestly believe that each one of us who has been touched by him, by his performances, by his heart and soul, also touch him back and he acknowledges this in any way he can. Granted he cannot contact each of the thousands of fans, and he can't even write back to each fan who sends a letter or a gift, but he tries to let us know in the ways he can. He does read his fan mail whenever he gets some down time, it all means a great deal to him. So just know that your fingerprints are there, even if he can't tell you so personally, I know they are there.

Hey she could already be preggars.....Jennifer goes and takes another look...

Nope, thought that was an empire waist I saw, but no...

she might still be tho.... you never know....... LOL ::D:

Or she could already be Mrs. Gerry Butler.......... :lalala:

Or maybe they have been married for years and he just let her out of the house...... :bootyshake:

OK now that right there really messed with my head! I decided not to read the rest and then my friend read the rest out loud to me! Grrrr........... :lol:

Mmmm...I don't think that's Mayte.

Very similar features but :confused: .

I posted this over on the support thread.

The lovely lady reminded me of someone.

Gerry had a crush on a beautiful Asian woman in Japan.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by zanyzombie

Hey Swan,

I think I am in touch with that emotion. Sometimes he moves me to tears just looking into his soulful eyes in some pics, they are so expressive. However, the pop psychologist in me says I'm just projecting...anyway, it's so wonderful to see him anywhere, anytime. She is very beautiful too. I think the expressions on thier faces looks like maybe they have a little secret. Maybe they are too tired to smile big, hmmmm? :cunning:

So I am still sighing over those delish dimples and those intoxicating eyes. *sigh, sigh, and sigh*

Goodness gracious...all this speculating over who she is. THAT is the million dollar question!!! I just know she is a lucky, beautiful woman on Gerry's arm. Way to go Gerry!!!

Can I borrow the dress?

Sarah ::D: