Gerard Butler GALS

12/14 - Gerard Butler to Announce Golden Globe Nominations

framolamdu

http://www.goldenglo...minations-time/

Gerard Butler, Sofia Vergara and Woody Harrelson will be introduced by Hollywood and Foreign Press Association President Aida Takla-O'Reilly to announce this year's nominees in 25 categories for movies and television live from Beverly Hilton Hotel Thursday 15 December.

Sofia was on the tonight show with Gerry a while back. She is a friend of Gerry's and once loaned him $60. - if that rings any bells. Really beautiful from Columbia, I think.

sue grint - greatest london fan - i hope he is going to receive one for his portrayal of sam childers in machine gun preacher. he and the fim were bloody brilliant. if he doesnt, there is no justice in the world, and what does he have to do to win something. he covers all genres in his films. anyway he doesnt have to win awards, as he knows as fans think he is great with or without the bling. it would just be nice for him to be recogised for his excellent work that he does occasionally.

How nice! So when are the Golden Globes? Sofia is also on the sitcom, Modern Family. It's a cute story how he got the "loan" from her. He was outside of a restaurant and came up short for money for the valet so Sofia gave him the money for the valet but gave him some extra so he wouldn't be without money for the evening. What's amusing is that he took it! Did she not think he could use an ATM?

Delene

Guess she wanted him be-holding to her....

:cunning:

Yes, you're right! Then when she's ready to call in the note, he'll be givin' it! :funnyup:

Delene

YOU ARE SO FUNNY.....!!!! LOVE THAT COMMENT....MAY BE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! WISH WE'D SEE MORE OF HIM FUNNY AND LOOSE LIKE HE WAS THAT NIGHT!

From your fingertips to God's Ears! :lmao:

So when are the Golden Globes?

The awards will be presented on January 15 at a star-studded ceremony hosted once again by Ricky Gervais

Oh goody! I thought nobody liked Ricky? Guess he did something right. Personally, I love his rye wit. Can't wait to hear what he might say about Gerry again. Maybe it will be something about his hair, like if it's really all his! Gerry is always a good target for guys like Gervais.

Delene

Think this was the moment that HFPA President Aida Takla-O'Reilly was inflicted with GALS see 3/7 http://m.zimbio.com/photos/Aida+Takla+O'Reilly/Gerard+Butler/Hollywood+Foreign+Press+Association+2011+Installation/bAkshGgzBOQ

Yes, you're right! Then when she's ready to call in the note, he'll be givin' it! :funnyup:

Delene

YOU ARE SO FUNNY.....!!!! LOVE THAT COMMENT....MAY BE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! WISH WE'D SEE MORE OF HIM FUNNY AND LOOSE LIKE HE WAS THAT NIGHT!

So when was this episode of The Tonight Show? I must have missed it! Didn't think I had missed any of Gerry's appearances on TV, but I must have.

QofScots

Delene

So when was this episode of The Tonight Show? I must have missed it! Didn't think I had missed any of Gerry's appearances on TV, but I must have.

QofScots

This was in March 2010 & he was promoting HTTYD.

This is also the time he sang LA Woman, which was definitely something you wouldn't want to miss. He was fantastic. I was at home & I was so excited I stood the whole time.

It was awesome.

Ren

I was sad when I read this about Gerry naming the nominees for the Golden Globe. Has anyone ever done that and found they were one of the nominees? I don't think so. I was hoping that Gerry would get nominated for MGP, but I doubt it now.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I was sad when I read this about Gerry naming the nominees for the Golden Globe. Has anyone ever done that and found they were one of the nominees? I don't think so. I was hoping that Gerry would get nominated for MGP, but I doubt it now.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, last year none of the announcers were nominated, but in the past several of the announcers were nominated :pointy:

You never know, this is the HFPA so hopefully they will take more kindly to MGP and Coriolanus than the recent SAG award nominees' did.

Cheryl

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, last year none of the announcers were nominated, but in the past several of the announcers were nominated :pointy:

You never know, this is the HFPA so hopefully they will take more kindly to MGP and Coriolanus than the recent SAG award nominees' did.

Cheryl

I so hope you are right, Cheryl! I'm still so disappointed about how MGP was distributed and then the Sag Award nominations. So sad!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Delene

QofScots

He made this comment on a Craig Ferguson show way back when...?? He was SO FUNNY AND GORGEOUS.. one of his best appearances...! I'm sure Gals has it ...they were talking about living in America vs Scotland..HILARIOUS..... there were plenty of fans in the audience that night who were more than willing to give him shelter!! ps Want that fellow back miss him

Gerry was adorable this morning. I noticed a little quirky smile when he announced Jessica Chastain and Michael Fassbender's names. I guess since he worked with both of them. Liked the joking with Woody Harelson over who was missing from the list of best actor. It made me sad that Gerry had to read the best actor nomimations knowing his name wasn't on the list. At least "The Keeper" got nominated for best song. I saw "The Decendents" this weekend. I really admire George Clooney's work, I really do, but I truly feel that Gerry's performance in MGP was better. I just don't get it. But then I'm still bitter about him not getting nominated for "Phantom of the Opera." Sorry for rambling on. I guess I just need to let it go... Nah, think I'll do a little more kicking and screaming first! :rotflmao: