Gerard Butler GALS

12/19 - Gerard Butler Suffers Mav's Hold-Down

zanyzombie

Gerry may have a delayed reaction to his traumatic experience.

I remember a guy coming in to the ER once with a bashed thumb. The doc stuck a needle in the nail to relieve the pressure right at the nursing station because we were so crowded that day then he was released. He walked in to the ambulance bay towards the street and down he went. He was then brought back in for a bump on his head.

I heard Gerry was joking around about it afterwards and was seen having a burger later that night and that's a good sign but I think the seriousness of it may not hit him immediately and I'm sure it will stay with him forever.

Funny thing happened to me yesterday. I left the house to finish up some shopping and I was thinking about Gerry's close call as I drove off and I cursed him. Then a song came on the radio and I started laughing! The timing couldn't have been better! It was one of those moments Gerry would call "synchronicity".

Pay close attention to the lyrics.

http://youtu.be/oWeBxBWQteM

Delene

It's amazing how much of this "synchronicity" thing does crop up. There has always been the Gerry water connections, and the fact he saved a boy from drowning.

Also rather freakishly I had a load of surfing stuff as my Secret Santa gifts on the day before as I am doing surfing as part of my 'bucket list'!

Hopefully if Gerry does have any delayed reaction, he will use it in a positive way.

x

I'm a strong believer in that the universe sends us messages all the time and it's up to us to take them. I can safely say, however, that surfing is no where near by bucket list. I'm an earth sign so my dance with the devil will always be made with both of my feet hopefully planted firmly on the ground.

I sometimes ask for a "Happy Meal" at McDonalds because it's just the right amount of food for me and I always ask them to hold the toy but they don't. So I'm wondering if the sponge bob on the surfboard toy I got at lunch was another one! :lmao:

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article supposedly has an update from official sources:

A spokeswoman for his company Gerard Butler Alan Siegel Entertainment said: 'He is totally fine, they held him for observation.

'But he has been cleared and he is ok.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2076374/Gerard-Butler-cheats-death-getting-trapped-underwater-notoriously-dangerous-surfing-spot.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Ren

Good news! :)

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

sue - greatest london fan - thank god you are ok. i just came over all sick and worried when i heard this news. be careful gbutt, because you have a lot of fans out there who care about you.

i think its time now to call it quits and go home to scotlAND for the holidAYS for a nice long break. MERRY CHRISTMAS GBUTT

sue from london again, someone said you should keep out of the water now, but i nearly drowned as a youngster and the first thing the lifeguard did after he saved me was to make me go back in. although i was very scared, he said it had to be done, so i wouldnt fear the water again.

ethe other thing is someone else said get someone to do your stunts for you, but that wouldnt be you, as we know you love todo these things, but it wasnt even a stunt it was just an unfortunate event, that thankfully ended with you being ok.

I wonder if this might not effect his life so much as as much make him think more about the projects he signs up to. He has had two bad experiences regarding water themed movies and seems to have noticed that when he is part of an action movie he seems to be a lot close to the pyrotechnics that he imagined. (Read his Gamer interviews) Gerard seems to be a mass of contradictions so little would surprise me. The upcoming press tours will be enlightening to say the least.

J.

I wonder if this might not effect his life so much as as much make him think more about the projects he signs up to. He has had two bad experiences regarding water themed movies and seems to have noticed that when he is part of an action movie he seems to be a lot close to the pyrotechnics that he imagined. (Read his Gamer interviews) Gerard seems to be a mass of contradictions so little would surprise me. The upcoming press tours will be enlightening to say the least.

J.

sue grint again - greatest london fan - ive just noticed in the gallery there are some photos of gbutt filming yesterday, so hopefully he is fine and was ok about going back into the water. i know when i nearly drown as a kid, the lifeguard made me go back in because he said otherwise i would be scared for the rest of my life. the filming must be basically over now, or at least going on hold for christmas, and to enable gbutt to get back to his family and friends in scotland. i bet his mum will give him a slap for getting her so worried, and then a big hug for being ok and just the gerry we have all come to love.

I didn't see any photos of Gerry filming yesterday. Where are they? I thought Gerry's last day of filming was

Sunday. I hoped he was on his way home for Christmas. He always goes home for Christmas with his family, and

right now he needs to be with Mum Margaret. She will comfort him and console him and love on him. That's what

he needs right now is his Mum's love.

I'll bet he really wanted to go home Sunday after the accident.

Also, I heard he was having a hamburger and laughing Sunday night. That is really good, but you all know it is

Gerry's way of lightening the mood and making everyone else feel ok about what happened to him. With that

100 yard stare, as they called it, you know he was really shook up and it doesn't go away that easily, speaking

from experience. Gerry was really shaken by this and he probably won't be 100% over it for a while. But, knowing

Gerry as we all do, we know he will be thanking God and trying to keep on keeping on for his and everyone else's

sake.

I wonder if maybe these two brushes with water aren't maybe God's way of making him realize what he actually did

for the little boy he saved. You know he had to be terrified when Gerry pulled him from the grips of death, and I don't

think Gerry has ever really realized what he did, not every aspect of it. He only thinks about having saved the little boy's

life but not about rescuing him from the terror of the experience of drowning. Maybe God is trying to say,

"See, Gerry, it was a pretty wonderful thing. Oh, and by the way, try to stay away from this thing yourself."

I hope he listens.

Love him absolutely and forever,

Sandy

A good article about what happened - San Luis Obispo Article

I think the reason I liked this article was that it didn't quote the guy that said Gerry shouldn't have been out there since he was a novice. It was an unforeseen circumstance and he was mowed down with other experienced surfers. All kept their heads and survived, thankfully. Now it would be nice for Gerry to appear on Leno to talk about what happened in his funny great storytelling way.

A good article about what happened - San Luis Obispo Article

I think the reason I liked this article was that it didn't quote the guy that said Gerry shouldn't have been out there since he was a novice. It was an unforeseen circumstance and he was mowed down with other experienced surfers. All kept their heads and survived, thankfully. Now it would be nice for Gerry to appear on Leno to talk about what happened in his funny great storytelling way.

that was the best article i've seen-he just needs to surf in the kiddie pool from now on!!!! thank God he is ok-

hope every one has a Very Merry Christmas!! pisces1962

I'm so thankful that Gerry was able to keep his wits about him and survive the hold down. It still scares me to think of what could have happened to him! His mum will definitely be giving him a hug and a smack when she sees him for Christmas!

I agree that Gerry needs to tell his side of the story on Leno's show! I know it would be a hoot!!!

I too am so very happy he survived all of that!! It must have been very frightening for him. Going to pray a Gerry prayer that he makes a complete recovery and that he can be with his family. Who knows maybe he already is with them, I hope so. I bet he needs an infusion of Gerry juice! Merry Christmas Mr. Butler to you and your family. :detect:

Just putting my two cents in...I was also worried sick and scared when I heard about Gerry's accident. Thank God he is alright - the outcome could have been much more serious. Hope he's with his Mum and family and RESTING!! Hope he takes a bit of time to relax and recuperate from this horrific experience. My prayers are with him, especially now.

Kathy (Georgie Girl)

I too am so very happy he survived all of that!! It must have been very frightening for him. Going to pray a Gerry prayer that he makes a complete recovery and that he can be with his family. Who knows maybe he already is with them, I hope so. I bet he needs an infusion of Gerry juice! Merry Christmas Mr. Butler to you and your family. :detect:

He was photographed at Glasgow airport today. G-Man is home!

:yay:

Let's hope he has a lovely relaxing holiday in Scotland. Think he deserves it this year!

x

I just heard on BBC that Gerry will be on the Graham Norton show on 1/7/12.

I'm glad he is staying at home with Mum for a while.

Can't wait to see him and see what he has to say about the accident.

Love him absolutely and forever,

Sandy

As all of you are relieved Gerry's fine after this experience, so am I. It wasn't his time to go.

That being said, I remind myself of several things...accidents are called accidents because they are unforseen and generally out of our control. Also, Gerry's odds of dying in a million other ways -- for example simply in an automobile accident within 5 minutes of home -- are much greater than in even the worst surfing situation. Look at some of the other situations he's faced. He had a wild and very unsafe youth...remember him talking about jumping from pillar to pillar multiple stories high when visiting his dad as a teenager? He flies to locales around the world constantly. He could have contracted pneumonia filming Beowulf. He's flying helicopters now...the list goes on and on in Gerry's case.

Happily, it just wasn't Gerry's time. I've been an avid water baby since before I was a year old. I grew up with the utmost respect for water, especially natural, moving water. But I almost drowned in a small river near where I went to high school.

I'm just happy Gerry's okay. And from all reports he wasn't really "pushing the envelope." He's fairly fearless...but Mother Nature can be powerful and unpredictable, and none of us are invincible.

-- Leslie

Edited by lovetheeloquence

He has had injuries and illnesses throughout his career. Everything from a severe chest infection after Nim's Island that disrupted the filming of Rocknrolla to the eye injury he got onstage in Coriolanus. This is without the punishment he put his body through during the drinking days.

Michael Sheen has a permanently injured right shoulder from filming The Damned United and two permanently busted knees from Underworld and Amadeus.

My fear is that the industry is solely financially driven and all actors are replaceable. Thirty years ago a movie production left two children and a well known US actor dead. This movie was produced by two of the biggest names in the industry.

I think the studios need to act with a bit more wisdom. In these economic times I think a death of a major star would not only land producers and directors in prison but take an entire studio down.

I hope I am never proved right with my theory

I'm afraid you are correct. The studios, agents, etc. insure actors, singers, and are therefore pretty safe

in assuming that they will not loose to much if an entertainer is injured or killed. In fact, a movie involving

an injured or killed actor is sure to bring in the millions at the box office, if the movie is released. The agents

tend to make millions off of deceased entertainers. Look at Elvis, his estate tripled in size after his death.

His record sales and movie DVD sales skyrocketed for over a year after his death.

The "Industry" insures everything. While I was in the recording industry even my fingernails were insured.

The entertainers themselves have very little to say about what they do and where they go in the early part

of their career. Thank God, Gerry has advanced in status and can now say a lot about what he does or does

not do in his profession. I just hope he says "NO" a little more often.

Our prayers help to keep him safe, so everyone keep him in your prayers vigilantly..

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Is Gerry fully recovered yet? I would hate it if Gerry was still in the hospital. Posted Image I can't believe that this happened but at the same time it seems that surfing would be difficult anyways but I hope that he will be able to fully recover.

O please, never again.

These news made me have a nightmare on Christmas eve with him in it. Same concept different event happening. It turns nice cause i guess we fell in love in the dream. It made me cry and smile at the end but just cry in the beginning. I plan on writing a story about it and fictionalizing the characters, publish it and dedicate it to him.

Never, ever again. My life would never be complete.

Silver

Today I saw a Belgian gossip mag and they sauid that he was nearly dead. According to the magazine: he was taken underwater and hit some rocks. They then had to do CPR and mouth to mouth (lucky person). He came through and had to stay a night in the hospital.

This a nice example of how gossip magazine work and change a story

JUST SAW THIS & THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL … HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR & MANY MANY MORE …

DECEMBER 20TH, 2011

GERARD BUTLER ALMOST DROWNS AT MAVERICKS

Update: December 29, 2011 We have got confirmation that Gerard did not in fact get a two wave hold down as was reported first by the Hollywood tabloids, but instead he took 4 consecutive waves to the head. A rescue jet ski came in for the rescue, but Gerard did not in fact get to the ski in time and therefore the ski driver had to gun it out of the impact zone for his own safety where Gerard and a few other big wave surfers we’re left for themselves to survive the larger sets.

PS. BLESSINGS TO GERRY & I THANK GOD FOR KEEPING HIM SAFE!

OK, everyone, let's calm down now. We have seen pictures of Gerry since the accident. He is enjoying himself with his family and friends in Scotland and seems hale and hardy. He will be appearing on the Graham Norton Show on BBC One on January 6, and BBC America on Jan 7, and I'm sure Graham will ask him about the accident. Let's wait to hear Gerry's side of the story and not listen to any more wild speculation from the papers and tabloids, OK?

GALS will be posting clips of the Norton show as soon they become available.

Suzie

MOD Squad

OK, everyone, let's calm down now. We have seen pictures of Gerry since the accident. He is enjoying himself with his family and friends in Scotland and seems hale and hardy. He will be appearing on the Graham Norton Show on BBC One on January 6, and BBC America on Jan 7, and I'm sure Graham will ask him about the accident. Let's wait to hear Gerry's side of the story and not listen to any more wild speculation from the papers and tabloids, OK?

GALS will be posting clips of the Norton show as soon they become available.

Suzie

MOD Squad

Oh I'll chime in ... Gerry is alive and fine. That's what matters now. We can't keep focusing on what did or didn't happen. We weren't there, and we know how the tabloids love to sensationalize things. There is one fabulous article that someone here already posted the link to that, I believe, explains what happens truthfully.

All we can do is keep Gerry in our thoughts and prayers and hope that Whomever is keeping him around continues to do so. Gerry enjoys living his life to the fullest and he should keep doing it. That being said, I also believe this accident probably had some sort of spiritual affect on him. My gut, and the fact that Gerry is still with his family, is telling me that Gerry probably has a tad bit more respect for his own life right now, as well as his Guardian Angels. LOL

I truly hope he talks about it on the Graham Norton show. It will be great to hear the truth from his own beautiful lips. :)

Lisa

I know I read some well written words by Lisa up here but I seem to be hanging on to "...his beautiful lips..." :kisswink:

Me thinks I have to reread... Or keep thinking of said lips.... :funnyface: *ponder, ponder*