Gerard Butler GALS

Release Date Moved to Christmas Day

FilmDistrict has moved Playing the Field from March 9 (when I was very much looking forward to seeing it) to December 25. ... Playing the Field would have had a LOT of competition on the earlier date: John Carter (although come on…you can't tell me they share the same demographic), Think Like a Man, The Raven, Silent House and as I just told you earlier today, Friends with Kids. (Now that one I do see as being competition for Playing the Field.) Christmas already has The Great Gatsby and Django Unchained (both featuring Leonardo DiCaprio)...

According to Variety, A spokesman for FilmDistrict indicated Thursday that the date shift was made to take advantage of holiday season moviegoing.

Oh well, maybe with all that extra time they can come up with a decent poster.

reposted from my post Here

Source Variety

I look at it this way, it's a very lovely Christmas gift for us! http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/caroling.gif

Now if only Santa would deliver Gerry and place him under the tree for me!http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif

I'm a tad disappointed but willing to wait! Hope they do get a new poster AND perhaps it will be retitled as well by then. I'm also hoping they do a premiere in Shreveport. Might make for a nice winter vacay for me! ;)

Thunder Run has 2013 as it's release time and Hunter Killer says December 21, 2012. So I guess that will be two Gerry movies very close together! Verra good Christmas, indeed!

Delene

FilmDistrict has moved Playing the Field from March 9 (when I was very much looking forward to seeing it) to December 25. ... Playing the Field would have had a LOT of competition on the earlier date: John Carter (although come on…you can't tell me they share the same demographic), Think Like a Man, The Raven, Silent House and as I just told you earlier today, Friends with Kids. (Now that one I do see as being competition for Playing the Field.) Christmas already has The Great Gatsby and Django Unchained (both featuring Leonardo DiCaprio)...

According to Variety, A spokesman for FilmDistrict indicated Thursday that the date shift was made to take advantage of holiday season moviegoing.

Oh well, maybe with all that extra time they can come up with a decent poster.

reposted from my post Here

Source Variety

Well, the waiting may add more longing eyes on the movie.

I hope that this is a rational decision to try to get better box office numbers, and not an indication that this film is being back-burnered. With all the talent that signed onto it, I thought it had potential. I was hoping to make it out to LA for the March premiere, so I'm a bit disappointed with this delay.

Steph

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but he does seem to get shut out-i was watching the "Critic's Choice" awards last night and really felt like it was a shame that "MGP" didn't get any recognition at all. i haven't had the opportunity to see it yet but i know it was worthy of it he was SO adorable on Leno last night-so glad he got the chance to tell the "Mav hold down" story in his own words!! pisces1962

Sooo, let's look at it this way - while we're patiently (?) waiting for December, we can fill in the time with Coriolanus! Even though it IS verra disappointing :tantrum: , there is obviously nothing we can do, except put a positive spin on it (for our own sanity). This WOULD DEFINITELY make a wonderful Christmas present for us...and I agree with the other GALS - this will give them time to design a more appropriate poster!

:kiss:

Kathy G

Sooo, let's look at it this way - while we're patiently (?) waiting for December, we can fill in the time with Coriolanus! Even though it IS verra disappointing :tantrum: , there is obviously nothing we can do, except put a positive spin on it (for our own sanity). This WOULD DEFINITELY make a wonderful Christmas present for us...and I agree with the other GALS - this will give them time to design a more appropriate poster!

:kiss:

Kathy G

I'm with ya on this, Kathy! Maybe with all the negative response the poster did get, they're shooting scenes for a new and approved one in Shreveport. Just wishful thinkin' on my part! It was most probably moved because the first release date had too much competition in that genre. Makes good business sense in that regard to move it but I'll bet this last minute reshooting had something to do with it too.

I can wait and it will make a good Christmas present and another movie of Gerry's has a Dec. 21 release date already, but you know how anything is subject to change.

I'm also hoping they have a premiere in Shreveport. I'd like to attend at least one sometime and it might not be so chaotic in that location. (yeah, right!)

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Someone said Gerry was in Shreveport doing reshoots this week. Also he mentioned on the red carpet he was dyeing his hair dark because of reshoots on his "soccer" movie. So maybe that's the reason the release has been pushed back.

Suzie

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, wonder when, if at all, it'll arrive in Australia!!! Maybe in 2013? and if the world ends before that I won't see it. I WANT MY MOVIE NOW!Posted Image

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan - i was hoping to enjoy playing the field as my birthdays in march, but at least mgp is coming out on dvd and i thought that was fantastic so i am quite happy with that. the end of the year will be like 08 when we had three films of gbutts in about 3 months, if less. that was brilliant. it was because gamer was extremely late, tut was on time and lac was extremely early. it just seems a long time until christmas.

Oh dear, wonder when, if at all, it'll arrive in Australia!!! Maybe in 2013? and if the world ends before that I won't see it. I WANT MY MOVIE NOW!Posted Image

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan - i was hoping to enjoy playing the field as my birthdays in march, but at least mgp is coming out on dvd and i thought that was fantastic so i am quite happy with that. the end of the year will be like 08 when we had three films of gbutts in about 3 months, if less. that was brilliant. it was because gamer was extremely late, tut was on time and lac was extremely early. it just seems a long time until christmas.

i meant 09 not 08