Gerard Butler GALS
irish

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Oh EM, have a wonderful time my sister of the heart.

Here's something else we have in common (sorta....he's not my son but he is my wonderful nephew)...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got an email this morning...they used his last plane in a new advertisement for the Navy...lol. His flying days are becoming numbered because of his rank ... he's just left for the pentagon. (At least for us we don't have to worry so much for now.... right after the picture below was taken he left to go back to the middle east for his third tour). Here's a picture of us this past summer when he excited us all by flying up to Redding to refuel one of his command jets (this wasn't his plane ... his plane was 301 and he flew in on 311) and we got to see him fly by and land .... it was awesome:

Posted Image

Elissa, I'm sorry that you have to live with the pain .... it's just not fair!

Suzie, congratulations on you new puter sweetie. You do have such wonderful kids...but how could they not...they have YOU for a mom!!!

Well, my cousins arrive tomorrow from New York for a two week stay ....................

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Thank you so, so much my darling gals! And I'll hug him no end...For all of us! ;)

Hey Ladies. Long time no hear from moi I know. It's hard when they decide to make things difficult during the only real time you have to get online i.e. that being work. :cunning: I catch a break from time to time. Hope everyone is well and is doing okay. We all know that not such good news is out but you know what, things will be better. I will try and I promise this time, try to be on the site more often. Miss you all.

:kiss: *smooches* :kiss:

Cassie

:wave: everyone! I saw Suzie's brand new Mac desktop yesterday, and it is state of the art! It has all the latest versions of all of the software and applications and has a lot of new features my 1.5 year old Macbook doesn't have.

I'm still wearing a soft brace on my R ring finger, but I'm really not being a martyr here. The condition is not painful anymore, thanks to a steroid shot. If it starts to hurt again, I'll either get another steroid shot or max out a credit card and pay for the surgery.

Cassie! Good to see you here! :D

EM-enjoy your time with your family! :)

Sue-those are great pictures. Love the airplane! Nice looking fella too! Enjoy your cousins' visit! :)

Hugs to all! Can't wait to see my gals in Vegas! :D

Edited by Lady Elissa

I GOT MY FIRST NURSING JOB!!! Woo hoo! I hope everyone is well. I just saw the news and I wish Gerry the best! Hollywood sucks the life from people.

Morning or evening all! Hoping all are well, happy, and reaching out for family and friends for lots of hugs!

So glad to see all the pictures, siggies, and trading cards popping up.

JOBELLA! CONGRATS girl! You go --- you really really go! Take that job and run with it. I am so proud of you!

Suzie and Elissa -- I too love my Mac -- although I don't do an ibook....hate a notebook's keyboard...want the FULL ride..... enjoy it, Suzie. It will change your experience. I bring work home and do it here and then send it back to work, it is just that much easier - and a much more complete experience.

Love to one and all......

Jill

:igotgals:

Its has been a verrra long while since I have been here...just thinking of all my beloved *Gals* and wanted to let you know that I am sending ginormous hugs and so much *love* to each and every one of you. As always, I am keeping Gerry in my many prayers...I am filled with such gratitude for all the wonderful blessings of friendship, support and encouragement that have filled my heart and my life since Jan of 2005...*We are All Connected*, always...xoxoxoxCheri

Hi Cassie and Cheri, I am a rather new addition. Hugs!

Jobella, Congrats. Go get 'em, girl.

Suzie, what wonderful news. A lovely son of a wonderful mom. I am so glad you are loving the new lil 'puter.

Eva Marie... my dear, family is everything, hope you have a beautiful time. I do miss mine.

H Sue, Cheryl, Elissa, Jill, and everyone. Posted Image Hugs

:hugs:

xx Anya

Hey right back! Glad you are here, Anya...... it's a great group and a great place to be.

Love to you all!

Jill

Sorry I haven't been able to spend much time with me girlies, but my mom is showing signs of senile dementia (She is 88) and has had a few severe episodes lately. I brought her here or a few days to calm her down and to get her mind going in a happier direction. I think we succeeded. Took her to World Market for some treats and a we had a couple of wonderful dinners out, as well as holding an old movie marathon. Just took her back to the Village last night. Bless her, had to watch her every minute to make sure she was safe. She is a lot of work, but I'm just so blessed she is still with us.

I also haven't been able to spend much time drooling over the new pictures of our man, so if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to it! :hubba::behave:

Have a wonderful day and many hugs all around!

Suzie

:wave: everyone! I'm very happy to say that Saturday evening's dinner for the Harp & Shamrock (Irish society I serve on the board of) went very well and is OVER! :woo: I was in charge of keeping track of all reservations (by email, snail mail, and telephone), checking people in at the door, and collecting payment from those who hadn't paid. Of course, there were the usual walk-ins who showed up with no reservations. :gah: Anyway, the restaurant didn't run out of food, there was room for everyone to sit, and a good time was had by all. :)

Suzie, I'm so glad you're mother enjoyed her weekend with you. She may not always say it, but I'm sure she's grateful for all the things you do for her. She's very lucky to have a daughter like you. :hug1:

Hugs to all!

Edited by Lady Elissa

I gotta post more often, even if it is just to show off my new gifs that I find around the internets.

Hey! Everybody!

It's quiet in here!

Everyone ready for spring? I know I am!

Winters are always long here in NH and since I don't ski or snowmobile anymore just makes

it feel even longer.

The last couple of days have been sunny and warm - nice for sitting out on my porch w/my coffee soaking up the warmth.

What's the weather like where you are?

(((hugs)) to all who need one.

zany <3

Hellooooooooooooo..........it's quite everywhere in Gerryland....... :watchclock:

BlueJean

:wave: I guess most of you know that hubby, Good Sport, was hospitalized last week with blood clots. His only symptom was pain and swelling in his leg. His doctor sent him for tests on Monday, and from there, to the ER, where they did a CAT scan and found clots in his lungs. They admitted him for treatment. When they put him on the monitor, he had an elevated heart rate with an irregular rhythm. Again, NO symptoms. They kept him 5 days. He's home now on lots of meds, including two injections a day, and two appointments for tomorrow. Isn't he lucky to be married to an RN? ;)

I hope all of you are having a good week. This is Spring Break here for the public schools. Hugs to all! :)

Edited by Lady Elissa

:wave: I guess most of you know that hubby, Good Sport, was hospitalized last week with blood clots. His only symptom was pain and swelling in his leg. His doctor sent him for tests on Monday, and from there, to the ER, where they did a CAT scan and found clots in his lungs. They admitted him for treatment. When they put him on the monitor, he had an elevated heart rate with an irregular rhythm. Again, NO symptoms. They kept him 5 days. He's home now on lots of meds, including two injections a day, and two appointments for tomorrow. Isn't he lucky to be married to an RN? ;)

I hope all of you are having a good week. This is Spring Break here for the public schools. Hugs to all! :)

I did not know that. Weird that the pain and swelling was in his leg, but the clots were in his lungs. I think he is most likely very blessed to be married to an RN.

BlueJean

I did not know that. Weird that the pain and swelling was in his leg, but the clots were in his lungs. I think he is most likely very blessed to be married to an RN.

BlueJean

He had a blood clot in his leg too. The ER doc wasn't going to admit him or get a CAT scan, was just going to send him home with some meds and instructions to see his family doctor again in the morning, but the family doctor insisted on the CAT scan when they called him from the ER. It's a good thing they did the additional tests!

It's a very good thing he had pain and swelling - so that the blood clots were discovered. The ER doctor doesn't sound too swift. It's a good thing the ER called his doctor.

BlueJean

oh man, Elissa. How is he doing with being stuck at home? ANd YES he is the luckiest thing possible to have an RN at home, but FAR luckier to have you!

What is winter like here in No CA? Has been no winter...was reaching mid-70's and today the floodgates opened and our FIRST winter storm hit...all the blooms are everywhere - branches down, power outages.... man --- what a mess! Toto, we aren't in any place we expected any more!

Lots of love to one and all.

Jill

:wave: Jill. Bill is very happy to be out of the hospital, and even happier that he no longer needs the shots I was having to give him twice a day! He has to take it easy, but he can still drive and is not on bed rest. Just no strenuous exercise and he has to limit salt and alcohol. He's not real happy about having his Irish whiskey and beer limited, right at St. Patrick's day too! :p Now, if I can just make sure he takes his medications every day. Not taking his blood pressure pills is part of what got him into this situation in the first place. ;)

Well, I feel his pain about being careful with the BP meds --- and the diabetes -- but, with you there....he is one lucky man.....

Top of the morning to you both!

Lots of love to all,

Jill

:streaker:

since this gif is being bothersome...

*************runs through and streaks like it's 2005!******************

Posted Image

Edited by Stef with an F