Gerard Butler GALS
MyObsession

Add Friend & PM Icons

Being fairly new to GALS, I'm having trouble adding the icons to add friends and PM under my "photo" in my profile. I'd

sure appreciate some assistance from one of you very knowledgeable ladies. I've tried to edit my profile several times and just can't figure it out. :bonk:Can someone PLEASE HELP me? Thanks so much!

Hugs,

Kathy G

Hi Kathy G!

If I read you right you want to send a PM to someone and you don't know how. All you have to do is go to the top of this page where your picture and user name is located. Click on the arrow to the right of your name and you will see MESSENGER. Click on that and you will be on a message page. On the right side you will see COMPOSE NEW. Click on that and you will see a new message ready for you to fill out with the username of the person you are sending the message to. Don't forget to fill out the SUBJECT line. Then just write your message and SEND.

Now to add friends you just click on the icon below the person's profile on the left of a post they made. It says ADD FRIEND. It won't work to click on your own. You click on your friend's icon under their name and they will be added to your friend's list. Sometimes you have to wait until that person agrees first. It depends on how they set up their settings.

To edit your profile you go to your Profile page via the area where your name and picture is located. Make changes and don't forget to go to the bottom of the page to SAVE what you changed.

If I misunderstood what you needed please let me know and I will answer any questions you have.

~HUGS~ Kathy ( the other one) LOL!!

Hi Kathy G!

If I read you right you want to send a PM to someone and you don't know how. All you have to do is go to the top of this page where your picture and user name is located. Click on the arrow to the right of your name and you will see MESSENGER. Click on that and you will be on a message page. On the right side you will see COMPOSE NEW. Click on that and you will see a new message ready for you to fill out with the username of the person you are sending the message to. Don't forget to fill out the SUBJECT line. Then just write your message and SEND.

Now to add friends you just click on the icon below the person's profile on the left of a post they made. It says ADD FRIEND. It won't work to click on your own. You click on your friend's icon under their name and they will be added to your friend's list. Sometimes you have to wait until that person agrees first. It depends on how they set up their settings.

To edit your profile you go to your Profile page via the area where your name and picture is located. Make changes and don't forget to go to the bottom of the page to SAVE what you changed.

If I misunderstood what you needed please let me know and I will answer any questions you have.

~HUGS~ Kathy ( the other one) LOL!!

Hey #1 Kathy - lol,

Thanks for trying to help me, but I guess I didn't explain myself well enough - I'm trying to put those icons UNDER my own picture. I looked everywhere in the How To thread, as well as Edit My Profile section and didn't see anything explaining how to get the icons added to my picture - I must have missed something - do you know what I mean? I think I need a crash course for dummies :lalala: !

Thanks,

Kathy G

Thanks Kathy for answering this. Kathy G, if you need any other help or if you are still having trouble please don't hesitate to ask.

hugs,

Sue

Thanks Kathy for answering this. Kathy G, if you need any other help or if you are still having trouble please don't hesitate to ask.

hugs,

Sue

Thanks, Sue - I think our last 2 posts "crossed in the mail"! I am still having trouble with this :bonk:. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hugs,

Kathy G

Kathy,

I'm here...I'm sending you a PM.

hugs,

Sue

OH....OK, I get ya now. The truth is you don't see those icons under your own picture because you don't FRIEND yourself and you don't send yourself a Message so those icons never appear under your own profile pic from your viewpoint. They do appear to others who see your profile pic so they can FRIEND you and send you a message. I see your icons right now but you don't. OK?

~HUGS~ Kathy

Edited by Forbes girl

She gets it now Kathy...lol. Had a fantastic chat with Kathy G on the phone this evening. Kathy G I love your Philly accent woman!

hugs,

Sue

She gets it now Kathy...lol. Had a fantastic chat with Kathy G on the phone this evening. Kathy G I love your Philly accent woman!

hugs,

Sue

Good!!! Thanks for helping, Sue!

~HUGS~ Kathy

:snort: Just looking in here! Looks like you all got it sorted out! Aren't things hard to explain sometimes in writing. Sue glad you helped Kathy out! I wasn't sure what she meant either.

Cheryl

hugs,

Sue

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Ladies!

Just got home from work and wanted to thank you both for jumping in to help me last nite. And Cheryl as well, for keeping an eye out for us "newbies". You are ALL awesome! :bow:- "Johnny on the Spot" with help for those of us that are lost. I very much appreciate it - it's nice to know you're out there!

Sue -

What Philly accent?

I thought I misplaced that! I'll have to see if I can get Gerry to help me learn how to change that LOL!

I really enjoyed out chat last night - wanted to send you a thank you, but I couldn't look at the computer for another minute - :flee: my eyes were bugging right out of my head!!!

Thanks again,

:hearts:

Kathy

hugs,

Sue

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Ladies!

Just got home from work and wanted to thank you both for jumping in to help me last nite. And Cheryl as well, for keeping an eye out for us "newbies". You are ALL awesome! :bow:- "Johnny on the Spot" with help for those of us that are lost. I very much appreciate it - it's nice to know you're out there!

Sue -

What Philly accent?

I thought I misplaced that! I'll have to see if I can get Gerry to help me learn how to change that LOL!

I really enjoyed out chat last night - wanted to send you a thank you, but I couldn't look at the computer for another minute - :flee: my eyes were bugging right out of my head!!!

Thanks again,

:hearts:

Kathy

No problem, KathyG. We're all here to help each other get the most fun out of GALS!

~HUGS~ Kathy