Gerard Butler GALS

CONVENTION SURPRISE #1

Jennifer St. Giles

METROSPACE aka Susan Heath, the wonderful lady who was able to purchase most of the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA THE MOVIE artifacts has graciously consented to allow Gerard Butler Fan Convention attendees to journey to her home in Las Vegas to see and take pictures of the memorabilia. The cost for this unique pleasure will be $25.00 per person to help Susan cover the cost of setting this treat up for us. Please make checks out to Susan Heath

And mail to Maureen Marella

601 S. 10th Street

Suite 205

Las Vegas, NV 89101

Deadline to sign up for this is June 1st.

Each person will be responsible for their own transportation to this venue. Times, directions, and tickets will be given to you at registration.

AT THIS POINT THE HOURS YOU MAY DO THIS IN ARE 9 AM ot 5PM Saturday June 10th and Sunday June 11th. If Susan is able to add more I will let you know.

Thanks

thank you

susan

:headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so cool!! Is this something we will be doing on Friday or Saturday, or is it going to be available on other days as well, like Sunday?

OMG!!!! This is soo awesome!! OK, now I definitely have to be there!!! :yippee: :yippee:

Question: I take it this will be happening during the convention times, not on another day?

*Sarah

Edited by sbchild04

I would actually really love to do that. From Australia it is a bit hard to work out exactly when and what time. I would really like to go with several others in a group.

Is anyone organising/coordinating the visit?

I am happy to send appropriate monies directly to the lovely lady. We probably need to know how many people she can host at one time.

This is something I sort of want to do, but I don't know how we can be expected to send money to do something that may be at an inconvenient time. What if we get to Vegas and find out that we have scheduling conflicts? Is it unreasonalbe to ask that Susan give us more info about day and time? :confused:

ALSO.... if quite a few of us decide to go, can we share the cost of a bus or mini-van taxi. Transportation in and around Las Vegas can get quite expensive. Does anyone know if most of the road construction is completed on the Strip? When I was there in May 2005, taxi fares were quatrupled because of the construction. They charge an intial fee, then by the minute, and with detours and delays, it really became a significant expense. Also, we had to plan further ahead to get to where we were going, especially if it was to get to a show on time, or to catch a flight.

Hey FANS,

At this point you can do this from 9 Am to 5 PM Saturday June 10th and Sunday June 11th.

If Susan is able to add more hours or days later, I will let you know

Thanks

And Yes, I think you all will be able to coordinate transportation and share fares and times once you get to the convention

I am sending my check today. Should I put with it a request for the day and time that I think would be best for me? I really don't want to tie up any Saturday time because I might be needed to help with registration or some other duties connected with the convention but Sunday afternoon would be great (I'm not committing to ANYTHING in the mornings - not after my last all-nighter in Vegas)!! Hopefully Maureen can give us an idea of how much time it will take to get from the hotel to Susan's home, based on REAL traffic patterns rather than on Mapquest times which assume no traffic (and that is NEVER the case around the Strip.

I also requested Sunday afternoon, (preferably sometime between noon and 2) and would love to go with a group of GALS.

A note for anyone who is flying out on Sunday: you need to allow extra time for a Sunday departure at the airport. I've come into Las Vegas on a Sunday and the lines for departures were really long to get through security (so many people come for the weekend that Friday arrivals and Sunday departures are a zoo). They are better than most airports at handling the crowds because they are expected, but you just need to keep it in mind when making plans.

Guest Aislinn

Hey FANS,

At this point you can do this from 9 Am to 5 PM Saturday June 10th and Sunday June 11th.

If Susan is able to add more hours or days later, I will let you know

Thanks

And Yes, I think you all will be able to coordinate transportation and share fares and times once you get to the convention

Susan,

Is there a limit of people per tour? I would love to see these items gathered together, but leave on Sunday.

Thanks,

Aislinn/Ashley

• 1 month later...

He touched... handled... wore! :swoon: *Please, wear me Gerry!*

I think I'm going to bring along my smelling salts for any of us who might just faint at the sight of these "Gerry artifacts"....yup, I think that's a good idea... *sigh* Criminy, I feel light-headed just at the very THOUGHT of the sight of them!! :mopboyerik: :inlove: :swoon:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee reminder to fit a visit to Susan's house in when you come to the convention. Susan and her husband have spent a great deal of money and time getting ready for us to view all the costumes, so please, please, please let's support her!

And remember....Gerry TOUCHED these costumes! :Yee-Haw:

:hugs:

Dr. Em

I sent my money in ages ago - so come on all you GALS on the fence about it - I've seen some of the costumes when they were on display at FIDM but we weren't allowed to take photos of them (and there were only a few costumes there). This is a chance to be up close and personal with some very important pieces that were part of a movie that changed our lives in many ways. We can arrange transportation together and make an event of it!!

And Gerry didn't just TOUCH them - he WORE some of them - against his skin, for many long hours, maybe even days and days!! How can you resist visiting them, being almost as close to them as they were to him??