heISmyGspot

Special Convention Announcement #2!

14 posts in this topic

As many of you know, we are pleased to welcome Rev. Sam Childers as our Special Guest at the 7th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention & Charity Gala.

It is with much pleasure that we add a decidedly "Hollywood Flair" to his appearance

by welcoming Machine Gun Preacher Producer

DEBORAH GIARRATANA

(Say "Jeratanna" :kisswink:)

Mrs. Giarratana, or DeborahG, sold the life rights to the Rev. Sam Childers story and oversaw the publishing of his book, ANOTHER MAN'S WAR, about Sam's life and present work in Africa.

Over the last 20 years Deborah has been at the forefront of the emerging high-end visual effects and animation industry. She began building film business for Pacific Data Images which went on to become Dreamworks Animation. She then went to work with James Cameron's company, Digital Domain and billed millions of dollars in revenue up through the release of TITANIC.

Deborah is now in her 10th year producing & managing film business for Sony Pictures Imageworks (SPIDERMAN franchise, IAM LEGEND, WATCHMAN, G-FORCE and ALICE IN WONDERLAND), one of the leading visual effects and animation companies in the world. She's had a rewarding experience working with such filmmakers as Sam Raimi, Zack Snyder, Tim Burton among others.

In addition to owning her own production company, GGFilmz, she is a co-founder of LA Loves.

Prior to her work in the entertainment industry, Deborah was on staff for 8 years at Grace Church of Kendall, in Miami, Florida, as an associate pastor overseeing the singles ministries mobilizing them to get involved on a global level. She orchestrated local & international outreaches. She arranged multiple trips to Honduras, Costa Rica, Columbia, the Bahamas and Jamaica.

This explains her passion for championing the cause we know as "Machine Gun Preacher." It is through her sheer determination to get this story on film that we get to see Gerry in his role as "Sam Childers." Machine Gun Preacher is very much "her baby."

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=g8f9KA3OPm8

When we extended the invitation, one of her questions was, "What do you want me to do?" I explained that we wanted to lift her up and have her share her inspirational story of perseverance regarding the making of Machine Gun Preacher. As an afterthought, I said, "Oh, and share some 'Gerry stories.'" To which she enthusiastically replied, "Stories?! BOY! Do I have stories!!" :pointy:

For those that "Twitter," you can follow Deb at @deborahggfilmz

:woohoo:This is wonderful Holly!:dancer::bounce:

:ty:DebG!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

As if Sam wasn't enough now we have Deb too!

Hey Everyone, if you've been sitting on the fence about coming to the Convention, sit no longer!

This year is developing into something truly magical, we all feel it. :hearts:Sign up NOW and be a part of something SPECTACULAR!

Holly

:yourock:

This is going to be the best convention ever!

Thanks

Sara

This is going to be the best convention ever!

Thanks

Sara

I don't think any one of us will argue with you, Sara! There's a definite "thrum" amid the Modsquad and planners. We've got one more "possibility" out there and I'm praying God sees fit to pull it together for us.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

As if Sam wasn't enough now we have Deb too!

Hey Everyone, if you've been sitting on the fence about coming to the Convention, sit no longer!

This year is developing into something truly magical, we all feel it. :hearts:Sign up NOW and be a part of something SPECTACULAR!

It's definitely different this year, that's for sure!

I am soooooooo glad for the virtual convention, otherwise I would never have a chance to meet this lovely lady! How wonderful for the convention!

Holly you've outdone yourself this year. Well done.

Moira

Hol, I couldn't have completed my reservations at a better time. I am SO PUMPED!! Thanks GF!

Buff

"Pumped" is just the word I had in mind, Buff. Holly, You will have stars in your crown in Heaven for pulling this off. Thank you for all your hard work!!

Suzie

As many of you know, we are pleased to welcome Rev. Sam Childers as our Special Guest at the 7th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention & Charity Gala.

It is with much pleasure that we add a decidedly "Hollywood Flair" to his appearance

by welcoming Machine Gun Preacher Producer

DEBORAH GIARRATANA

(Say "Jeratanna" :kisswink:)

Mrs. Giarratana, or DeborahG, sold the life rights to the Rev. Sam Childers story and oversaw the publishing of his book, ANOTHER MAN'S WAR, about Sam's life and present work in Africa.

Over the last 20 years Deborah has been at the forefront of the emerging high-end visual effects and animation industry. She began building film business for Pacific Data Images which went on to become Dreamworks Animation. She then went to work with James Cameron's company, Digital Domain and billed millions of dollars in revenue up through the release of TITANIC.

Holly you amaze me! What a great night it will be!

Deborah is now in her 10th year producing & managing film business for Sony Pictures Imageworks (SPIDERMAN franchise, IAM LEGEND, WATCHMAN, G-FORCE and ALICE IN WONDERLAND), one of the leading visual effects and animation companies in the world. She's had a rewarding experience working with such filmmakers as Sam Raimi, Zack Snyder, Tim Burton among others.

In addition to owning her own production company, GGFilmz, she is a co-founder of LA Loves.

Prior to her work in the entertainment industry, Deborah was on staff for 8 years at Grace Church of Kendall, in Miami, Florida, as an associate pastor overseeing the singles ministries mobilizing them to get involved on a global level. She orchestrated local & international outreaches. She arranged multiple trips to Honduras, Costa Rica, Columbia, the Bahamas and Jamaica.

This explains her passion for championing the cause we know as "Machine Gun Preacher." It is through her sheer determination to get this story on film that we get to see Gerry in his role as "Sam Childers." Machine Gun Preacher is very much "her baby."

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=g8f9KA3OPm8

When we extended the invitation, one of her questions was, "What do you want me to do?" I explained that we wanted to lift her up and have her share her inspirational story of perseverance regarding the making of Machine Gun Preacher. As an afterthought, I said, "Oh, and share some 'Gerry stories.'" To which she enthusiastically replied, "Stories?! BOY! Do I have stories!!" :pointy:

For those that "Twitter," you can follow Deb at @deborahggfilmz

Holly you've outdone yourself this year. Well done.

Moira

Hi ladies,

how many of you are lucky enough to be attending this year's convention? I so wish I could go too!

Mirin

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome convention. I wish I could go, but I will be there in spirit!

LisaR