Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

MGP Premieres on UK TV Sky/FilmFlex 3/19

Let me see if I get this right.....The UK saw MGP in their theaters, they have the DVD out now, AND now it is going to be on their TV. Where did we go wrong here in the States???????? :tantrum:

Let me see if I get this right.....The UK saw MGP in their theaters, they have the DVD out now, AND now it is going to be on their TV. Where did we go wrong here in the States???????? :tantrum:

The Amazon.uk.co had January info re: MGP dvd release available in UK on March 19. I also questioned what was going on but I have been doing that for many months as I'm sure many of us have. I have a DVD player that will play different regions so I pre-ordered it. I checked the order last night on the 18th and there was a large highlighted notification that they were unable to dispatch to my address and it explained their limitations due to agreements. I deleted it (to refund the money). Received notification today that it couldn't be cancelled because it had already been sent. (So who knows?!) This whole thing has been such a trial and all I wanted to do was see the blooming movie! The movie was scheduled at a city 125mi. away and I thought I could manage that and I was delighted when a theater in my city listed it to be shown the next week. Abruptly it wasn't listed on their site 4 days later then the other city site stopped listing as coming. When I called both sites and spoke with the managers asking why this happened. I was told they had no control over it because it had been withdrawn by the movie studio.

I surrender!!

The Amazon.uk.co had January info re: MGP dvd release available in UK on March 19. I also questioned what was going on but I have been doing that for many months as I'm sure many of us have. I have a DVD player that will play different regions so I pre-ordered it. I checked the order last night on the 18th and there was a large highlighted notification that they were unable to dispatch to my address and it explained their limitations due to agreements. I deleted it (to refund the money). Received notification today that it couldn't be cancelled because it had already been sent. (So who knows?!) This whole thing has been such a trial and all I wanted to do was see the blooming movie! The movie was scheduled at a city 125mi. away and I thought I could manage that and I was delighted when a theater in my city listed it to be shown the next week. Abruptly it wasn't listed on their site 4 days later then the other city site stopped listing as coming. When I called both sites and spoke with the managers asking why this happened. I was told they had no control over it because it had been withdrawn by the movie studio.

I surrender!!

I know the feeling! I don't get excited by a movie Gerry is supposed to do now because it may not ever be made or I may not be able to see it in a theater OR I may have to wait forever for a DVD!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'll bet Gerry is just as frustrated as as the rest of us about MGP.

He worked very hard and gave up almost a year of his life for this

project just to see it basically shelved and ignored. He did all the

press and suffered all of the anxiety over the children in Africa

just to see the project overlooked.

I am heart broken for him over this. Now al this publicity over

the Jason Russell video and Geroge Cloney's arest, etc. and still

no mention of Gerry's efforts to bring this situation to light.

I am very disappointed that Gerry's efforts have not been brought

to light in the last few weeks.

I just hope Gerry is enjoying what he is doing enough to keep

doing it and not get discouraged. He is magic on the screen and

brings joy to our lives with his every performance. I hope he knows

that.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I feel for my U.S GAL brothers and sisters :(

If it makes you feel any better we had a fairly limited cinema release in the UK too (although we don't have to travel quite as far over here to find the nearest movie theatre showing a particular film as some of you guys do!) My local cinema only had it on for a week, showing at stupid times like 2pm in the afternoon!

As far as I know, it is only showing on Sky Movies and Filmflex as a pay per view. Movies on there usually come out the same time as the DVD.

Also, on a plus note for you, the U.S will be getting Coriolanus on DVD before we do! :)

I hope MGP gets released on DVD in the U.S. soon. I can't believe they are not taking advantage of all the publicity for the Kony thing!! :(

x

Edited by frisby