Gerard Butler GALS

4/17/12 - Gerry in 'advanced talks' to star in "Manhunt"

DEADLINE NY EXCLUSIVE:

By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday April 17, 2012 @ 9:49pm EDT

Gerard Butler is in advanced negotiations to star in the action thriller Manhunt for Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher’s Double A Pictures. Breck Eisner is aboard to direct the film, which is set to begin production at year’s end. The plot involves a team of FBI agents sent to the North Carolina wilderness to chase the FBI’s most wanted man, domestic terrorist and survivalist James Tollan, who has eluded arrest with the support of the local population while attacking the federal government. They enroll the help of a reluctant bear hunter to capture the killer. But once the team enters the woods, the hunters become the hunted as Tollan will stop at nothing to survive and defend his territory. Shamberg and Sher are producing with Alexander Milchan’s EMJAG Films, Danny DeVito and Jersey Films and Scott Lambert of Management 360′s producing arm Cinema 360. Alan Siegel, Alexandra Milchan and Scott Lambert will executive produce. IM Global is fully financing the film.

Let me guess....Gerry will be the reluctant bear hunter. LOL!!

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't believe the number of films Gerry is supposed to be connected with and he is not set to start filming anything anytime soon. I just want to see Gerry do a film that will be widely distributed so his fans can be reintroduced to him. Too many haven't seen Gerry since TBH. That was not his best. Do I sound a little frustrated? That was my intent.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Let me guess....Gerry will be the reluctant bear hunter. LOL!!

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't believe the number of films Gerry is supposed to be connected with and he is not set to start filming anything anytime soon. I just want to see Gerry do a film that will be widely distributed so his fans can be reintroduced to him. Too many haven't seen Gerry since TBH. That was not his best. Do I sound a little frustrated? That was my intent.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I so agree, Kathy!

Suzie

Sounding good... the word "Advanced".

I can see him being associated with a lot of films... his shooting for as many as possible, because not all may come to frutation.

Keep looking for that "dotted line" statement on all of his 'possible' films. Those you can count on.

In any case, I am glad to see the word "advanced" on this! Means it is "moving forward"... one step closer! :)

:erik: ERik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Gerry would be great in the role of the survivalist for this project! I'm not feeling it for him as a hunter of reluctant bears. Just too far fetched.

Delene

:funnyup: Delene, I was joking.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Gerry would be great in the role of the survivalist for this project! I'm not feeling it for him as a hunter of reluctant bears. Just too far fetched.

Delene

:funnyup: Delene, I was joking.

~HUGS~ Kathy

So was I, Kathy!

Hugs,

Delene

BTW, according to this version of the story, Gerry is in talks to play the "reluctant bear hunter"

Ren

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/news/story/2012/04/18/gerard-butler-in-advanced/

Also, per that article, they're still "penning" the script. Sounds sort of like a Rambo-ish theme. If they're still in the writing phase with just a scenario, many changes could take place yet.

Delene

Another thing that intrigues me about this is the fact that the local people are helping the "terrorist/survivalist to evade capture. Makes you wonder who's the good guys and who's the bad guys in this. Since it doesn't sound like it's an adaptation from a novel, it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Delene

BTW, according to this version of the story, Gerry is in talks to play the "reluctant bear hunter"

Ren

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/news/story/2012/04/18/gerard-butler-in-advanced/

:funnyup: Unbelievable! Oh well, Gerry is attached to so many movies now and most will never come to fruition anyway. Whatever happened to the "Bricklayer"? I don't pay attention to movie announcements anymore. I wait until Gerry is actually filming a movie.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Delene as often happens when projects are announced names are attached and nothing further develops, the star backs out etc or schedules clash. With Thunder Run being motion capture there is every possibility while it's in Pre production it might be a while off from needing the actual main actors to do their bit.

What is great is it looks like Gerry will be kept very busy for the 2nd half of the year to keep us entertained for 2013.

Moira

Delene as often happens when projects are announced names are attached and nothing further develops, the star backs out etc or schedules clash. With Thunder Run being motion capture there is every possibility while it's in Pre production it might be a while off from needing the actual main actors to do their bit.

What is great is it looks like Gerry will be kept very busy for the 2nd half of the year to keep us entertained for 2013.

Moira

I was iffy on Hunter Killer anyway because the only thing I'd read was about the scouting for location when they were checking out Alaska. But on Thunder Run, a May 1st through the middle July time frame for filming in Baton Rouge was announced, or so I thought. Also, wasn't there a casting call request released recently? So I thought that one was a go.

Hopefully, all the upcoming films Gerry makes don't fall in to "limited release" catagory again! Nothing like waiting for a new one and then your chances of seeing it are slim unless you live in a certain area or you have to wait for DVD.

Delene

This is why I never get excited about a movie announcement. Gerry's track record with getting films in a wide distribution is also depressing. I am just going to wait and see what happens with PTF and Mavericks. I have a feeling Mavericks will be seen in California only. PTF will be seen in more states because it is a rom/com and we know how the critics love Gerry in rom/coms. I had high hopes for "Thunder Run" and "Hunter Killer" but who knows whether they will ever be made. I could say more but I will leave it at that.

~HUGS~ Kathy

This is why I never get excited about a movie announcement. Gerry's track record with getting films in a wide distribution is also depressing. I am just going to wait and see what happens with PTF and Mavericks. I have a feeling Mavericks will be seen in California only. PTF will be seen in more states because it is a rom/com and we know how the critics love Gerry in rom/coms. I had high hopes for "Thunder Run" and "Hunter Killer" but who knows whether they will ever be made. I could say more but I will leave it at that.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm with you, Kathy! I could say more but I'll refrain too. I realize there's no absolute definitive schedule and that's OK. One source picks up a rumor of him being in one film and then several announce it like it's gospel and it might be nothing more then a dream in somebody's coffee cup.

I guess I just like it best when things are lined up. I think PTF will be fine because there is a lot of other star power in that one and most probably some big salaries to pay too so that one shown around Christmas time will be a good fun movie for the holidays.

I want to see OMAM and I hope it is widely shown. After all the work he did learning to surf like a pro, it better!

Delene

It makes sense about 'Olympus' going first since there is another movie with that same premise in the works but without a script.

As for a reluctant bear hunter there are hundreds of them around the country. In Colorado they are employed by the Division of Wildlife and every year bears wander into small mountain towns and have to be relocated. But the bears only have a few chances before they are thought to be a danger to people and then they are more seriously dealt with. Encroachment by people into the woods or bears into the towns raises the need for reluctant bear hunters.

Funny true story in Durango, CO: Woman sees a bear climbing into her bedroom window. She starts shrieking and throws a telephone at him. He turns and climbs back out the open window.

Edited by Lady Ski Bum
  • 3 weeks later...

Well...it's being shopped at Cannes!

The Hollywood Reporter :

9:00 AM PDT 5/9/2012 by THR Staff

Cannes 2012: 24 A-List Films Being Sold This Year

A slew of new titles wll be offered to foreign distributors at the Cannes Film Market. A look at some of the hot projects waiting in the wings..

in the list:

Manhunt

Starring: Gerard Butler

Director: Brek Eisner|

Sales Company: IM Global

The FBI is tasked with tracking down a terrorist who is living in the wilderness. Production is set to start later this year.

Ren

:funnyup: Unbelievable! Oh well, Gerry is attached to so many movies now and most will never come to fruition anyway. Whatever happened to the "Bricklayer"? I don't pay attention to movie announcements anymore. I wait until Gerry is actually filming a movie.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Ren

~HUGS~ Kathy

Well, the bottom line of all these news and rumors is that he is in high demand. He is red hot and popular which is very good for an actor. All those projects he's been liked to sounds interesting and I am sure he will choose the one which suits him the best. I just want to see him on the big screen. It's been too long. I need my doze of Gerry Juice. :)