Gerard Butler GALS

5/15 - Thunder Run - new info on filming

Lady Ski Bum

Thunder Run to start filming

Freedom Films announced today that VFX production has started for 3-D action-thriller Thunder Run and that principal photography kicks off this summer. The Simon West-directed film will star Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey

Gerry is going to be a busy busy guy this summer and the rest of the year!

:cunning:

Guess he'll be running between Baton Rouge and Bossier City then if OHF/WHT is still a go. They should film Brilliant down there too and Gerry could just buy a house and commute.

Delene

Guess he'll be running between Baton Rouge and Bossier City then if OHF/WHT is still a go. They should film Brilliant down there too and Gerry could just buy a house and commute.

Delene

I can't see Gerry spending a huge amount of time filming this movie. I am reading the book at the moment and although I am only a third of the way through, his character, Colonel Eric Schwartz, isn't in it a huge amount. I would imagine it will be a bit like Black Hawk Down with lots of different characters, rather than focusing on one or two main ones.

According to this article the film will use a mixture of live action and CGI to create “a highly intense tank battle.”

So, maybe we will see Gerry on screen, with the CGI part being used for the tank shots?