Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

Movie Role Rumors.

OK Gals, go nuts!

C'mon GALS - you can do better that that! :conf:

I heard a rumor he was going to be in a movie where he traveled to a small town in Nebraska and courted a lovely red-haired lass...

Wait-is that his movie, or my autobiograhy?

Ack, neither, unfortunately! :p

Erm.....

Flash Dance 2?

:bounce: :dance2:

Gosh I sure don't know what his newest project would be, but I really fancy the idea of him being in another period peice a la Andre Marek. Or Beowulf. Gosh I can't think of what that would be, maybe even a Spanish Conquistador?? Oh wow, must stop speculating, drool coming! Help!

Oh, Mishy, I LOVE the way you think!!! :drool1: :gg1: :gg2:

Something in Australia? That requires lots of time spent in Brisbane wearing minimal clothing?

:wink:

fyi -here's the latest news update from GBNet re Gerry's new film role rumor

Gerard Butler to Play The King in 300

[Film Rumor News]Posted by: gbnetadmin

Article Date: August 11, 2005 | Publication: MoviesOnline Canada | Author: Michael]

According to a very reliable source of ours, Gerard Butler will be playing The King in Frank Millers 300. I am absolutely STOKED for this movie for a variety of reasons. Gerard Butler is known for his part of Drac in Dracula 2000.

Warner Bros.' 300 is an adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel about the legendary Battle of Thermopylae and the origins of democracy, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Set in the midst of the Persian-Greco war, the project revolves around the Battle of Thermopylae, where Spartan king Leonidas led his army of 300 soldiers into battle against the invading Persian army.

According to legend, their valor and sacrifice inspired all of Greece to unite against their Persian foe, leading to the origins of democracy. "It's really an anti-epic," said Mark Canton, one of the producers. "It has major themes of freedom, democracy and brotherhood that are very much in keeping with the world today."

It sounds like the kind of project that would excite Gerry. Does it mean he'll be on screen in one of the outfits like Brad Pitt wore in Troy??? Lots of thigh showing??? God, I hope it is so!!!!! Unfortunately all 300 die if they stick to historical accuracy so that will be hard to watch - again!

I think I read that they have a $60M budget and imdb lists Siena Miller (Jude Law's fiance) as the co-star. Gerry is not yet listed on imdb, but there are some comments there that talk about him playing the lead.

And, of course, he dies...along with all of the 300.

:lol: 300 sounds great. Short kilty type costumes * praying for lots of wind :p *

A movie where he inspires others, perrrrfect for him. BUT DAMN does he have to die YET again????

( I think we may need to start a please save Gerry petition ) :blink:

Hope its true though, the more Gerry movies the better! :good:

I just went to IMDB and can't find any casting info on this yet. I can't remember my log in so I can't read the messages associated with it though I see one with his name on it. I'm a bit skeptical about how "big" it might be - the director has really only directed one movie - Dawn of the Dead in 2004. Don't know how that bodes for this flick. I really wish he'd get a part with a big name director like Spielberg, Eastwood, Howard....

EDIT: I was going to post this on GB.net but figured it might get a spaking over there. One of the posters put in a link to this painting that is in the Louvre of King Leonidas - that's him in the center I believe! Now what wouldn't we GALS pay to see Gerry play the role in THAT costume (or lack thereof?) And look, he has a large sword too!

King Leonidas in art

Edited by SporranTart

EDIT:  I was going to post this on GB.net but figured it might get a spaking over there.  One of the posters put in a link to this painting that is in the Louvre of King Leonidas - that's him in the center I believe!  Now what wouldn't we GALS pay to see Gerry play the role in THAT costume (or lack thereof?)  And look, he has a large sword too!

King Leonidas in art

Hubba, hubba. King Leonidas is built like a rock. If that's how King Leonidas dressed (or undressed :p ), then can we count on Billy in a cameo role? :lol:

Maybe Billy will have the 2nd lead (Gerry having 1st of course).

:drool1::drool1::drool1:

I just went to IMDB and can't find any casting info on this yet.  I can't remember my log in so I can't read the messages associated with it though I see one with his name on it.  I'm a bit skeptical about how "big" it might be - the director has really only directed one movie - Dawn of the Dead in 2004.  Don't know how that bodes for this flick.  I really wish he'd get a part with a big name director like Spielberg, Eastwood, Howard....

EDIT:  I was going to post this on GB.net but figured it might get a spaking over there.  One of the posters put in a link to this painting that is in the Louvre of King Leonidas - that's him in the center I believe!  Now what wouldn't we GALS pay to see Gerry play the role in THAT costume (or lack thereof?)  And look, he has a large sword too!

King Leonidas in art

sporran - imdb has several listings for "Frank Miller."

Someone mentioned on the GBNet site that he did "Sin City." If he is the Frank Miller that did "Sin City," he has several other movies to his credit. I'm not sure though, because "Sin City" and "300" would seem to be worlds apart in mood, setting, etc. But, I guess we'll know soon.

I checked the Louvre painting out. If they film Gerry in a state of undress like that, there will be a few less tarts in the world after they succumb to a coronary in the theatre after viewing him in all his glory!

gummyrooney - I was talking about the director, not the writer. The writer is the same Frank Miller of Sin City fame, also wrote Ronin. But the man listed as directing the movie has only directed one prior movie, and something else that it seems went straight to video. However, the more I read about this story it seems custom-made for Gerry and something that he would be very excited about. If it is a Warner Brothers production then it already has a big studio behind it so that should mean wider release, we would hope.

Erm.....

Flash Dance 2?

:bounce:  :dance2:

Flashdance 2!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: Would he be the dancer or the, uh...... :whatever:

Hey Abrock, I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheeky:

Edited by mousie

WOW! While the King Leonidas "costume" would be impressive and :drool1:

Seeing Gerry dressed as Spartan Hoplite with basically nothing but a kilt and helmet on would be inspiring too! :thud:

I thought Pitt was hot in Troy - I think I would pass out to see Gerry similarly attired. I can see why he may have started his workout regime again.

:gerrytacular:

Erm.....

Flash Dance 2?

:bounce: :dance2:

Don't you mean FLESH DANCE starring Can't Keep Me Down Billy and His Twin Cousins?

Don't you mean FLESH DANCE starring Can't Keep Me Down Billy and His Twin Cousins?

:roll:

I do hope Gerry gets it. He seems to be attracted to historical/costume dramas. * Thinks of Gerry fighting and sweaty and legs showing maybe barechested.* :gg1: :gg2:

I'm not so sure about Sienna Miller, she's an ok actress but looks too modern, imho.

:unsure: :blink: King Leonidas ehum costume :huh: :eye:

:drool1::drool1::drool1:

:gg1: :gg2:

*yep thats all my fingers will produce*

The only problem I have with this, would be that as far as I remember King Leonidas dies very heroically in battle.

:hissy: :hissy:

Yes, I understand the great King met an end similar to William Wallace of Braveheart (he was killed and crucified hanging upside down). But you know, those things don't bother me as long as I am assured that no real Gerry is harmed in the filming of the movie. The thing I wonder about is that I believe this is going to be filmed entirely against a green screen with the backgrounds and scenery done through CGI. I wonder how he'll adapt to that? I just want confirmation of whatever his new role is because he sure seemed verrrrra verrrrra excited about it and I love that.

Guest Beanie

Just about fell off my chair laughing when I checked that Leonidas painting. :p:p:p

And, yes, OF COURSE Gerry would die in this movie -- doesn't he always? :lol:

But, along those same lines, we can also be fairly assured that he'll be half nekkid at some point in the movie. More fodder for the Gals.

:cheeky: