Gerard Butler GALS

"Beefing up" for Motor City?

Although this sounds like an interesting project, I'm not sure how I feel about Gerry "Beefing up" for the role.

He has suffered enough with previous roles like 300 and Gamer where he had to train so intently and still has pain issues and injuries related to those and other roles and the training he did.

I was hoping with recent films like MGP and Coriolanus that he would start getting away from action films and focus on more character-driven roles (yes I know both of those films had some action scenes, but you know what I mean!).

I just hope he doesn't do any more damage with this next run of action films.

Although this sounds like an interesting project, I'm not sure how I feel about Gerry "Beefing up" for the role.

He has suffered enough with previous roles like 300 and Gamer where he had to train so intently and still has pain issues and injuries related to those and other roles and the training he did.

I was hoping with recent films like MGP and Coriolanus that he would start getting away from action films and focus on more character-driven roles (yes I know both of those films had some action scenes, but you know what I mean!).

I just hope he doesn't do any more damage with this next run of action films.

Looks like he he is taking it a bit more sensible for WHT! ;)

"Gerard is starring in White House Taken, playing a Secret Service agent protecting the President from an imminent attack. The 42-year-old star has vowed to get in shape for his big screen outing.

"It's a Lethal Weapon/Die Hard unapologetic action movie," he explained. "I just kind of started, I don't want to get too big. But definitely more cut."

Source

I feel like you do. I hope he realizes he has limitation on what he can put his body through. He has a slew of action films in a row and we have to trust he knows what he's doing. I hoped to see him do something like Burns, and I know I'm sounding like a broken record now, but maybe that's no longer possible. I will look forward to whatever he does in the future and hope it's not all action type movies. Love to see a nice romance/drama maybe a bit of a tear jerker (not romcom) thrown in there for good measure some day.

Delene

I personally want to see Gerry move back towards action movies with the occasional romantic comedy and MGP and C type movies. I just want to see him on the big screen again - 3D - IMAX -

As long as he is exercising and beefing up naturally and not using steriods more power to him!