Gerard Butler GALS

'Brave' new Pixar Animated film

Hi there,

This new family movie set in Scotland is getting wonderful reviews and doing very well at the box office and although Gerry has been very busy over the last few years with other varied projects I feel a tiny bit wistful that he is not in it. So many of his friends like Billy Connelly, Craig Ferguson, Kevin McKidd are in the cast and Pixar is a wonderful company to work with.

The Scottish scenery looks fantastic even though it is a cartoon - the producers did a lot of research, visiting Scotland, to get the right look.

It seems to look a bit like 'How to train your Dragon' and with the same family appeal and humour although this time with a feisty female lead.

I am looking forward to seeing it at the cinema here in August when it is released.

Cheers,

Mirin

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary (21 years) and my husband and I both decided to spend it seeing Brave in Real 3D. We absolutely loved it. I love hearing all the Scottish accents and there are so many hilarious moments that had me covering my mouth I was laughing so hard. I love Merida - I always had trouble selecting a #1 favorite Disney princess but Merida is it for me. Yes, the look and sound is quite similar to How To Train Your Dragon, even though that was a Dreamworks production and I too found myself wishing Gerry had a part in Brave. This is one animated film I will probably go see again before it leaves the big screen. I highly recommend it!

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary (21 years) and my husband and I both decided to spend it seeing Brave in Real 3D. We absolutely loved it. I love hearing all the Scottish accents and there are so many hilarious moments that had me covering my mouth I was laughing so hard. I love Merida - I always had trouble selecting a #1 favorite Disney princess but Merida is it for me. Yes, the look and sound is quite similar to How To Train Your Dragon, even though that was a Dreamworks production and I too found myself wishing Gerry had a part in Brave. This is one animated film I will probably go see again before it leaves the big screen. I highly recommend it!

Thanks, Susan, for your info about 'Brave'

I'll look forward to seeing it too!

Mirin

*off topic but* Happy Anniversary Suuuuuusan! :pointy:

*back on topic* I too am really looking forward to Brave, and I also wish that Gerry had been involved.

Edited by Knight Phantom