Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GBPhanatic

Possible rumored role?

So on Gerry's IMDb page there's a new movie "rumored" for him called "Crossface". From what I'm reading about it, it's based on the true story of the WWE wrestler, Chris Benoit. I'm not a wrestling fan but I don't like the sound of it. Sounds like it's a depiction of the realities of this "sport" and a big downer type movie and maybe should be a made for TV docudrama. Gerry would have to get his body back in to 300 type condition maybe and seems he already put his body through enough torture in that process but I think 300 was worth it. I hope he doesn't do this one and I feel it would have a very limited target market anyway. Maybe this is just someone elses wishful thinking and he isn't considering it, I hope! JMO.

Delene

The life of Chris Benoit would be a very powerful, dramatic role for Gerry, but it would be a very difficult movie to watch. I don't want to give any spoilers here, but if you're curious about Chris Benoit, google him or look on Wikipedia. ;)

Yeah not a happy story there. I hope that is just a rumor...tho a barely clothed Gerry, spandex shorts and oil, would have its bonuses.

While the role might be a meaty one, you have to wonder who started the rumor. Since imdb is a user interactive site, it doesn't take much to get something posted there. The film looks to be packaged by WME and G is repped by CAA which also makes me skeptical. Perhaps G and the (first time) screenwriter, who is an ex-Weinstein Co. staffer, are friends and he's letting her circulate the rumor to drum up some interest? Lots of things in LaLa Land are rumored. Very few come to fruition.

I just think one...will it have only limited appeal to mostly fans of wrestling, two...the physical toll it might take on Gerry's body to look like a WWE wrestler, three...knowing the dark and disturbing nature of the real life story that could be off putting to a wider audience and a subject matter people just don't want to see, and four will I go see it even with Gerry in it? I just think if Gerry's going to put that kind of hard work and toil in to a film it should be one that would bring in a wider audience. I think he'd be better off playing in a biopic of Ted Bundy! JMO.

I remember once that "Game of Thrones" appeared on Gerry's imdb page didn't it? So much erroneous information flying around out there in cyberspace!

Delene

FYI - I no longer see this on Gerry's IMDB page.

Ren

Good. I hope it was just an unfounded rumor. Glad to know it's been removed from his imdb page. Thanks, Ren! Posted Image

:yummy:

I just think one...will it have only limited appeal to mostly fans of wrestling, two...the physical toll it might take on Gerry's body to look like a WWE wrestler, three...knowing the dark and disturbing nature of the real life story that could be off putting to a wider audience and a subject matter people just don't want to see, and four will I go see it even with Gerry in it? I just think if Gerry's going to put that kind of hard work and toil in to a film it should be one that would bring in a wider audience. I think he'd be better off playing in a biopic of Ted Bundy! JMO.

I remember once that "Game of Thrones" appeared on Gerry's imdb page didn't it? So much erroneous information flying around out there in cyberspace!

Delene

:doh:Yet again dear Delene; we are on the same brain wave in characters for Gerry to play! YES to playing a character like Ted Bundy...not to "glamorize" Ted's terrible deeds...just to give meaning and depth to yet another of Gerry's list of characters. The movie would be a warning to all those young girls who put all their info on face book and are so vulnerable where a real psycho is concerned...Not that Gerry is a "psycho" but those eyes that both threaten and adore work so well for him in roles like that .....

Glad this rumor was put to rest. Gerry or not, this is one movie I will NOT be seeing. I remember when the case occurred and it is just too disturbing!

Suzie

Gerry should continue to play heroes - even in LAC he was a villain we could empathize with. No mass murderers please! There are plenty of great roles that don't involve trying to change Gerry's image.

Edited by Lady Ski Bum