Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Golden Girls

irish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.'

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.

A balding, white haired man from Sherman Oaks in
California, walked into a jewelry store in a local mall this
past Friday evening with a beautiful much younger gal at his side.
He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for
his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his stock and
brought out a $5,000 ring. The man said, 'No, I'd like to
see something more special.'
At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock
and brought another ring over. 'Here's a stunning ring at
only $40,000' the jeweler said. The lady's eyes sparkled
and her whole body trembled with excitement.
The old man seeing this said, 'We'll take it.'
The jeweler asked how payment would be made and
the man stated, 'By cheque. I know you need to make
sure my cheque is good, so I'll write it now and you
can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll
pick up the ring Monday afternoon.'
On Monday morning, the jeweler angrily phoned the
old man and said, 'There was only $25 in your account.'
'I know', said the old man, 'But let me tell you about
MY GREAT WEEKEND!'
REMEMBER... Not All Seniors Are Senile…

:hehe: Good one, Bonnie!

Hey, Golden Girls, I'm thinking of giving up the permanent hair color and letting the grey come through. I don't want to look ancient, but I think my face still looks young(ish). After all, I am 66 years old. Grey hair with a stylish hair cut is not aging. At what point am I kidding no one but myself? Any thoughts?

Elissa, as you know I had to give up coloring my hair a few years ago and I must say I love the money I'm saving...lol. You DO have a very young face and I think you'd look great my dear. As my sister in law said to me the other day when we were looking at some photos she had taken recently with her two boys.... "Do you think it looks funny that I have no gray and my two sons do???" LOL

I love in the lastest Outlander book when Jamie is describing all the colors he loves in Claire's hair and that SILVER is one of them.

hugs,

Sue

I talked with my hairdresser today, and I have an appointment for a haircut next week. Just a cut, no color. We'll discuss various transitional color options then too. She said we should probably let the brown color start to grow out, then see how it looks with my layered hairstyle. The nice thing about being blond is that the grey blends in pretty well. Being a dark brunette makes it more difficult. My natural color was such a dark brown, it photographed black. Now, it's colored a lighter shade of brown, but it's still dark brown. My roots used to be black, with a few visible greys. Now the roots are grey. That tells me it's time to see what truly lies beneath. :p

I can't wait to see what it looks like Elissa....you could always get some grey highlights but in now with the brown making it an easier transition maybe. ;):confused:

My hairdresser said she has some ideas to discuss with me. I told Erin, even if I have two-toned hair; grey on the top layers and brown on the bottom, some people pay $$$ to get two-toned hair. She said, yeah Mom, but the lighter color isn't grey. :lmao:

Lost Your Car Keys

Lately? After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down." They weren't in my pockets.
Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right.
The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that
it had been stolen.
Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband: "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."
There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice. "Are you kidding me?" he barked,
"I dropped you off!"
Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."
He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"
Welcome to the golden years..............

I got the results for 2012 when I first clicked on the site.

I thought maybe there was no one here anymore.

I don't get in often. I usually just look for new topics in the forum and write on the little box.

/What is this thing on the left of this box.

Hope everyone is doing well and being well.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Sue, thanks for the story. I swear that sounds like something I would do! LOL!

All this talk about letting the hair go natural is making me want to do it. I wonder if the bare spots will be more noticeable, though!

Getting old is not for the faint of heart!

Suzie

Funny stuff here gals! So true too!

Here is my hair story. I have never colored my hair because I got my father's hair, no grey for him. He died at 69 years of age and I am now 70 and now I have grey above my forehead only. I guess 70 is the age of greying in my father's line. Since it is isolated I thought I would just have to touch up that area. My husband said I shouldn't because he likes it against my dark brown hair. I started to think, do I want yet again another personal upkeep chore? Here's a picture, taken last November, for you to decide for me. Cover it up or leave it? The grey in this picture is a little messy since I was playing with my granddaughter but you see what I am talking about here. I personally think that at 70 I should just go with the flow of age.

th_EmmaampKathy.jpeg

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, you look at least 20 years younger than you! I vote with your hubby...leave it....you're gorgeous just the way you are (and da*m lucky too for your great genes)...

hugs,

Sue

Kathy - you are just gorgeous the way you are! I have to agree with Irish you sure look much yaounger than your years.

Here is a picture of my natural hair color - my mother was a strawberry blonde, my Dad had black hair, my 2 brothers are really blonde and my sister some where in between. I have the darkest hair color in the family and I don't know what you would call it. I have too much grey at the temples so I don't know if I have the guts to let it grow out. Any suggestions?
Hugs, Lu

th_my20pictures20060_zpsywwonwzj.jpg

:omg2: Kathy!!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!!! I would have NEVER guessed you were anywhere close to your age!!!!

I say----do whatever you want with your hair.....when you look that good, you can pull anything off... :bow2:

:)

Diana

I say leave it, Kathy. You look great as you are.

Hugs

Bonnie

Diana - are you able to access GALS the normal way? I am unable to again. Back to going to my Bookmarks or googling Gals. Life is tough, sometimes.

Hugs

Bonnie

Diana - are you able to access GALS the normal way? I am unable to again. Back to going to my Bookmarks or googling Gals. Life is tough, sometimes.

Hugs

Bonnie

Yes...I can get to forum the way I've always done, just can't get to the home (main) page...

Diana

Kathy - you are just gorgeous the way you are! I have to agree with Irish you sure look much yaounger than your years.

Here is a picture of my natural hair color - my mother was a strawberry blonde, my Dad had black hair, my 2 brothers are really blonde and my sister some where in between. I have the darkest hair color in the family and I don't know what you would call it. I have too much grey at the temples so I don't know if I have the guts to let it grow out. Any suggestions?

Hugs, Lu

Hi lu, I think you look good the way it is. I think it's a very personal choice to dye or not to dye! I stopped a few years ago and I think probably I look older - but I am older.

Hugs

Bonnie

Hugs, Lu

Lu, that is such a cute pic of you and Michele! I never would have thought your hair would have been that dark. It is as dark as mine. My hubby says that grey mixed with dark hair is very attractive because of the contrast. If you only have grey at the temples it would be interesting to see how it would look if you went natural. Since your hair is short is wouldn't take long to find out. Up to you though. We all should do what makes us happy.

Thanks gals for your compliments. I may not look 70 but at times I feel every day of those 70 years. :rotflmao: I think I will let things go for now and see what time brings.

~HUGS~ Kathy