Gerard Butler GALS
irish

Gerry's Golden Girls

I say leave it alone, Kathy. You look great! I started coloring my hair back in my 40s because I was having a lot of gray come in but it was unevenly distributed. The right side was heavily gray, with little or no gray anywhere else. I didn't want to look like Cruella DeVille. Now, looking at my roots, instead of mostly black, they're mostly gray. I really want to see what color my hair is now. If I don't like it, I won't hesitate to color it again.

My mother had beautiful silver hair. We called her the silver haired fox. When I saw some white hairs showing up I started to wish I had my mother's hair instead of my father's. A little gray or a mixed bag of gray makes one have to decide whether to keep it as is or color it. That is why it is all up to the individual on what they want to do. Time will tell what I end up doing.

BTW, my mother colored her hair when it started to gray in her 40's and then one day she decided to see what her real hair looked like and she let it grow out. It turned out to be beautiful silver hair all over. She kept it and saved a fortune in dyeing costs.

~HUGS~ Kathy

That happened to my mother's stepmother as well. She had colored her hair for so many years she said she didn't remember what her natural color was! :lol:

When she decided to stop coloring it, it was a gorgeous silver. Rather than make her look old, it made her look elegant. I'm hoping for similar results. :p

I'm still hoping one of these days for mine to turn a gorgeous vibrant silver, like my grandmother had....ain't happened yet! oh well, I did have a girlfriend who came down to visit from Redding who I hadn't seen since I moved over 3 1/2 years ago. She asked who was frosting my hair because she loved it....said it looked so natural. I told her God was the only one coloring my hair these days...lol.

Lu, if I had as much hair as you do I wouldn't care what color it is.

Lu, if I had as much hair as you do I wouldn't care what color it is.

AMEN!

Hi gals I feel in very familiar territory reading this post, in my youth my hair was very blonde but then it started getting darker and I started colouring, which I did for years, until about 2 years ago and I decided like you all that enough was enough and I stopped, I think it still has a slight blonde in it but most people say it is white and they wish they had it. Comes to us all I guess.

Hugs

June

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just too tired to bounce it.

Just sayin'.......

Bonnie

Oh Bonnie, you are so right! Sometimes I feel like the ball just rolled away and I don't care!

Then I think about my GALfriends and I'm OK.

Hugs,

Suzie

Oh Bonnie, you are so right! Sometimes I feel like the ball just rolled away and I don't care!

Then I think about my GALfriends and I'm OK.

Hugs,

Suzie

Love your siggy, Suzie.......dreamy pic of a dreamy guy!

Hugs

Bonnie

Three ladies in a Sauna...

THREE WOMEN, TWO YOUNGER AND ONE SENIOR CITIZEN,
WERE SITTING NAKED IN A SAUNA.

SUDDENLY THERE WAS A BEEPING SOUND.

THE YOUNG WOMAN PRESSED HER FOREARM AND

THE BEEP STOPPED.

THE OTHERS LOOKED AT HER

QUESTIONINGLY. 'THAT WAS MY

PAGER,' SHE SAID. I HAVE A

MICROCHIP UNDER THE SKIN OF MY ARM.

A FEW MINUTES LATER, A PHONE RANG.

THE SECOND YOUNG WOMAN LIFTED HER PALM

TO HER EAR.

WHEN SHE FINISHED, SHE EXPLAINED,

'THAT WAS MY MOBILE PHONE. I HAVE A

MICROCHIP IN MY HAND.'

THE OLDER WOMAN FELT VERY LOW -TECH.

NOT TO BE OUT DONE, SHE DECIDED SHE HAD

TO DO SOMETHING JUST

AS IMPRESSIVE. SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE

SAUNA AND WENT TO THE BATHROOM

SHE RETURNED WITH A PIECE OF TOILET

PAPER HANGING FROM HER REAR END.

THE OTHERS RAISED THEIR EYEBROWS AND

STARED AT HER

WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT ......
I'M GETTING A FAX!!
When you stop laughing, send this to those who will appreciate it.
Gotta love the old gals !!

OMG Barb, that was hysterical!! Thanks for the grins!!

Suzie

That was a new one on me, Barbara. I laughed out loud over that one!!! GOOD ONE!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

LOL...I've heard it before but it never ceases to crack me up!!!

Ramblings of a Retired Mind...
I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse. I can't afford one. So I'm wearing my garage door opener.
I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just too tired to bounce it.
When people see a cat's litter box they always say, 'Oh, have you got a cat?' Just once I want to say, 'No, it's for company!'
Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write, 'An ambulance .'
The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.
Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth think of Algebra.
You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

GOD's answer to Seniors exercise

And God Looked Down Upon Seniors:

Most seniors never get enough exercise. So, in His wisdom, God decreed seniors would become forgetful so they would have to search for their glasses, keys and other misplaced items and move around more. And God looked down and saw this was good.

Then God saw there was yet another need. So God, in His wisdom, made seniors lose coordination so they would drop things, which would require them to bend and reach and stretch. And God looked down and saw this was good.

Then God considered the functioning of senior bladders and decided, in His wisdom, there should be calls of nature more frequently, requiring more walking to the relief station, which would burn calories. And God looked down and saw this was good.

Seniors were obliged to exercise more from these senior shortcomings and, as a result, did become more active. So if you find you are required to get up and down more as you age, remember it is God's will and in your best interest, even though you mutter under your breath.

Amen!

I'll try and not complain so much anymore...now that I know it was all in God's plan for me! :p

Oh, Sue, that was funny and Sooo true!!! LOL!

Suzie - that's great - love to read things about "us" seniors. We are awesome!!

Today 52 years ago I married my best friend, soul mate, and the love of my life. When the Lord called him home I was devastated. He was my everything and still to this day miss & cherish him. For those "seniors" of you that have experience this you know what I mean and what I feel. I just wanted you to know I said a special prayer today for all the widows and to those who are still lucky to have their hubby I said one for you too. So treasures them dear friends, they are irreplaceable.

Love to my Gals, Barbara

Edited by lugerry

Well said Barbara... it never gets easier does it? hugs to you dear friend.

Sue, you made my day with your postings. The first one was right on!!!! Or so we used to say back in the Dark Ages!

The second one gives me hope because now I know God is watching out for us Seniors and keeping us active for a reason. I'd say, Bless His heart but He is the one that gives Blessings. I'll think of Him every time I drop something or can't find something.

Lu, Happy Anniversary my dear friend. Tony was a special guy and as I hear more and more about how well he took care of you I can understand how much you miss him. He will always be with you in your heart until you meet again, and you will.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Selecting a Swim Suit! Anyone have this problem?

When I was a child in the 1950s, the bathing suit for the mature figure
was-boned, trussed and reinforced, not so much sewn as engineered.
They were built to hold back and uplift, and they did a good job.

Today's stretch fabrics are designed for the prepubescent girl with a
figure carved from a potato chip.

The mature woman has a choice, she can either go up front to the maternity
department and try on a floral suit with a skirt, coming away looking like
a hippopotamus that escaped from Disney's Fantasia, or she can wander
around every run-of-the-mill department store trying to make a sensible
choice from what amounts to a designer range of fluorescent rubber bands.

What choice did I have? I wandered around, made my sensible choice and
entered the chamber of horrors known as the fitting room.
The first thing I noticed was the extraordinary tensile strength of the
stretch material.
The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe, by NASA to
launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added bonus that if
you manage to actually lever yourself into one, you would be protected
from shark attacks.
Any shark taking a swipe at your passing midriff would immediately suffer
whiplash.

I fought my way into the bathing suit, but as I twanged the shoulder strap
in place I gasped in horror, my boobs had disappeared!

Eventually, I found one boob cowering under my left armpit.
It took a while to find the other.
At last I located it flattened beside my seventh rib.

The problem is that modern bathing suits have no bra cups.
The mature woman is now meant to wear her boobs spread across her chest
like a speed bump.
I realigned my speed bump and lurched toward the mirror to take a full view
assessment.

The bathing suit fit all right, but unfortunately it only fitted those bits
of me willing to stay inside it.
The rest of me oozed out rebelliously from top, bottom and sides.
I looked like a lump of Playdoh wearing undersized cling wrap.

As I tried to work out where all those extra bits had come from, the
prepubescent sales girl popped her head through the curtain, "Oh, there you
are," she said, admiring the bathing suit.

I replied that I wasn't so sure and asked what else she had to show me.
I tried on a cream crinkled one that made me look like a lump of masking
tape, and a floral two-piece that gave the appearance of an oversized
napkin in a serving ring.

I struggled into a pair of leopard-skin bathers with ragged frills and came
out looking like Tarzan's Jane, pregnant with triplets and having a rough
day.

I tried on a black number with a midriff fringe and looked like a jellyfish
in mourning.

I tried on a bright pink pair with such a high cut leg I thought I would
have to wax my eyebrows to wear them.

Finally, I found a suit that fit, it was a two-piece affair with a
shorts-style bottom and a loose blouse-type top. It was cheap, comfortable,
and bulge-friendly, so I bought it.
My ridiculous search had a successful outcome, I figured.

When I got it home, I found a label that read, "Material might become
transparent in water."

So, if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this
year and I'm there too, I'll be the one in cut-off jeans and a T-shirt!

You'd better be laughing or rolling on the floor by this time.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain,
with or without a stylish bathing suit

OMG, this is so true! :funnyup: I am terrified about having to buy a new suit because last year's shrank on the hanger! I may just settle for the maternity suit with the skirt!

LOL! :p

Suzie

I recently cleaned out and organized several chests of drawers and found that I have a ton of swimsuits ranging from size 10 to 16. At some point, closer to Vegas time, I'll try them all on. Hopefully, something will look good!

I wish I had my old bathing suits. They would fit better than today's suits. The problem is most clothes, incuding bathing suits, are made in China, Japan or some island somewhere. The designers think American women are built like their women, SMALL in the chest. American women need more control and support than the tiny chested women where these suits are made. They give you less and charge you outrageous prices for their inferior suits.

Lu, what you wrote had me laughing outloud though. It was so my experiences.

~HUGS~ Kathy

WHILE ON A ROAD TRIP, AN ELDERLY COUPLE, STOPPED AT PIZZA HUT FOR LUNCH.

AFTER FINISHING THEIR MEAL, THEY​ LEFT THE RESTAURANT, AND RESUMED THEIR TRIP TO PHOENIX.

WHEN​ LEAVING, THE ELDERLY WOMAN UNKNOWINGLY LEFT HER GLASSES ON THE TABLE, AND SHE DIDN'T MISS THEM UNTIL THEY HAD BEEN DRIVING FOR ABOUT FORTY MINUTES.

BY THEN, TO ADD TO THE AGGRAVATION, THEY HAD TO​ TRAVEL QUITE A DISTANCE BEFORE THEY COULD FIND A PLACE TO TURN AROUND, IN ORDER TO RETURN TO THE RESTAURANT TO RETRIEVE HER GLASSES.

ALL THE​ ​WAY BACK, THE ELDERLY HUSBAND BECAME THE CLASSIC GROUCHY OLD MAN. HE FUSSED AND COMPLAINED,AND SCOLDED HIS WIFE RELENTLESSLY DURING THE ENTIRE RETURN DRIVE. THE MORE HE CHIDED HER, THE MORE AGITATED HE BECAME. HE JUST WOULDN'T LET UP FOR A SINGLE MINUTE.

TO HER RELIEF, THEY FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE RESTAURANT. AS THE WOMAN GOT OUT OF THE CAR, AND HURRIED INSIDE TO RETRIEVE HER GLASSES,

THE OLD GEEZER YELLED TO HER "WHILE YOU'RE IN THERE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET MY HAT AND THE CREDIT CARD."

Isn't old age grand??

Suzie

--

Verified by VIPRE Antivirus

LOL...love it Suzie!

THANKS SUZIE!!! That just cracked me up!!!!!!! All married women should laugh at that one!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy