Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

Playing For Keeps Official Site, links

Posted Image

Official Synopsis:

Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Dennis Quaid star in “Playing For Keeps,” a romantic comedy about a charming, down-on-his luck former soccer star (Butler) who returns home to put his life back together. Looking for a way to rebuild his relationship with his son, he gets roped into coaching the boy’s soccer team. But his attempts to finally become an “adult” are met with hilarious challenges from the attractive “soccer moms” who pursue him at every turn.

"Playing For Keeps" is directed by Gabriele Mucino, the director of "The Pursuit of Happyness."

New FB page HERE

Twitter page HERE

Official Site:

Posted Image

http://www.playingforkeepsmovie.com/

Trailer courtesy of Access Hollywood

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1775539211001&playerID=1490276379001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABAY6g5IE~,g0_gr83Y4h2gsONEuiYgmhMw_6Z52KwP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1775539211001&playerID=1490276379001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABAY6g5IE~,g0_gr83Y4h2gsONEuiYgmhMw_6Z52KwP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Gallery

Playing For Keeps Index of Items posted on Forum

:kiss::wave:

Now Becozy, this movie sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing this one when it comes out on DVD...Cant go into movie theaters because of chemo treatment...I am doing fine now, but picked up pnamonia and infected colon And spet l8 days in hospital. I am doing fine now and drinking lots of ENSURE juice which has tons of vitamins, etc. Gained back l0 lbs that I lost...all is going to go well, I feel it in my bones....I start new chemo October l7, hopeing for good results...take care all of your wonderful people...who are so thoughtful to we that come in every so often...Happy Halloween coming up...My birthday and looking forward to seeing new movies of Gerry B. who always cheers us up..

:tantrum::kiss::bonk::kiss:

Donna Jean and George and clan

Looks like a cute movie...Love to watch GB do movies like this and Ugly Truth types of DVDs etc. It fun to watch something that isn't talking about politics for a change...Looking foward to seeing this one...Donna Jean and George and clan thanks for information...

Donna Jean,

So that's where my 10 lbs went! I got plenty more for you! No, but seriously, Good Luck to you as you begin Chemo again. Glad you are feeling better from your recent hospitalization.

You will enjoy Playing for Keeps. Thank goodness DVDs come out sooner than they used to! I got to see it at an advanced screening and it was fun.

I see you enjoy The Ugly Truth too! It's one of my favorites! I'll be anxious to have Playing for Keeps in DVD too and see which one gets put in the DVD player more as I enjoyed them both.

Hugs,

Sharon

:kiss::wave:

Now Becozy, this movie sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing this one when it comes out on DVD...Cant go into movie theaters because of chemo treatment...I am doing fine now, but picked up pnamonia and infected colon And spet l8 days in hospital. I am doing fine now and drinking lots of ENSURE juice which has tons of vitamins, etc. Gained back l0 lbs that I lost...all is going to go well, I feel it in my bones....I start new chemo October l7, hopeing for good results...take care all of your wonderful people...who are so thoughtful to we that come in every so often...Happy Halloween coming up...My birthday and looking forward to seeing new movies of Gerry B. who always cheers us up..

:tantrum::kiss::bonk::kiss:

Donna Jean and George and clan

Looks like a cute movie...Love to watch GB do movies like this and Ugly Truth types of DVDs etc. It fun to watch something that isn't talking about politics for a change...Looking foward to seeing this one...Donna Jean and George and clan thanks for information...

:wave: Donna Jean!

I think you will love Playing for Keeps...its warm and fun!

I'll be thinking of you and I hope you fare well during your next round of chemo.

It's always lovely to see you posting! Warm wishes to you and yours.

Best,

Barb

So wonderful to have two of Gerry's movies so close together.

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan - i have just literally come back from watching this film and i found it was a lovely feel good laidback film. gbutt was exceptional on the emotional side and had me welling up occasionally, as he is so good at that side of acting. i would honestly say it was no blockbuster or performance award winning film, but then we knew that, as gbutt likes to do a film with no stress after a couple of demanding roles like coriolanus/machine gun preacher, just something light, which this is. i know it is close to gerrys heart as he grew up not knowing his father and i think his performance in this shows it. i would say it was on the lines of dear frankie.

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan - i have just literally come back from watching this film and i found it was a lovely feel good laidback film. gbutt was exceptional on the emotional side and had me welling up occasionally, as he is so good at that side of acting. i would honestly say it was no blockbuster or performance award winning film, but then we knew that, as gbutt likes to do a film with no stress after a couple of demanding roles like coriolanus/machine gun preacher, just something light, which this is. i know it is close to gerrys heart as he grew up not knowing his father and i think his performance in this shows it. i would say it was on the lines of dear frankie.

its sue again - i am just getting fed up with critics, male ones, who expect gbutt just to star in big manly roles and not to do anything else different, and put him down for trying other genres. not every film has to be a huge blockbuster mind blowing event, which makes a heap of money at the box office,some of us like to see him in his versatile roles, musicals, comedies, romcoms, thrillers etc. he does them all. i think the only genre i havent seen gerry in is a western, correct me if i am wrong. in fact, it makes me crazy when you see some actors always doing the same types of films. it so predictable. why cant actors just star in what they want to do for whatever reasons the films appeal to them without being put down by the critics. i dont personally take any notice of them normally and it doesnt make me watch or not watch a film, depending on their comments, as they are just a few people, and we all have our own tastes. i just go to what i think i will enjoy. it would be nice to hear what other gerry fans think. im sure im not the only one with these views.

The critics can say all sorts of stupid things - personally I have tried to stay away from the critics ideas of what is a good movie or a talented actor.

One thing for sure Gerry is set for the rest of his career and can do whatever film he wants and not worry about box office. Once his films reached the gross earnings plateau of one billion dollars he joined an elite club. A club that will allow him to continue to pick the movies that appeal to him, produce if he wants, or even get into directing.

:pug:

Edited by Lady Ski Bum