Gerard Butler GALS

#GerardButler's #ChasingMavericks Fall Movie peek

in Entertainment Weekly, August 10th issue, on newstands now!

Posted ImagePosted Image

(Fall Movie Preview Double Issue #1220/1221 August 17/24, 2012)

Gerard Butler wasn't an expert surfer when he agreed to play Frosty Hesson, the mentor of late surfing icon Jay Moriarity (Jonny Weston), in an inspirational 1990s-set biopic. ''I'd only surfed two or three times before,'' says the Scottish star of 300 and The Ugly Truth. But Butler quickly found a passion for riding the waves — even after a horrific wipeout during shooting landed him in the hospital (he was released after spending a night under observation). ''I wanted to go right back out there,'' he says. ''I think I was in shock. Looking back now, I'd be a little less gung ho. (On-line here)

?? I only saw the Dec. 7 listing for Playing for Keeps, not an article. There was an article 'First Look' in EW last Friday however...

if I missed something please let me know and I'll scan it! :ty:

• 3 weeks later...

in Entertainment Weekly, August 10th issue, on newstands now!

Posted ImagePosted Image

(Fall Movie Preview Double Issue #1220/1221 August 17/24, 2012)

Gerard Butler wasn't an expert surfer when he agreed to play Frosty Hesson, the mentor of late surfing icon Jay Moriarity (Jonny Weston), in an inspirational 1990s-set biopic. ''I'd only surfed two or three times before,'' says the Scottish star of 300 and The Ugly Truth. But Butler quickly found a passion for riding the waves — even after a horrific wipeout during shooting landed him in the hospital (he was released after spending a night under observation). ''I wanted to go right back out there,'' he says. ''I think I was in shock. Looking back now, I'd be a little less gung ho. (On-line here

Waiting, waiting, waiting for anything of Gerry Butler's to come out...Last thing I bought for us and family was Corliolanus and Machine Gun Preacer....so anxious ot see something that he is playing in. Where has he been...no sign of him anywhere anymore....Anyway, wish him tons of good luck with new movies and can hardly wait to buy them and give them as gifts..to family and friends...

Sorry, I think I wrote my response in the wrong section. Anyway, am waiting, waiting waiting so anxiously to see something that Gerry Butler has made...I will buy for family and friends when the movies come out. Because I have cancer still, not allowed to go where big crowds are, so have to wait until they come out on DVDs, but that's OK, just want to enjoy his great movies...they are always fun and do well with his faithful fans. Have enjoyed Gerry since my hubby took me to see Phantom of the Opera years ago....Have seen every movie he ever made and all of them are GREATTTTT...he is a terrific actor and personality and deserves loads of success. This time I think I placed this note in the right place...Thank God for IRISH who made my signature and avatars...Loved that movie and watch it at home every so often with my hubby George, who also enjoys all of GB's movies...lucky for me :tantrum:

hugs, Bonnie Donna Jean and George and clan