Gerard Butler GALS
irish

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hi Gals. Are you there (here), Kathy? Drove up to Estes Park yesterday - just to drive up and check it out. My stepson, wife and 17YO daughter here from Scotland and he always loves the mountains and Colorado. Saw lots of deer and elk - all over the place. We all got very excited like it was our first sighting of either or both. It's always that way.

It's snowing - started snowing while we were having dinner at Olive Garden in Ft. Collins and we got a decent amount of snow this time. Still snowing a tiny wee bit. This one should help the drought a little. Very cold.

They all left this morning - going back to Scotland. Seems very, very far away.

Happy a happy, Gals...

BonnieBJ

Bonnie...Thanks for the news. I hope it snowed good in Estes. Always welcome news! I'll bet the elk looked motley in their winter coat. In the Spring they are gorgeous again when they shed the heavy coat. Amazing how shiny their coat is then. I know what you mean about the elk and deer being everywhere. They tie up a lot of traffic since they move so slowly going across the streets.

How lucky is your family to be living in Scotland. I hope they had some good weather while here. Been to that Olive Garden in Ft. Collins....YUMMY!!!

Went to Disney World yesterday and it was very warm. What a contrast since a few days ago it was cold here. I actually got too warm. I like it in the 70's not the 80's.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hello everybody. Remember me? :unsure: Long time no hear from moi I know. Whew, it feels like forever. I need to get back to spending my down time catching up w/everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying themselves and all is well. 4 inches of snow here in ole Chicago (suburbs). But, the roads are surprisingly good. Did I spell that right? lol. Anyhoo, I just wanted to come in and say hey and I will be back. Take care you guys!

Cassie

Caution: Vent coming!

I'd like to know why this county has to keep calling me up for Jury Duty! Over and over and over again! I just had jury duty downtown at the County Courthouse 18 months ago. Now, I've been summoned for a rinky dink little Justice of the Peace court! And, they had to nerve to set for 8:15 am on a Wednesday, which is Suzie's and my GERRY DAY! I know people who have lived here for 40 years and have never received even ONE jury summons. Posted Image And, there won't be anyone who even remotely resembles Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ok, I feel better....sorta...I guess it could be worse. I'm afraid to ask for a re-schedule, they would probably summon me for Vegas time. Posted Image

Elissa,

I've only been called to Jury duty once in my life and it was beyond dull. I was the first one called to line up for their case out of what 300 people that day and by the end of the day I wasn't acknowledged at all and was sent home. I think they were trying to teach me a lesson. You get that questionaire or whatever it's to answer prior to them asking for your attendance and I wasn't so kind on it. I said that I'm not intersted in hearing a case, I'm too busy, If you call me I'll go along w/everyone else and not pay attention, etc... I mean basically I answered like a child so they wouldn't call me to attend. Well sure enough they did and as stated I was called first and ignored the rest. Good luck! Do your duty proud.

Cassie

Bonnie and Kathy, one of these days, I hope to visit Colorado. My sister and her family have been there many times and they love it. They used to go snowboarding every January before their kids came along. They now go less frequently, but they always tell us we should go. I wouldn't want to try skiing or snowboarding, but I'd love to hang out in the ski lodge in front of the fire with a cup of Irish coffee. Posted Image

Kathy, I love Disney World! Only been there twice, but I'd love to go again before I get too old to get on the rides. Posted Image

Cassie! Good to see you! I know what you mean about that juror questionnaire. One of the questions here is if you have relatives who are police officers. I have two cousins who are, but not in this city, so I always answer "yes." Maybe that's why I've never been chosen for a criminal case, just civil ones. I ended up taking an exemption from jury service this time since I had jury duty less than two years ago. One of my co-workers loves jury duty. She's always disappointed when she goes and doesn't get on a case. I told her she can go in my place any time! Posted Image

Went to Disney World yesterday and it was very warm. What a contrast since a few days ago it was cold here. I actually got too warm. I like it in the 70's not the 80's.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Very jealous. I don't go till June. I go every year. Love it!!!

Hey Cassie! I lived in Chicago for the first 32 years of my life. It is a beautiful city. Love the museums!

I was at Magic Kingdom last night until 11:00 PM. It was warm and never had to put a jacket on. We just walked on rides at night, no waits. This is a good time of the year to visit Disney World. Next month things will change because of Spring break. The new area in Fantasyland that partially opened up this year is fabulous. Yet to open is a huge roller coaster in the new Snow White area. They also have an amazing new lazar show on the castle after the fireworks. I do feel guilty though because my son in Iowa has not made it to work yet this morning because of the snow. Wish I could send our temps his way.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Had to come back here to add that I just saw the trailer for OHF on TV. YIPPEE!!

Edited by Forbes girl

Oh gods, I haven't been to Disney in waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, like 27 years too long. I keep wanting to take my son, but he informed me he's not interested, he'd rather go with me the next time I go to Vegas! I'm gonna have to find kid friendly stuff for him to do. LOL

In other news, I have a job!!!! Okay, it's only a contract gig, and it pays yotz, but it's a job with a neighboring county. Government gigs are good, so I'm told. I start 3/11. I'm trying to take it in stride and let the powers that be guide my life instead of me trying to swim upstream in a frozen river.

Loves to the GALS!

Amy

Cassie, you must have felt me talking about you. I just started a new "wee ones' thread and posted pictures from the past of our kids and grandkids and I mentioned that we needed new pictures from you. I bet Cullen and Isabelle have grown so big!! It's good to see you here!

To all my sisters and galfriends.....Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Umm...did Photobucket take a nose dive? Anyone else having issues getting in?

Amy

Umm...did Photobucket take a nose dive? Anyone else having issues getting in?

Amy

I just tried and got into Photobucket without any problem, but may I say, the new Photobucket really sucks! Posted Image

Nevermind. Stewie was being cranky and wanted a reboot. All is well.

Movie chat!

Hello Gals..............we have snow in Colorado............supposed to be lotsa' snow - got my fingers crossed.

Happy Sunday to yawl!

BonnieBJ

Hello Gals..............we have snow in Colorado............supposed to be lotsa' snow - got my fingers crossed.

Happy Sunday to yawl!

BonnieBJ

:woohoo::awesome: The more snow the better for Colorado. I don't want another fire season that lasts from Spring to the Fall. In fact, when we left in January a fire was still burning in Rocky Mountain National Park. So not fun!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Edited by Forbes girl

Hi Kathy - we're getting a big snow. It's been snowing since I looked out this morning at 5:30..........beautiful snow. Also, it's windy - and the snow is blowing - but still accumulating. Yay - we have snow - as in Colorado snow.

BonnieBJ

Hi Kathy - we're getting a big snow. It's been snowing since I looked out this morning at 5:30..........beautiful snow. Also, it's windy - and the snow is blowing - but still accumulating. Yay - we have snow - as in Colorado snow.

BonnieBJ

It's 59 outside at the moment...once again, I have missed winter. Send me some snow please! LOL

For anyone wondering why I'm forever wanting snow, I grew up here in NC. We don't get snow. We get flakes and ice. The last time I saw a white Christmas was 1989 and even then it wasn't even a foot. Of course, if we got real snow, the entire state would shut down!

Can't decide if I'm gonna watch the Oscars or have a marathon movie night. I scored a copy of 300 and Beowulf and Grendel on DVD at the used book mecca. Tried to find Rocknrolla, but sales dude 1) hadn't heard of it and 2) wasn't sure if it was in drama or comedy. Maybe it's time to catch up on RuPaul's Drag Race.

Werk!

Amy

Where do I post this? Just saw a notice at GB.Net that CM will be available on DVD tomorrow - the 26th? Is this for real??? I thought it was the 28th..........anyone know anything?

BonnieBJ

P.S. Sun is shining brightly - sky is clear blue - it is warm - snow is melting (into the ground to water the parched grass and shrubs) and the streets are clear and dry. And we got 8-12 inches of snow yesterday! Must be a Colorado snow.

Bonnie, Amazon says CM is being released tomorrow. I pre-ordered mine, and I've gotten a shipping notice from Amazon.

It is really windy here today! Some power lines have been blown down are there are people all over town with no electricity. We still have power here, knock on wood, but I'm sitting here listening to lots of sirens.

Well, I just found out what the sirens are all about. There's a 2-alarm fire at an apartment building not far from here. If it's the complex I'm thinking of, I lived in those apartments before I got married. I hope everyone is ok.

Turns out, it's not the complex I lived in. We're getting lots of thick smoke here, fanned by the high wind. Sure hope they get that fire out soon before it spreads to any other units or buildings. Just heard more sirens headed that way.

Edited by Lady Elissa

Bonnie...8-12 inches of snow is good! But,as you know, the problem with Colorado snow is that it melts too fast. Too fast because it doesn't stick around long enough to water the plants and trees. I hope Estes got it. It is well known that during the winter the snow goes to Loveland and Ft. Collins and in the Spring (April) it drops in Estes Park, just in time for our return to Estes. So we never get completely away from winter.

I ordered CM and PFK on Amazon so now I have to wait until PFK is out in March to get delivery of both. Not a long wait but it is still frustrating to wait at all.

It is 80 degrees here. BUT, I heard that a cold spell is on the way by this week-end. I could use some cooler temps.

Amy...My vote would be to watch Beowulf. But then again you know how I feel about that man! :wowza:

Elissa...Apartment fires can be so devastating. So many families involved. Keep us posted!

~HUGS~ Kathy

The fire department was able to put out the apartment complex fire, but one building in the complex was destroyed. The residents of that building lost all their belongings. No one was hurt, but one family was unable to rescue their dog from their apartment. I feel so sorry for them.

The fire department was able to put out the apartment complex fire, but one building in the complex was destroyed. The residents of that building lost all their belongings. No one was hurt, but one family was unable to rescue their dog from their apartment. I feel so sorry for them.

What a shame! I can't imagine losing everything including a beloved dog. I saw this so much last summer in Colorado, people's home gone, all of their belongings, people perished and in some cases pets died. So much sorrow. Makes one feel blessed that their family members are well and their home is in tact. I'll say a prayer for those who lost everything. Very sad.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh, that is so sad. What a terrible experience. Can't imagine the feelings of despair.

BonnieBJ

Though I feel for anyone who looses a pet in a fire, there is NO excuse for it if everyone is there getting out when the fire breaks out. You grab the pets! They are a part of the family and you wouldn't leave a child behind either. I get so upset when I see animals in flooded areas on roofs that have been just left behind after evacuations. No excuse IMO.

Anyway, it's snowing like gang busters here today and there is no excuse for that either other then the much needed moisture it brings. The snows here in the midwest are very wet and heavy compared with the ones we experienced in Colorado. I can remember just pushing four feet of powder off our decks in the mountains when we lived there. I tried to shovel some off the deck here to get to the bird feeders and it was a chore just getting through about 18 inches!

Delene

I hate when the weather is this dry and the winds so high. The red flag fire/high wind warnings for this area have finally expired today. Aside from the apartment building Elissa mentioned (which burned out 16 families) a second fire in another part of town destroyed five homes and killed a young mother and her 14 month old twins. So very sad. There were also a number of wildfires, and the smell of smoke still hangs heavy in the area.

Texas drought can last for years, this is the third in a row. As I did last year, I have a "go bag" packed with clothes, my good jewelry and a (very) small amount of cash already packed. I have designated which family photos must go and keep track of purse and cell phone in case of a quick getaway. Have one packed for the dog too. All the planning came in handy last year when my subdivision was evacuated because of a near-by grass fire. Thankfully, no homes were lost. Here in the Lone Star State, it's either drought or flood. But hey, we don't have state income tax, so it's all good!

Do y'all remember the mama goose who kept laying eggs in my flower bed? She has been gone for years, but apparently another relative found my flower bed too and has just laid a clutch of eggs. They are adorable when the babies hatch, but mama always leaves an awful mess! Oh well, I don't have the heart to run her off, so I guess I have to just deal. I will be buying cigars in about two months!

I Have yet another "bug" so am on the way to the doctor this afternoon. *sigh* I just want my energy back!

Hugs for all me girlies,

Suzie

WOW! I just spotted my name as celebrating my 6 year GALS Anniversary! To think I perused this site a year before I joined too. That's a long time to be in love with a guy I never met. LOL!

Reading all about fires and the horrible consequences from them brings back memories of last Spring through Fall in Colorado. I don't want a replay of that this year. Delene is right, Colorado snow is light and dry, which is not good for putting moisture into the soil. It melts too fast. In defense of the people who lost a pet, they may not have been home at the time of the fire and the pet was. That is how most pets die in fires. Suzie, you are one smart lady to be so prepared. People in our town were given 15 minutes in the middle of the night to evacuate and from what I heard from some of the people who had to evacuate they panicked when trying to think what to bring and what to leave. Best to be prepared ahead of time.

~HUGS~ Kathy

The snow on Sunday was very wet and heavy - and it snowed a few hours today - also wet and heavy. Maybe we'll luck out. It's supposed to snow some more - either later today or tomorrow....................well, we wanted snow.

BonnieBJ