Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

irish

The snow on Sunday was very wet and heavy - and it snowed a few hours today - also wet and heavy. Maybe we'll luck out. It's supposed to snow some more - either later today or tomorrow....................well, we wanted snow.

BonnieBJ

I hope the snow in Estes was wet and heavy but my experience with Estes snow is that it is much lighter than what you get in the flatlands. I can only remember one heavy snow in the 10 years we have lived there. I hope it comes this year. The fact it is snowing is a good sign though.

~HUGS~ Kathy

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gods help me....I'm going back to school to finish my undergrad. I found out I've been readmitted to WVU's online program. I start back in the summer.

I must be a masochist. Or a sadist. I forget which is which. Posted Image

Maybe a little of both??? lol. You sound like my niece...God love her....I don't know how she finds enough hours in the day. She's the director of women's health for Kaiser for two counties...she president of the board of directors for our local emergency center for domestic violence and sexual assault and she finishing up her masters. It makes me tired just thinking about it!! Good luck my dear.

Kathy, I'm praying that you and Bonnie and Leslie would be saved from all of the horrible fires you endured last year.

Suzie, Posted Image

hugs to all my sistars and galfriends!!!

love,

Sue

Hello m'dearies...I gotta brag on the Meester again. This came home in his Monday folder:

Posted Image

The child never ceases to amaze me.

Very artistic, especially beautiful when viewed bigger!

Hello m'dearies...I gotta brag on the Meester again. This came home in his Monday folder:

Posted Image

The child never ceases to amaze me.

Very artistic, especially beautiful when viewed bigger!

I have to agree. How old is he, Amy?

Sue... I hope the snow Colorado is getting will keep away the fires we had last summer. That was horrible!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Wow it's been a while since I've been here around you lovely, GALS. :( Life sort of threw me a few curve balls since the last time I was among you. My nephew, Carter, I'm not sure I mentioned, finally passed away April 15th 2011 (Wow, has it really been that long???) Personal dramas decided to then pile up on me and I sort of turned into this frolicking mass of crazy. I'm at the end of crawling out of it now, I think. It's just taken me a while and apparently my subconscious decided to go on a "me-time" break - which is something I don't do often. So the last few months have had me making a lot of plans and changes - moving overseas plans are underway...sort of.

I developed severe developed agoraphobia after the huge emotional derail of losing my fiance Chris and Carter within 14 months - so even seeing Gerry's movies have been next to impossible. Which makes me feel utterly amused right now with my next news - I'm trying to get a novel published. I'm sure the rest of you GALS catch the irony. ;) As well as that, I've become a peer support volunteer for people dealing with suicide, and losing a few friends to suicide in the last few months (one just a few days ago) left me sort of spaced and disorientated.

I've been meaning for the last few weeks to get back here and say how much I've missed this place, and now was just the time. Of course, now that I've finally gotten the opportunity to watch Chasing Mavericks and Playing For Keeps last night, might have been the kick in the pants motivation I needed too. I'm so so far behind it's beyond embarrassing. So please forgive me if I'm a little slow in what's been going on...I sort of slipped away from Gerry-focus for a little while. I've missed a lot.

Words cannot express how I feel about what you have been through... *hugs tightly* But if there is one thing I know about GALS it is that the warm embrace is there to meet you, - always! I'll add an oooold video to put those who want to in a mellow and relaxed mood and perhaps put a smile on your face?

Hugs all around from me

Melodie...I am glad you came back to us. We are always here for you. You certainly have been through a lot and my heart goes out to you. I hope coming back here is a sign you are ready to move on in your life. Life is so short that we all need to cherish every moment we have on this planet. We have also been blessed to get to know a wonderful Scottish man along the way and if he puts a smile on your face than he has done his job well. Smile on......

EM...Your videos are such a turn-on!! This one is especially beautiful! Keep them coming!

~HUGS~ Kathy

All videos are oooold, Kathy! LOL Perhaps I'll upload some other oldies to Youtube? ;)

Hugs from me, in Easter-mood as I round up different pressies for relatives

Posted Image

God påske means Happy Easter and I wish that for all of my gals + families!

And a certain someone + family as well! I'm not cheap... ;)

Edited by NordicGirl

Thank you GALS. :) I did receive a few smiles, and even a few giggles at your last post, Em. Looks like I'll have to remember names all over again. :p

I would have replied to the thread earlier. But had a lot of computer drama the last 3 days and had to buy an entirely new laptop...twice. But I got upgraded to Word 2013 CC(was previously using 2003) and Windows 8, so it's going smoothly now, and I can get back to my writing. Thank goodness I thought ahead this time and backed up all my files on an external weeks ago - in preparation for a crash. Looks like I did it all in time.

Em: Your family does pressies for Easter? I've never heard of that before. Chocolate is involved still though I hope? Lol.

Kathy: It really is good to be "home". I think my friends were becoming a little bored and scared of my rejuvenated Gerry flare-up, so I'm glad there's a place where I don't get amused eye-rolls but nods of agreement instead. Heh. I'm feeling in a much better place these days. Still struggling a bit of course, and this agoraphobia is a struggle (CBT sessions didn't work out too well) but slowly I think I'm getting my bearings back as the grief isn't so fresh.

So good to hear that you feel better about life and we sure understand occasional flare-ups when it comes to a certain someone... :hubba:

In Norway we are all about chickens, eggs, bunnies, sheep and candy for Easter ( and some of us celebrating WHY Easter is ) but there are a lot of birthdays in my family this month so that is why I'm sewing, wirewrapping, graphic-designing and making other types of gifts. Unfortunately my hands are no more willing to knit and/or crochet for hours but I still do at times! ;)

Hugs all around from me :)

Edited by NordicGirl

Melodie...Happy to hear you are moving on and getting back to life and Gerry. He has a way of helping us be the best we can be. I have a feeling I will be moving on to another laptop myself in the near future. I have my computer backed up for that day it decides to die. You are right, chocolate will always be a part of Easter. Because you mentioned learning names again EM is short for Eva Mari. She is from Norway and we shortened her name to EM. Aren't we lazy!

EM...LOVE LOVE your "egg" shaped matts. Gorgeous! I know what you mean about your hands keeping you from knitting and crocheting as much. I am in the same boat and I have a baby that I want to make things for. The hands just start hurting way too soon when I start crocheting.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy,

My CPA (finally got my tax stuff to him today) has a home in Estes and he said they have gotten about 1 inch of snow - I think he said Saturday or Sunday. Good news.

BonnieBJ

I'll take every inch of snow we can get! I'll be back April 3rd!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies, and any gents that may be lurking. Just stopped in to say that I hope you all had a nice Easter. Also, I'm happy to announce my geese couple are back on the pond! They've been hanging out there for a week or two now. I'm always amazed that the dogs about don't seem to bug them. Of course if you've ever seen an angry goose, they can hold their own.

I think the snows are finally gone here now. Hopefully so is the drought conditions that plagued the land around here for a while. Grass is greening up and trees are budding and spring is on it's way, so happy spring to everyone!

Delene

Delene, since you once lived in Colorado you will know how I felt yesterday coming back home to Estes Park, Colorado and being greeted by snow white mountains. It was a beautiful welcome home for us. Makes me wonder how I can leave every winter. The skies were blue and made the mountains seem larger blanketed in white. We have plenty of geese here. I never knew how testy they can be until I lived here. They are fighters especially around ducks. The ducks stay out of their way.

I was beginning to miss the wildlife around here while in Florida but last week hubby and I were driving out of our gated community that is one gated community of several. We turned the corner and out from the side of a bridge over a creek came an alligator. It was at least, if not more, ten feet long and very dark in color. It was definitely one you wouldn't want to get near. A real granddaddy. He took his sweet time slowly going across the street to the other side of the bridge. His tail went on forever. Hubby and I were in shock because we never would have dreamed we would see an alligator that big in a neighborhood 15 minutes away from Disney World. Needless to say, I am going to keep my granddaughters in the covered pool area of our home in the future. No yard playing when I am not around. I'll stick with my elk and deer here in Estes.

Good to be home again! It is not quite Spring here yet. The temps are good but it can snow in April in the mountains.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Delene, since you once lived in Colorado you will know how I felt yesterday coming back home to Estes Park, Colorado and being greeted by snow white mountains. It was a beautiful welcome home for us. Makes me wonder how I can leave every winter. The skies were blue and made the mountains seem larger blanketed in white. We have plenty of geese here. I never knew how testy they can be until I lived here. They are fighters especially around ducks. The ducks stay out of their way.

I was beginning to miss the wildlife around here while in Florida but last week hubby and I were driving out of our gated community that is one gated community of several. We turned the corner and out from the side of a bridge over a creek came an alligator. It was at least, if not more, ten feet long and very dark in color. It was definitely one you wouldn't want to get near. A real granddaddy. He took his sweet time slowly going across the street to the other side of the bridge. His tail went on forever. Hubby and I were in shock because we never would have dreamed we would see an alligator that big in a neighborhood 15 minutes away from Disney World. Needless to say, I am going to keep my granddaughters in the covered pool area of our home in the future. No yard playing when I am not around. I'll stick with my elk and deer here in Estes.

Good to be home again! It is not quite Spring here yet. The temps are good but it can snow in April in the mountains.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Yes I was in awe of those white mountains, especially living up with them for over two years! After coming home from visiting family in the low lands, I was always apprehensive of what awaited me when I got back up to 9200 feet! Really, it could be down right terrifying! One time I returned to three new feet of snow and no power! I slid all the way down the drive and couldn't get the garage door open because the power was out! Wind was blowing sustained 110 miles per hour (or so they reported the next day on the news) and I had a difficult time even walking in to my dark cold house! Fun times! I used to say that Colorado for all it's beautiful awesomeness, it can be just as ugly too and dangerous! After two winters up there, we moved down to the flat lands! There were many times I thought I was crazy for living up there, especially alone, during the winters. Everyone it seemed had gone by September but me!

That was a big alligator! Yikes! I guess there's no perfect utopia to live in, hungry mountain lions or hungry alligators abound! It's their ground and we just take up residence on it I guess. Just be the smart human and stay out their way!

Hugs, Delene

~HUGS~ Kathy

Yes I was in awe of those white mountains, especially living up with them for over two years! After coming home from visiting family in the low lands, I was always apprehensive of what awaited me when I got back up to 9200 feet! Really, it could be down right terrifying! One time I returned to three new feet of snow and no power! I slid all the way down the drive and couldn't get the garage door open because the power was out! Wind was blowing sustained 110 miles per hour (or so they reported the next day on the news) and I had a difficult time even walking in to my dark cold house! Fun times! I used to say that Colorado for all it's beautiful awesomeness, it can be just as ugly too and dangerous! After two winters up there, we moved down to the flat lands! There were many times I thought I was crazy for living up there, especially alone, during the winters. Everyone it seemed had gone by September but me!

That was a big alligator! Yikes! I guess there's no perfect utopia to live in, hungry mountain lions or hungry alligators abound! It's their ground and we just take up residence on it I guess. Just be the smart human and stay out their way!

Hugs, Delene

WOW, Delene! 9200 ft. is really high up there. How did you breath? I live at 7900 ft. and that is perfect. We live on the side of a mountain but close to the downtown of Estes Park so we don't feel remote. We sit above the town and have great views but have all of the conveniences of the town close by. The weather does change as you go higher up. We left the airport in Denver and there wasn't any snow until we got beyond Lyons close to Estes. It snowed in Estes Park but not below that so you have to be careful when traveling to the flatlands in the winter because it could be snowing in the mountains when you go back home. You know about that.

~HUGS~ Kathy

WOW, Delene! 9200 ft. is really high up there. How did you breath?

~HUGS~ Kathy

I used to walk up the road to the mailboxes, about a quarter of a mile total one way. Some panting was involved as my dog, Bo, leaped over rock outcroppings and cliffs with ease! But the trek home was all down hill! We lived on the downhill side facing Longs Peak. One hillside removed or my house one story higher and Denver would have been in full view and the value of our house doubled, I'm sure!

Anyway, I can remember driving up I-70 to the Evergreen exit and that's about where the snow would start falling and things getting treacherous and I knew at about 8000 feet, things were going to be rough going from there! So by the time I turned on to Squaw Pass and wound my way upwards past Elk Meadow and around the hairpin curves (eleven to be exact), the snow would deepen to barely visible car tracks cut in the snow, to where no cars had been, then the flakes would be so heavy visibility would be two feet in front of me and I put all my trust in the good Lord, Michelin and Chrysler to get me home safe! "Jeep don't fail me now"! I said that a lot!

Hugs,

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I used to walk up the road to the mailboxes, about a quarter of a mile total one way. Some panting was involved as my dog, Bo, leaped over rock outcroppings and cliffs with ease! But the trek home was all down hill! We lived on the downhill side facing Longs Peak. One hillside removed or my house one story higher and Denver would have been in full view and the value of our house doubled, I'm sure!

Anyway, I can remember driving up I-70 to the Evergreen exit and that's about where the snow would start falling and things getting treacherous and I knew at about 8000 feet, things were going to be rough going from there! So by the time I turned on to Squaw Pass and wound my way upwards past Elk Meadow and around the hairpin curves (eleven to be exact), the snow would deepen to barely visible car tracks cut in the snow, to where no cars had been, then the flakes would be so heavy visibility would be two feet in front of me and I put all my trust in the good Lord, Michelin and Chrysler to get me home safe! "Jeep don't fail me now"! I said that a lot!

Hugs,

Delene

Delene...I am looking at Longs Peak right now out my window. We see the diamond side of Longs. We see the Continental Divide out another window. Great views on a mountainside. I know the feeling walking uphill around here. Hubby loves it when he has to do some tree trimming on our property and has to walk down and back up all day. Two years ago on Dec. 23rd we picked up our two sons and D-I-L and one granddaughter at the Denver airport. It was snowing in Denver and one son's flight was delayed on arrival until 11:00PM, 7 hours late due to an ice storm in Chicago. It was the first time my granddaughter saw snow since they lived in Oklahoma at that time. We drove up to Estes Park with snow falling and by the time we got into the higher elevations the snowfall was over and we were driving on roads with no car tracks. Of course everyone thought it was beautiful with the sparkling snow showing up in the headlights. My D-I-L thought it felt like being on a sleigh ride in a remote area. I don't think hubby was too enamored about it since he had the responsibility of his whole family in his hands. I always laugh when people in the flatland's complain about driving in snow. They have no idea what it is like in the mountains. When we reached Estes we had to drive down a steep and long road into the valley of Estes. That is always a breath holding experience.

~HUGS~ Kathy