Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Well, we didn't make it to the movie. I had to take Lottie to the Animal Emergency Clinic with vomiting and diarrhea. They did blood work, a fecal smear, and gave her some fluids. Sent us home with oral antibiotics. This kind of thing always seems to happen after the regular vet's hours. She was fine yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH NO!! Elissa, I will be saying prayers for Lottie. Keep us posted on how she is doing!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh she's so tiny and so cute Elissa...and I know she couldn't be in any better hands my dear.

hugs,

Sue

I'm happy to say that Lottie has kept down her water, medicine and food tonight and has not had any more diarrhea. She's also very playful, so I think she's feeling much better. She already had an appointment scheduled with her regular vet on Monday. We'll keep that appointment for sure.

Hi Galfriends,

I did go on Saturday to see CHASING MAVERICKS early showing again (1:30 PM)! When I went in there were about 4 people my age already there. I proceeded to do my Goldilocks thing to find the best seat for my viewing. lol. Again on an eye level with the screen fits me best. The better to see Gerry with. Then I was so happy to see more and more people come in. A group of about 10 young boys ran up the steps, some young couples, a few loners like me and I counted up to 40 people in the theater.

Yes, I loved it more the 2nd time. I had more time to concentrate on Gerry's acting and not be distracted by the younger man (Jonny Weston). I think Gerry did a beautiful job underplaying the role of Frosty as the mentor. He could have been forceful in his role as he was playing against a charming very fit handsome young man in the role of Jay. He had a lot of baggage in his own life but he concentrated on helping young Jay. As ya'll know I usually can't cry due to my dry eye syndrome and various problems but I did tear up a little at some scenes. I was so happy for Frosty and Jay! I just let myself go with the flow and enjoy being at the movie.

Have you seen it yet?

Edited by Shamrocked

Hi Galfriends,

I did go on Saturday to see CHASING MAVERICKS early showing again (1:30 PM)! When I went in there were about 4 people my age already there. I proceeded to do my Goldilocks thing to find the best seat for my viewing. lol. Again on an eye level with the screen fits me best. The better to see Gerry with. Then I was so happy to see more and more people come in. A group of about 10 young boys ran up the steps, some young couples, a few loners like me and I counted up to 40 people in the theater.

Yes, I loved it more the 2nd time. I had more time to concentrate on Gerry's acting and not be distracted by the younger man (Jonny Weston). I think Gerry did a beautiful job underplaying the role of Frosty as the mentor. He could have been forceful in his role as he was playing against a charming very fit handsome young man in the role of Jay. He had a lot of baggage in his own life but he concentrated on helping young Jay. As ya'll know I usually can't cry due to my dry eye syndrome and various problems but I did tear up a little at some scenes. I was so happy for Frosty and Jay! I just let myself go with the flow and enjoy being at the movie.

Have you seen it yet?

Shamrock - bless you, child. You're my kinda' fan!

BlueJean

I loved it, too, Shamrocked! I went on the two Saturdays... took different groups of friends. Spent the first time looking at Santa Cruz (I was born down there) and adoring it .... so wonderful. And the theater rocked with the sound of the surf. Only looked away from all that to look at Gerry!

Second time actually paid attention - and liked it even more! I adored it!

Hope everyone is doing very well!

Remembering all our Vet's this weekend, as always ...

Jill

Posted Image everyone!

Unfortunately, I only got to see Chasing Mavericks once, but I really did enjoy it. Of course, I'm looking forward to buying the DVD and seeing Playing For Keeps next month.

My little Lottie was very ill last weekend and instead of going to see Chasing Mavericks again on Saturday, I spent the afternoon in the Animal Emergency Clinic. I'm happy to say she seems fully recovered from the infection she had. As I type this, she's playing with my one year old cat, Cheeto, who weighs 10 pounds. She's getting the better of him too! The dogs have already learned to give her a wide berth. She has claws and knows how to use them.Posted Image I'll try to get some good pictures of her to post later today.

Posted Image Good Morning to all of my GALFriends!

My friend Elissa I am soooo glad that Lottie is doing so much betterPosted Image That is just tooo cute that the dogs give her a wide berth already (our 5 month old baby controls the dogs too (he was just about 7 weeks old when we got him and our Great Pyrenees (all 90 + lbs or her :p) would walk on the other side of the room if they were walking in the same room...lol).

I was able to see CM 2 times (I'm reading Frosty's book now--its very good!)

Looking forward to PFK next month (less than a month now---wahooo! Posted Image)

LOTS and LOTS of HUGS!

Tammy

Posted Image everyone! Lottie is now eating real kitten food! No more baby food or milk replacement for her. She's a getting to be a big girl! Here are two pictures of her that my daughter took last night. Excuse the folded laundry on the back of the couch...Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Elissa, I can't believe you got Lottie to sit still long enough to get these pictures! She is such a little darling!

I just wanted to give everyone a "heads up" about the GALS Christmas/Holiday Card list. We do maintain a master list of addresses and phone numbers for anyone who wants to participate. This list IS PASSWORD PROTECTED for everyone's safety. If you'd like to join in, contact a MOD for the password, check to see if your updated info is in Post 1. If not, just go to the next post available and list any information you want to share (phone number are optional). MODS check the list daily and we will update the master list for you. C'mon over and join in if you want to. GALS Address List is HERE

Posted Image

Hope everyone has a wunnnerful weekend!

Hugs,

Suzie

I finally got to see "Chasing Mavericks" today and am dismayed at its low box office. My husband and I both loved it! I think Gerry shines (again) in the role of surrogate father (by the sea too). The surfing scenes are spectacular and frightening and the relationship between Frosty and Jay is so well played. I wish more people were seeing it and talking about it. I'm going to tell all my friends who haven't seen it yet to get there before it is out of theaters.

It really is sad that very few people are seeing this movie. I still think it was poorly advertised and the rating of PG caused many people to think it was a "kids' movie". I saw it three times and it got better every time. One of the times I went, I saw grandparents that had taken their grandchildren.

BonnieBJ

Posted Imageeveryone! Bill and Erin and I went to a party last night at the home of some friends. Got to talking to a woman whose husband is in Rockaway Beach, New York helping his elderly mother clean up her home. The basement and garage were flooded from floor to ceiling and although the power is back on, there's still no heat in the house, but FEMA gave his mother a check for temporary housing. They have no idea when the heat will be back on. They have running water, but no hot water.

Everyone at the party seemed to be from the Harp & Shamrock Society. While at the party, I was making some suggestions for improving how the membership records for the organization are kept, and now Erin and I are co-chairs of the membership committee, which had no chair due to a resignation. I've been assured that we'll be given everything we need as far as the paper work goes and that we should really only be busy during membership renewal time in Feb/Mar. Me and my big mouth! Posted Image I hope my good friend Suzie will help us stuff envelopes when the time comes. Posted Image

:wave: Hi Galfriends!

Remember these little one's?

Posted Image

They just keep on growing......

Posted Image

And growing......

Posted Image

So now you know what has been keeping me very busy, so long since I've been on site I can't find my way around!

Must find the place I used to post, trying hard to keep up with Gerry.... :Clyde3:/>

Yea! I'm still a Galfriend! :yo:/>

Fond wishes to all and hugs for all who need them,

Anna X

Hi Anna,

Welcome back! I'm new here (just joined in July) so I had to find my way around too!

Your kids are cute! Your pride and joy I see!

Nice to 'meet' you! :wave:src="http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wave.gif">

Sharon

Posted Image

Anna- great to see you! The children are really growing up! Love the pictures!Posted Image

Sharon- good to see you here in the Support Center! Posted Image

Gotta get off the computer and get into the kitchen. The Thanksgiving feast won't cook itself...darn it! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image to all of my GALFriends and their family Posted Image

Anna your children are just BEAUTIFUL Posted Image

Before I have to run and start to cook; I posted a note in the GBGALS Group on Facebook and I want to share with all of my GALFriends and (and GUYS) here as well....

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my FANMily. I am thankful not just today; but everyday for each and everyone of you. Posted Image

Dayna THANK YOU for bringing us all together. You created a place where not only we could support (and drool over Posted Image) Gerry; but a place where we could come and meet the most AMAZING GALS (and GUYS). A place where we support each other and support those who are in need. You all have just inspired me so much. Each and everyone of you mean so much to me.

Gerry I am thankful for you--for without you most of us would never have met. You are an AMAZING person. You will have a long legacy not only in your professional life but your personal life as well.

You have touched so many people.

I may never get the chance to meet all of my FANMily members or even Gerry but know that I do appreciate and love you all.

LOTS of Love; Hugs; Friendship and Prayers, Tammy

Edited by Music of the Night72

Hey, y'all, hope your Thanksgiving has been blessed.

ANNA, so happy to see you back. Your grand babies are sooo not babies anymore. How Lulu and Mr. T get older yet we get younger is a mystery! If you need the password to get back into the Wee Ones thread, let me know.

Tammy, you were so right about GALS. Couldn't do without me girlies.

Elissa, I will be happy to stuff envelopes for Harp and Shamrock. The Irish rock! LOL!

This has been an unfun holiday for me. Stomach virus keep me home eating dry toast. Yuck!

Love you all,

Suzie

I hope you guys had a faboo Turkey Day! Mine was...well, let's just say chasing my dog 6 blocks through my aunt's neighborhood was NOT on the agenda! LOL. I did find her thanks to an awesome family.

Much love to you guys, your families, and, of course, to Gerry!

Let the Christmas mania commence! Be safe out there kiddies!

PS - can someone help an over exhausted girl out with an avatar? I have plenty, I just can't make them show up. Oy vey!

Edited by madd_mama

Posted Image to all of you my dear friends. I hope your Thanksgiving was great (for those of you here in the states that is). Oh Suzie, I'm sorry sweetie....that's not fun.

And blessings to the rest of you just cause I loves ya!!!!

Anna, where on earth have you been? Now I know TJ and LuLu keep you busy...but woman you've been very missed. I figured you did something to that computer again...lol.

Hello, madd_mama ... and welcome to GALS and to the support center. I would be glad to help you with whatever avatar you want to put on your profile. Just send it to me by PM and I will take care of it for you.

I'll echo what Tammy said!!!

I'm just home from my Bryan's house where we had Thanksgiving .. it was a very nice day. This week we have had a bit of a respite from the trial so I'm very thankful for that. And tomorrow we're going to Holiday in the Park at Marine World..... I should be dead by tomorrow night...lol

hugs to all.

love,

Sue