Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

irish

Can I just say that it's the 15th of January, and the temp right now is 63? o_O

*sniff* I miss winter.

Yeah, well at least it isn't 6.3 degrees like it is here! I'll gladly send our winter your way. :lol:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM, be VERRA careful what you wish for! LOL!!

Well, it appears the flu bug has been sweeping through my house! :sick: I developed what I thought was a cold (and was told by the Dr. it was) the day after Christmas, but it turned out to be flu. I apparently passed it along to my brother, so I had him at the Dr. yesterday. Mine has passed and been replaced by Cedar Fever which may last till the middle of Feb! The cedar pollen count here was over 27,000 earlier this week and it is one of the worst in years. Oh joy! The Kleenex, cough syrup, aspirin and Gatorade people are verrrrry happy! Rick is now on Tamiflu so he should start improving. What a revoltin' development this is! LOL!

Hope everyone else is feeling great because I'm sending lotsa hugs and don't want to hug anyone who can give the flu back to me!! :flee:

:hearts:

Suzie

Oh, no, Suzie! Yet again proof that getting a flu shot doesn't guarantee you won't get the flu, but you usually get a much milder case of flu if you do get it. Maybe that's why your doctor mistook your flu for a severe cold. I hope Richard feels better very soon! Posted Image

Suzie...no worries! It's mostly melted off. I think the high today was mid 50s. Now for the fun part...all that water's gonna refreeze on the roads. Oy!

Distant hugs for you and the fams....no flu here! LOL

Amy

Oh no!! I hope that everyone is feeling better my good friends! I am sending LOTS and LOTS of Feel Better HUGS! I do agree my good friend Elissa; the flu shot does not seem to be helping those that have gotten it. Hubby and I have had the sniffles (Hubby was practically drinking Tylenol cold and flu medicine for about a week). I haven't had to drink any Tylenol cold and flu....at least yet ...LOL

I hope that the weather cooperates with us my good friend Amy for this weekend ........

LOTS and LOTS of HUGS!!

Tammy

I'm due back into work tomorrow for the first time after coming down with viral bronchitis on Dec. 29. Actually, I was due back on Monday, Jan 12, but they didn't need me. I have a mandatory inservice at 1:00, then I'm working until 7pm for a staff nurse who asked me to work for her from 3-7pm. I'm like a substitute teacher. I work to fill in when staffing is short, someone calls in, is on vacation, or wants time off. I never used to have trouble getting all the hours I wanted, but now, the hospital has gone mother-baby and the newborn nursery is a shadow of its former self, using only 2 nurses per shift. I'm going to talk to my supervisor tomorrow about getting a refresher orientation to the NICU. I only have until Sept. 1 to retire with full benefits.

My first day back to work wasn't too bad. It was just a mandatory 2 hour inservice followed by a 4 hour shift. I made it through ok. I got my annual evaluation back today along with a 2% raise. Too bad that got eaten up by the 2% hike in the FICA payroll taxes! Posted Image

I agree about Frannie's gorgeous Winter siggies! They're all Posted Image

We're getting a break in the temperature here too. Thank goodness as I was getting tired of breaking ice on the pond.

I was a little down last night with nothing much to do so I went to the store and bought a bottle of wine. Now wine is not something I'm a big fan of but I just keep hearing all this stuff about antioxidants, etc., so I thought I'd try some, for medicinal purposes you understand. So anyway, I was checking out and the guy behind the counter asked me, "Are you old enough to buy this?" I stared at him a moment and replied, "Oh aren't you sweet! Yes, WAAAAY old enough!" So then I said to him, "I guess the new rule is you have to just ask everyone that question nowadays." And he replied, "No, just those who look under forty." What a guy! He was cute too and about mid twenties! His momma is bringing him up right!

Anyway, it made my day.

Delene

We're getting a break in the temperature here too. Thank goodness as I was getting tired of breaking ice on the pond.

I was a little down last night with nothing much to do so I went to the store and bought a bottle of wine. Now wine is not something I'm a big fan of but I just keep hearing all this stuff about antioxidants, etc., so I thought I'd try some, for medicinal purposes you understand. So anyway, I was checking out and the guy behind the counter asked me, "Are you old enough to buy this?" I stared at him a moment and replied, "Oh aren't you sweet! Yes, WAAAAY old enough!" So then I said to him, "I guess the new rule is you have to just ask everyone that question nowadays." And he replied, "No, just those who look under forty." What a guy! He was cute too and about mid twenties! His momma is bringing him up right!

Anyway, it made my day.

Delene

I love getting carded now...except it doesn't happen very often! Guess I look older than I am. Is that a bad thing? LOL

Amy

Anyway, it made my day.

Delene

I love getting carded now...except it doesn't happen very often! Guess I look older than I am. Is that a bad thing? LOL

Amy

That's why I like to buy wine at Target and World Market. They never fail to card me! Posted Image

Seriously, ladies, I think it's all a savvy marketing strategy. The young guy behind me was buying beer. He looked around twenty and I lingered a moment to see if my guy ask him "Are you old enough to buy this?" I heard nothing. I think they're trained to use this tactic on ladies so we'll come back to buy more booze in the future just to get our egos stroked. Very smart! :drink:

Delene

As an ex-bartender, Posted Image ...I can only speak from the bar side...but yeah...the guys will schmooz ya, but not all of them are doing it just to stroke your ego to get ya to come back for more (although some do, poor saps)...for some guys, they really do just enjoy the response, it strokes their ego....My son (who was in his late 20's a few years ago...) worked for a summer at a baseball stadium as a bartender...and even tho he was 'required by law' to card almost everyone (even the men) he would relate to me after work how the obviously old grammas and grampas would blush, and giggle and all other forms of flattery...he loved the interaction...it made him feel good that he made them feel special. As for me...I was all business, it was just part of job(yeah, inspecting every pixel of the driver's license with a jeweler's loupe )...I'm paranoid...you never know who is a bar spy for the county lookin to fine yer back-side...

Edited by Trouble

Morning, m'dearies! Gotta brag on my Meester: He made A/B Honor Roll last quarter! Posted Image Not bad for a kidlet who moved mid term.

I told him that the goal for 3rd quarter was A Honor Roll. He looked at me as is to say, geez, Mommy, really???? LOL

Morning, m'dearies! Gotta brag on my Meester: He made A/B Honor Roll last quarter! Posted Image Not bad for a kidlet who moved mid term.

I told him that the goal for 3rd quarter was A Honor Roll. He looked at me as is to say, geez, Mommy, really???? LOL

Congratulations! Success...one day,one kidlet at a time...you definitely have bragging-rights! Posted Image

Edited by Trouble

Congrats to him and to you. He met his goal!! (and yours) He must be one heck of a young man and he has one heck of a Mommy. Many blessings to you both.

Some lousy SOB hacked my Yahoo acct and sent crapola to 56 of my nearest and dearest. Hope I headed most everyone off from opening it. That really burns my arse! It's bad enough when I get a cyber attack but LEAVE MY FRIENDS ALONE! I hope whoever did it gets sent to a special place in Hell where they have to listen to "It's a Small World" 24/7 for the rest of eternity!

It's crazy weather here. Yesterday's high was 86* then a front came through and the temp dropped over forty degrees in one hour. I felt sorry for anyone who went into a movie theater when it was so hot out then came out needing a coat! LOL!

Hope you are all well and happy, the flu bug, virus and/or hay fever has cleared up and the sun is shining where ever you are. Sending tight hugs to all!

***Irish, I'm thinking about you today***

:hugskisses:

Suzie

Some lousy SOB hacked my Yahoo acct and sent crapola to 56 of my nearest and dearest. Hope I headed most everyone off from opening it. That really burns my arse! It's bad enough when I get a cyber attack but LEAVE MY FRIENDS ALONE! I hope whoever did it gets sent to a special place in Hell where they have to listen to "It's a Small World" 24/7 for the rest of eternity!

It's crazy weather here. Yesterday's high was 86* then a front came through and the temp dropped over forty degrees in one hour. I felt sorry for anyone who went into a movie theater when it was so hot out then came out needing a coat! LOL!

Hope you are all well and happy, the flu bug, virus and/or hay fever has cleared up and the sun is shining where ever you are. Sending tight hugs to all!

***Irish, I'm thinking about you today***

Posted Image

Suzie

GAH! I hate it when that happens. I like the "It's a Small World" level of hell. I know a few peeps I could send there myself LOL

What is going on with this weather? We had ice Monday, mid-70s yesterday, and now they're calling tornado watches/warnings in the area. And, like in your neck of the woods, the temps are supposed to drop 30-40 degrees in the next 12 hours. Holy guacamole! No wonder no one here can stay healthy.

Loves to m'dearies!

Amy

M'dearies, I gotta vent for a sec. Elton John is gonna play the LJVM in April...it's about half an hour from here. I like his music, my mom loves it, so I checked into ticket prices. Holy crap on a mother frakkin' cracker! The nosebleed seats were $90. Wanna sit on the floor? Try $700. You read that right. $700. Per. Ticket. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't pay $700 to see him. I wouldn't pay $90 to see Robin Williams (though I was close...his tix were $70, but the seats were way better.)

I mean seriously...$700 per seat on the floor. That's a month's rent, for frak's sake! I can't think of any show I'd spend that kind of money on. And the sad thing is, the show will likely sell out.

Okay, I'm done. Sorry! LOLPosted Image