Gerard Butler GALS

8/21 - Butler "Not Doing" 300 Sequel

The last time we checked in on the latest developments with the "300" sequel, Warner Bros. ended the "is this movie ever happening?" debate by finally announcing that "300: Battle of Artemisia" will hit theaters on August 2, 2013.

That leaves really only one lingering question: What about Gerard Butler? Since the actor was pretty much at the center of the original film in the role of King Leonidas, it's only right to wonder where he might fit in a sequel. Butler has always maintained that he'd be interested in a "300" follow-up — if the timing and the script were right.

But unfortunately, MTV News can now confirm that Butler will not be making an appearance as Leonidas, after all.

"Oh, yeah, I'm not doing it," Butler told us when we caught up with him for early scoop on his surfing drama "Chasing Mavericks" and possible involvement in "Battle for Artemisia."

"They're filming [the '300' sequel] right now. I wish them the best, but it didn't [work out]. It wasn't really my thing."

"Battle for Artemisia" is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel "Xerxes" and will revolve around the Persian leader's (Rodrigo Santoro) struggle to become a god, as well as his battles with Greek warlord Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton) and Artemesia (Eva Green), all of whom are based on actual historical figures. We're partial to Green's ballsy and badass Artemesia because she took over ruling duties for her husband after his death and went on to command an entire armada.

In the meantime, fill your Gerard Butler action-movie void by checking him out hanging 10 in "Chasing Mavericks," opening October 26.

SOURCE

:thankyou: THANK YOU, KALLI, FOR THE FIND!

Edited by heISmyGspot
moved to NEWS

Woopsie, I removed your commentary when I edited the post for the news feed! SORRY, KALLI! Please feel free to repost...

Woopsie, I removed your commentary when I edited the post for the news feed! SORRY, KALLI! Please feel free to repost...

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan- im glad hes not involved in the sequel. why mess with prefection. gerry made that film his own, and also he has well and truly moved on from then and starring in great films, although 300 did give him a massive leg up into the hollywood world, and us fans are grateful for that, but gerry has proved himself over and over again since then.

Well the timing may have not worked out but if I were Gerry, I wouldn't want to try to put my body back in to that kind of shape again for what's probably very few appearances in the film anyway. I think I remember him saying that the problem with his back now is because of that work out. Not sure he could, really, or even wanted to.

Delene

I knew he wouldn't do it...first of all HIS CHARACTER WAS KILLED OFF..secondly; Gerry always maintains that he does not do sequels...Um what was that old saying Gerry; about "never say NEVER?" You just never know when something could come up..."Dear Frankie" and "Phantom" in mind that calls for ONLY YOU? But I understand the physical drain it caused you for 300 and don't think that your body is up to another stint in the torture chamber Lol..

I knew he wouldn't do it...first of all HIS CHARACTER WAS KILLED OFF..secondly; Gerry always maintains that he does not do sequels...Um what was that old saying Gerry; about "never say NEVER?" You just never know when something could come up..."Dear Frankie" and "Phantom" in mind that calls for ONLY YOU? But I understand the physical drain it caused you for 300 and don't think that your body is up to another stint in the torture chamber Lol..

[/quote

I have no doubt that Gerry could get back into 300 shape, he almost is now,

but I, for one, certainly don't want him going thru that ritual again of all

it took to get him into shape for 300.

I don't know where he was physically when he started to train for 300,

but I am sure he is closer now to being in that shape and it probably wouldn't

take as much training as before. I just really don't relish seeing him do a 300

sequel and working so hard for what would have to be a few, looking back, scenes.

Gerry has earned the right to be the TOP star in anything he does. His appearing in

a 300 sequel would just be a big favor to the director and producer. His appearance

would probably draw in a lot more people to fill the seats, but he doesn't need that.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

The last time we checked in on the latest developments with the "300" sequel, Warner Bros. ended the "is this movie ever happening?" debate by finally announcing that "300: Battle of Artemisia" will hit theaters on August 2, 2013.

That leaves really only one lingering question: What about Gerard Butler? Since the actor was pretty much at the center of the original film in the role of King Leonidas, it's only right to wonder where he might fit in a sequel. Butler has always maintained that he'd be interested in a "300" follow-up — if the timing and the script were right.

But unfortunately, MTV News can now confirm that Butler will not be making an appearance as Leonidas, after all.

"Oh, yeah, I'm not doing it," Butler told us when we caught up with him for early scoop on his surfing drama "Chasing Mavericks" and possible involvement in "Battle for Artemisia."

"They're filming [the '300' sequel] right now. I wish them the best, but it didn't [work out]. It wasn't really my thing."

"Battle for Artemisia" is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel "Xerxes" and will revolve around the Persian leader's (Rodrigo Santoro) struggle to become a god, as well as his battles with Greek warlord Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton) and Artemesia (Eva Green), all of whom are based on actual historical figures. We're partial to Green's ballsy and badass Artemesia because she took over ruling duties for her husband after his death and went on to command an entire armada.

In the meantime, fill your Gerard Butler action-movie void by checking him out hanging 10 in "Chasing Mavericks," opening October 26.

SOURCE

SOURCE