Gerard Butler GALS

#GerardButler's Chasing Mavericks #LiveLikeJay released in Dolby Atmos.

:lol: from the press release:

The list of North American theatres selected to show the fall 2012 releases of Taken 2 and Chasing Mavericks in Dolby Atmos will be made available closer to the release dates.

About Dolby Atmos

Dolby Atmos is the latest sound technology from Dolby Laboratories that brings a powerful new listening experience with more natural, realistic cinema sound that truly envelops the audience. It is an end-to-end solution that takes into account the entire content pipeline and brings together mixers, studios, and distributors to create dramatic improvements in the audio experience. The Dolby Atmos platform provides content creators with a new creative freedom to tell their stories and simplifies movie distribution with a single universal package to deliver to audiences the full impact of the artist's intent, regardless of theatre configuration.

To learn more about Dolby Atmos, visit dolby.com/Atmos.

To share an educational video on Dolby Atmos, visit http://vimeo.com/40699179 .

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't a clue what that means...but it hopefully is good...lol

hugs,

Sue

Hi Irish (Sue), Believe it or not I am still surviving...still treating for hodgkins and in meantime, had another type of cancer a mastectomy, BUT THIS OLD BIRD is still hanging on and again thanks you so much for my avatar and signature which my hubby and I love. We watch UGLY TRUTH every so often, because it is just plain fun...as I mentioned some of the ladies, etc. that used to be on other sites, have a group on Facebook.com called KNUCKLEHEADS. very small we just say HI and a few little greetings and wishing each other Happy birthday, etc. everyone so busy..anyway, I enjoy coming into this group every so often in between my treatments, etc. We have another little grandchild...a little girl a wee bit over a year old...these little ones keep us going. Hope your family is doing well....all our best wishes to you and yours...hugs, Donna Jean and George and clan

The list of venues to feature Dolby's Atmos sound has been released:

Dolby Releases List of Theaters Playing 'Taken 2' in Atmos Sound

Fox also plans to offer its Oct. 26 release "Chasing Mavericks" in Atmos.

Thirteen theaters in North America and two in China will offer Fox’s Taken 2 in the new Dolby Atmos sound format.

Meanwhile, Dolby has released an interview with re-recording mixer Chuck Michael, who mixed Taken 2 in Atmos at the Zanuck Theater on the Fox lot, which is equipped to support the format. (Watch the video below.) In Southern California, Taken 2, which opens Oct. 5, will be offered at AMC Ontario Mills 30 in Ontario and ArcLight Sherman Oaks in Sherman Oaks.

Elsewhere in North America, the movie will be offered at the following theaters: AMC Aventura 24, Aventura, Fla.; AMC Barrywoods 24, Kansas City; AMC Downtown Disney 24, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; AMC Empire 25, New York; AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco; Brenden Theatres at the Palms, Las Vegas; Cinemark Century at Pacific Commons, Fremont, Calif.; Cinemark West Plano and XD, Plano, Texas; Cinetopia Vancouver Mall 23, Vancouver, Wash.; ShowPlace ICON at Roosevelt Collection, Chicago; and Cineplex SilverCity Yonge-Eglinton Cinemas, Toronto.

In China, it will be offered at Shanghai Film Art Center, Shanghai; and Lumiere Pavilions Chengdu Raffles City Cinema, Chengdu.

Fox also plans to offer its Oct. 26 release Chasing Mavericks in Dolby Atmos.

Unveiled in April, the Atmos format creates an immersive sound experience by lining speakers along the theatre’s front, rear and side walls, as well as overhead. It can play up to 128 channels of sound at once. Disney/Pixar’s Brave was the first film to be mixed in Atmos. It premiered in the spring in Atmos at the newly renamed Dolby Theatre. When the movie opened June 22, 14 theaters showed it in Atmos. Source

AMC Barrywoods 24, Kansas City

I just noticed this! :yay:

Sounds to me like it's something to do with creating not only the visual and audio experience but the realistic atmospheric experience as well through sound. I don't know what the heck I'm saying so just ignore me! :bonk:

Thanks, Barb!

Delene