Gerard Butler GALS

Question about the PFK prescreening in NYC

Hi guys!

I know some of you were lucky enough to attend a PFK pre-screeing in NYC and I was wondering if there is a thread about what you thought of the film. I couldn't find one. If there is, can someone post a link please?

Thank you!

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Hi guys!

I know some of you were lucky enough to attend a PFK pre-screeing in NYC and I was wondering if there is a thread about what you thought of the film. I couldn't find one. If there is, can someone post a link please?

Thank you!

Theresa

:wave: Theresa!

The consensus was that it was terrific. Great to hear Gerry's 'natural' Scots (although it's not as strong as it used to be!) - a very PG, warm and funny, and romantic picture. Lots of beautiful Gerry moments and 'looks'...

no 'hot' love scenes, but there is the 'towel' and some smootching ;)

There are a few remarks starting about post #34 in the thread organizing the event. :D

• 1 month later...

I was able to attend both of the LA screenings (Thank You to FilmDistrict) and definitely enjoyed the movie - even more the second time than the first. Last night was the 2nd and more than a dozen of us were able to attend, along with what I imagine might have been some members of the press.

The best things:

Gerry getting to do some good "eye acting."

Good chemistry with co-stars, especially the boy playing his absolutely adorable son.

Gerry playing soccer, in shorts, and using his natural accent. I still delight in hearing whatever is left of it.

Catherine Zeta-Jones - her character ended up being a mostly pleasant surprise, not the direction I thought it was steering her.

The only quibble I had was a few of the supporting characters were kind of cartoonish in their OTT behavior, but none of them had a whole lot of screen time, and the core characters were quite good, and Gerry as soccer coach made me want to become a soccer mom with a kid on his team (even if just to cheer from the stands).

It stands above his other ventures into rom-com land IMHO.