Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

10/30 - Gerard Butler Signs on for "Dynamo"

Gerard Butler has been set to star in Dynamo, a true story based on the novel Dynamo: Defending The Honour Of Kiev by Andy Dougan. Eli Richbourg adapted the screenplay. Riviera Pictures, Beau Flynn of FlynnPictureCo., and Jeremy Garelick will produce. Pathé co-developed and will co-produce and distribute the film worldwide. Talks with possible directors are underway.

Dynamo is based on the landmark soccer game that took place between an occupied Ukrainian soccer team and their Nazi captors during World War II. Butler will star as Nikolai Trusevich, the all-star goalie who served as a cornerstone and leader for his team, and ultimately inspired the entire battered city of Kiev, Ukraine. To stem a rising tide of resistance and establish Aryan superiority, the Nazi's set up a match pitting the starving Ukrainians against a 'super team' of German players that to this day is still known as "The Death Match". Dynamo will shoot in Europe in 2013.

Source

Another football film :flee: I don't think that is a good choice. Wartime football match, that has been done so many times...don´t do it gerry

This sounds like a remake of Victory which starred Stallone back in 1981.

Lyn

I hope Gerry doesn't have to lose lots of weight! :unsure:

Wonder if he's really signed on or just looking at the script? You know how that goes.

This does sound like "Victory" except that that one was about allied prisoners of war playing against the Germans, not a Ukrainian football team in occupied Ukraine. Sly Stallone played the goalie in that one but he was an American POW. Doesn't sound like the same story. I don't like the word "starving", Suzie.

Gerry do like his soccer...er.....football though!

Thanks for the info!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

This sounds like a remake of Victory which starred Stallone back in 1981.

Lyn

That was the one I thought of too ....Stallone and Pele :wave:

Gerard Butler has been set to star in Dynamo, a true story based on the novel Dynamo: Defending The Honour Of Kiev by Andy Dougan. Eli Richbourg adapted the screenplay. Riviera Pictures, Beau Flynn of FlynnPictureCo., and Jeremy Garelick will produce. Pathé co-developed and will co-produce and distribute the film worldwide. Talks with possible directors are underway.

Dynamo is based on the landmark soccer game that took place between an occupied Ukrainian soccer team and their Nazi captors during World War II. Butler will star as Nikolai Trusevich, the all-star goalie who served as a cornerstone and leader for his team, and ultimately inspired the entire battered city of Kiev, Ukraine. To stem a rising tide of resistance and establish Aryan superiority, the Nazi's set up a match pitting the starving Ukrainians against a 'super team' of German players that to this day is still known as "The Death Match". Dynamo will shoot in Europe in 2013.

Source

Most of my positive sentiments are at IMDb (GerrysWHATEVERITISNOW) thinking Gerry has taken his career by the horns and is working hard to rekindle interest in it, and him in it and put PythonGate behind him. :D

SlimChance

This sounds like a remake of Victory which starred Stallone back in 1981.Lyn

Wonder if he's really signed on or just looking at the script? You know how that goes. This does sound like "Victory" except that that one was about allied prisoners of war playing against the Germans, not a Ukrainian football team in occupied Ukraine. Sly Stallone played the goalie in that one but he was an American POW. Doesn't sound like the same story. I don't like the word "starving", Suzie. Gerry do like his soccer...er.....football though! Thanks for the info!Delene

Exactly what I thought. Come to find out that this true story of Nikolai Trusevich was one of the inspirations for Victory (which was called "Escape to Victory" in Europe)

How ironic. I am just finishing a screenplay about a Scottish football team that goes to the PA Dutch Country to play against an Amish team. I'm hoping to witness Harrison Ford as the coach of the Amish team. (Get it?) This, of course, must be filmed on location. You listening Gerry? Ha ha. I shouldn't joke. If Gerry loves this movie Dynamo, then it must have it's merits. It's not something that would normally interest me but I'm a romcom kinda gal. He managed to do a soccer er, football film as a romcom, PFK and I intend to enjoy!

Sooo...back to the subject at hand. I'll be interested in seeing him in Dynamo too.

:music::cunning::)

Hello!

Another exciting, interesting and great new movie project!!!!! Awesome!!!!! Way to go Gerard!!!!! I love it!!!!! No matter what kind of movie, I'm all for it!!!!! He's such a very good and very talented actor, he can play everything!!!!! Soccer, goalie, I'm passionate about it!!!!! It sounds really good!!!!!!

Josée

:detect:Wouldn't this be his third soccer movie? Game of their lives and that other film..I forget the title..not a big soccer fan but it seems that Gerry is!

He was such a GREAT goalie in Time of Their Lives. I'd love to see him play a goalie again,

especially in such a historic movie.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Yuck... eh. Not sure about this one. :stars:;):doh:

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom: