Gerard Butler GALS

12/26 - #GerardButler's resolution for 2013

becozy

Gerard Butler says his New Year resolution for 2013 is to take a spiritual and more introspective approach to life. It was a near-death experience that prompted the 43-year-old to re-evaluate his existence.

Butler said: "Next year my resolution is to embark on a lot of internal, more spiritual things, and explore that side of my life."

After he almost died in a surfing accident in 2011 while filming Chasing Mavericks, the Scottish-born actor says he now has a different perspective.

Gerard, who played the role of champion surfer Rick 'Frosty' Henson, was hit by a freak wave at Maverick's, a surfing spot south of San Fransisco, and trapped underwater as a succession of large waves rolled over him.

He was eventually pulled onto a jet ski and taken to a nearby hospital.

Butler said: "That accident made me reassess a lot of stuff. On the positive side, it made me realise you live from moment to moment.

"I've had a few close calls but that was probably the closest. So now I regard life as having different chapters, and it's about enjoying each one and that's my focus for 2013."

Butler will next be seen in romantic comedy Playing For Keeps, released on January 1, 2013 and also starring Jessica Biel.

Source

Gerard Butler says his New Year resolution for 2013 is to take a spiritual and more introspective approach to life. It was a near-death experience that prompted the 43-year-old to re-evaluate his existence.

Butler said: "Next year my resolution is to embark on a lot of internal, more spiritual things, and explore that side of my life."

After he almost died in a surfing accident in 2011 while filming Chasing Mavericks, the Scottish-born actor says he now has a different perspective.

Gerard, who played the role of champion surfer Rick 'Frosty' Henson, was hit by a freak wave at Maverick's, a surfing spot south of San Fransisco, and trapped underwater as a succession of large waves rolled over him.

He was eventually pulled onto a jet ski and taken to a nearby hospital.

Butler said: "That accident made me reassess a lot of stuff. On the positive side, it made me realise you live from moment to moment.

"I've had a few close calls but that was probably the closest. So now I regard life as having different chapters, and it's about enjoying each one and that's my focus for 2013."

Butler will next be seen in romantic comedy Playing For Keeps, released on January 1, 2013 and also starring Jessica Biel.

Source

yes, gbutt nearly wasnt with us to celebrate 2012, but im glad he is, as i wouldnt have met him twice this year, which is a record as i usually only meet him yearly if that. i wish gerard a merry christmas, and particularly a happy new year for 2013.

i am looking forward to seeing his new films playing for keeps, chasing mavericks, movie 43 and olympus has fallen, and hope he is going to keep on making great films this year, and also to see him again in london.

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan

I never really bought into the whole "near death experience makes you rethink life" until I had one this past March. Nothing like laying in a hospital bed on a floor where you're the youngest patient by a couple decades, or the sheer terror on your child's face when they come to visit, to make you question every single decision you've ever made. Scary stuff.

Good on Gerry for shifting his focus. Here's to a long life and a 2013 with fewer frak ups! ^_^

I never really bought into the whole "near death experience makes you rethink life" until I had one this past March. Nothing like laying in a hospital bed on a floor where you're the youngest patient by a couple decades, or the sheer terror on your child's face when they come to visit, to make you question every single decision you've ever made. Scary stuff.

Good on Gerry for shifting his focus. Here's to a long life and a 2013 with fewer frak ups! ^_^

You are absolutely right! I had a similar experience 15½ years ago and it does make you rethink a lot of things, including not sweating the small-stuff and reassessing what is really important!

:erik: Erik's EbonyEyes :phantom: