Gerard Butler GALS

#GerardButler's getting ready to celebrate Hogmanay

becozy

and he plans to bring in the Bells in Comrie, Perthshire, where his parents live. The star said can’t wait to let his hair down at the torch-waving bash. He said: “I love New Year’s Eve. I often end up in my local village in Scotland where my parents now live, and they have this pagan festival.

“The pipe band come out and then everybody lights these huge wooden torches that they have to carry round like pillars and march round the village to cast out all the old evil spirits.

“Then they go to the river and people make floats and they all go round the village. It’s amazing, it’s one of the coolest things.

“It’s bringing in the New Year, it’s your hopes for the future, it’s like saying goodbye to that year, putting it to bed and then spreading out some love and some good wishes.”

Paisley-born Gerard is also looking forward to his new film Playing For Keeps hitting cinemas on January 1. He stars as a washed-up ex-Celtic star attempting to patch up relations with his young son alongside Jessica Biel and Dennis Quaid.

And he says The Day After Tomorrow star Dennis left him BRUISED during filming.

He said: “Every time we finished a scene I’d be black and blue with bruises. Dennis Quaid is such an old pro, I thought he was so funny in this movie. He’s got this thing where he’s got to constantly hit me.”

And the Celtic diehard admits it was a dream come true to play fictional former Hoops player George Dryer, adding: “I was amazed how much I got caught up in it. I was watching the movie thinking ‘Oh, that was me, I played for Celtic’. Even though that just involved a day in the studio, shooting some football moves and then slotting them into an actual game.”

He revealed he’s not a happy Bhoy that Old Firm rivals Rangers have been demoted to the Third Division while Celtic are flying in the Champions League, saying: “It breaks my heart what’s happened with Rangers.

“We’ve done great getting through to the last 16, beating Barcelona. That’s incredible.

“But we’re definitely going to miss Rangers.

“I’m very much bummed about it.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/4714248/Butler-the-bellraiser.html#ixzz2GGhuHQcN

:scotlandflag::soccer-4010:

Hello!

Thanks for this great article!!!! I love it!!!!! I'm so happy he's been spending some quality time in his beautiful Scotland!!!!! It seems a really big and great event!!!!! I love it when he talks about soccer, I didn't know Rangers changed division!!!!!! Way to go Gerard!!!!! I love him more and more!!!!!

Josée

Now there's a New Year's party I wouldn't mind crashing! Sounds like a blast and a half. LOL NYE is gonna be quiet here. My monkey boy is with his...ahem, father.

:sarcasm2:

ANYWAY...we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

Maybe Dennis was just getting Gerry back after nearly drowning him. I saw an interview where Gerry told the story of the old boat he had on the lake during the filming of PFK and said "I nearly drowned Dennis Quaid!" after apparently pulling away from his boat dock while Dennis was still hanging on the side half way in. We all know how he manages to injure his costars on occasion. Just ask Hilary Swank.

Delene

If you read very carefully, Gerry did not say he would be ringing the bell for NYE in Comrie. He was telling all about it. Some tabloid picked it up and said he would be in Comrie for NYE...all he really did was talk about it. A couple of times he has gone to Miami for NYE or perhaps some place more exotic this New Year's.

Posted Image

If you read very carefully, Gerry did not say he would be ringing the bell for NYE in Comrie. He was telling all about it. Some tabloid picked it up and said he would be in Comrie for NYE...all he really did was talk about it. A couple of times he has gone to Miami for NYE or perhaps some place more exotic this New Year's.

Posted Image

sue grint - gbutts greatest london fan - the scottish really know how to do hogmany, as i went, a few years ago to edinburgh to celebrate and it was a three day party, music, drinking, eating and having fun. they really know how to party north of the border on new years eve.

wherever you spend it this year gerry have a fantastic time, as i know you will, as you love to party too.

Posted Image

You have a good eye, Dragon Slayer..........I did not pick up on that! Thanks for pointing it out.

BonnieBJ