Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

"Dynamo" mentioned in UK PFK interview

The success or failure of Playing for Keeps may determine whether he opts to do another football flick. But Dynamo, a possible future movie, based on the book by the Scots journalist Andy Dougan, is a far cry from the saccharine self-indulgence of wearing your favourite club’s shirt. Butler describes it as “more of a Schindler’s List of football movies than a Playing for Keeps”, and he’s right. The true-life tale of the wartime players of Dynamo Kiev who played a “Match of Death” against a well-fed Wehrmacht side in 1942, it is a remarkable story made all the more so by being utterly genuine.

“It is in the pipeline,” says a cautious Butler, “we don’t even have a script yet.

“It’s definitely a dark harrowing tale but, yeah, I would love [to do it] and hope that we get to make it because it’s such a powerful story. When it was pitched to me I was crying listening to it.

“I said to my buddy who was producing it ‘You should actually just film you telling that story and put it on in a cinema.

“You don’t need me. You don’t need anything else, 
just the way you said that, I would pay to go and see that movie’.”

Butler’s filmography has three new titles on it. Dynamo currently sits with a question mark against it. Holocaust movies are never an easy sell – and the story of the Dynamo players did not have a happy ending – but if it takes a soccer-mad movie star to get it made, then Gerard Butler could be that man.

And it may yet provide him with the in-depth performance he needs to prove to his detractors just how good he can be with the right role.

Source Yorkshire Post Published on Friday 4 January 2013 13:52

The success or failure of Playing for Keeps may determine whether he opts to do another football flick. But Dynamo, a possible future movie, based on the book by the Scots journalist Andy Dougan, is a far cry from the saccharine self-indulgence of wearing your favourite club’s shirt. Butler describes it as “more of a Schindler’s List of football movies than a Playing for Keeps”, and he’s right. The true-life tale of the wartime players of Dynamo Kiev who played a “Match of Death” against a well-fed Wehrmacht side in 1942, it is a remarkable story made all the more so by being utterly genuine.

“It is in the pipeline,” says a cautious Butler, “we don’t even have a script yet.

“It’s definitely a dark harrowing tale but, yeah, I would love [to do it] and hope that we get to make it because it’s such a powerful story. When it was pitched to me I was crying listening to it.

“I said to my buddy who was producing it ‘You should actually just film you telling that story and put it on in a cinema.

“You don’t need me. You don’t need anything else, 
just the way you said that, I would pay to go and see that movie’.”

Butler’s filmography has three new titles on it. Dynamo currently sits with a question mark against it. Holocaust movies are never an easy sell – and the story of the Dynamo players did not have a happy ending – but if it takes a soccer-mad movie star to get it made, then Gerard Butler could be that man.

And it may yet provide him with the in-depth performance he needs to prove to his detractors just how good he can be with the right role.

Source Yorkshire Post Published on Friday 4 January 2013 13:52

I really hope GB gets the opportunity to make this film!

Happy New Year to all of you at GALS, and of course to our favorite handsome actor!

:Milo3:

(still have my yellow towel, lol)