Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Aussie GALS are too sizzling hot

See the new Aussie thread I started for y'all here.

See the new Aussie thread I started for y'all here.

[/quo

Hi, thanks for the warm and fuzzy.

Alex...Hmm name rings a bell but not 100 percent sure who he is? What has he done lately?

Cheating on Gerry......how could we, one look into those eyes and i'd be a liquid pool of mush. Mind you i watched Drac 2000 last night and i have to say that i like the more Mature Gerry to Drac, but either way he can sink his fangs into my neck anyday.

Edited by wolfie

This is WAY off topic but could you Aussie Gals tell me how Australia came to be known as "OZ"? My niece will be an intern in Australia this semester and when she asked if I knew I could only guess that it came from AUS in Australia. Can you give me the truth and make me look like the aunt who knows everything?!

Hmm, been scratching my head...... i finally asked the wizard (the all knowing husband) and he suggested that since our first 3 letters are AUS, people have slurred the 3 letters into 2 to make the word OZ.

You got me surfing the net and here is an article from an Indian Newspaper which might explain it a bit better ( India, go figure!)

Why is Australia called Oz?

The word Australia when referred to informally with its first three letters becomes Aus. When Aus or Aussie, the short form for an Australian, is pronounced for fun with a hissing sound at the end, it sounds as though the word being pronounced has the spelling Oz.

Hence Australia in informal language is referred to as Oz. The noun Oz is also used to refer to an unreal, magical place, and this usage had its origins in the fantasy novel The wonderful world of Oz written in 1900 by L Frank Baum.

- V Venkata Rao, Ahmedabad.

Hope that this helps, by the way what part of Aus is your niece coming to?

Hi, all you hot Aussie GALS! Texan horning in here....I just couldn't let this thread go by without posting piccies of the VERY hot, VERY Aussie Alex O'Laughlin currently starring in the US TV show, "Moonlight" where he plays the world's second sexiest vampire. His YUM factor is right up there near Gerry's!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are additional pics of Alex in the Over 18 "Alex O'Laughlin" thread where you will be able to see some oh so hot shots from "The Oyster Farmer". :heat:

Enjoy!

Suzie

Hmm, been scratching my head...... i finally asked the wizard (the all knowing husband) and he suggested that since our first 3 letters are AUS, people have slurred the 3 letters into 2 to make the word OZ.

You got me surfing the net and here is an article from an Indian Newspaper which might explain it a bit better ( India, go figure!)

The word Australia when referred to informally with its first three letters becomes Aus. When Aus or Aussie, the short form for an Australian, is pronounced for fun with a hissing sound at the end, it sounds as though the word being pronounced has the spelling Oz.

Hence Australia in informal language is referred to as Oz. The noun Oz is also used to refer to an unreal, magical place, and this usage had its origins in the fantasy novel The wonderful world of Oz written in 1900 by L Frank Baum.

Guess I made a good guess! I will pass on the info. My niece has just arrived in Sydney and that is where she is assigned but they plan on travelling as often as possible. She will only be working 4 days per week-do you all get Fridays off?? I'm full of envy if that is true. Thanks for the info. Who knew that India would know the answer!!!?

Guess I made a good guess! I will pass on the info. My niece has just arrived in Sydney and that is where she is assigned but they plan on travelling as often as possible. She will only be working 4 days per week-do you all get Fridays off?? I'm full of envy if that is true. Thanks for the info. Who knew that India would know the answer!!!?

Nope we all don't get Fridays off, she is very lucky. Aussies are usually very, very helpful in the sightseeing department. Good luck to her and i hope she really gets to see this beautiful country.

I am going to close this thread for posting, and direct everyone to the current Aussie thread.

I think it will be less confusing and more 'centrally located' to just have the one thread going.

Thanks!!

Songbird

Posted Image