Gerard Butler GALS

A Gentle Reminder to Fans

Its ridiculous that this has to even be posted. I agree with everything Dayna. This guy is entitled to some privacy, I dont care how many 'good intentions' any fan that approches him on purpose has. Of course he is going to act gracious, but that doesn't mean he is not feeling pretty violated inside.

Of course he is going to act gracious, but that doesn't mean he is not feeling pretty violated inside.

We all have that outside personae, don't we? Well, some are better at it than others...to not seem bothered when in reality we just wanna run away...scream...run our fingernails down a chalkboard...or whatnot. Some people don't hide it at ALL... :scared: :smile: Not saying that every time Gerry is gracious he's merely putting on an act, but the man IS human (despite rumors :bleh: ) and only has so much patience (and I'm positive I have much less).

:cheer:

I still say "Gerry, please come to Vegas and meet your loyal fans and we

promise not to stalk you on open movie sets!"

It seems a simple solution to a much discussed and possible problem for

Gerry and we would only take up the time he had decided to give us.

We could take up a fund for his plane ticket! :inlove:

OK... another problem solved. All in a day's work. :clap:

(You know I am smiling... tongue in cheek)

Later and Cheers...Tamarra

:cheer:

I still say "Gerry, please come to Vegas and meet your loyal fans and we

promise not to stalk you on open movie sets!"

See? That just solves everything! ::D:

:vegasbaby:

Ok, seriously now.

As much as I would just love to see Gerry working on a set, I'm going to try to contain myself and lust from afar. I hope at some point to just get a chance to say hi during some sort of fan event or appearance (eg. Leno, etc...). I hate the idea of him getting frustrated with all of us adoring him that he feels he needs to say "knock it off already." He seems to be as gracious as humanly possible but we've really got to let him work.

Edited by discoveringme

I read in a post on imdb that she heard that Gerry was reprimanded by the director because of his fans interfering with his shooting of BOAW. I don't know where she heard that, or if it is even true, but it bears thinking about. If he WAS chewed out by his director on the first day of filming, it had to leave a bad taste in his mouth for future interactions with fans. And if it didn't happen, it COULD happen if it continues throughout filming. It may have even taken the form of some teasing of Gerry, but with a point. I realize that first weekend was a special thing because so many fans were there for the premier of B&G, but I hope things have calmed down for him since then. I'm sure they have, or we would be reading about more fan encounters.

I've wondered if there might have been some teasing too, and have also wondered what Pierce, who really is the much more well known star on this film, has thought of all of Gerry's fan attention. I hope there isn't any jealousy as that could result in an uncomfortable working environment. It surely must have died down after that first weekend. Did the filmmakers put any thought into starting the filming, on the streets of Vancouver, the very same weekend Gerry's last movie was released there? They had to expect some fans to show up, and it wasn't like there were hundreds, maybe somewhere between 10 to 30 at a time, from what I understand.

I am sure that for the most part the fans have respected that he is working there, and have allowed it to be his choice to come to them. I do recall that a couple of the encounters that were posted had indicated that at some point Gerry had said something about the director thinking he wasn't taking it seriously because he was spending so much time with his fans. That may well have been said entirely in jest, but we have no way of knowing what is happening behind the scenes so hence the gentle reminder that we should try our best not to cause any problem for him.

RESPECT for Gerry and for each other - that's our "value statement" here at GALS! :inlove:

I read in a post on imdb that she heard that Gerry was reprimanded by the director because of his fans interfering with his shooting of BOAW. I don't know where she heard that, or if it is even true, but it bears thinking about. If he WAS chewed out by his director on the first day of filming, it had to leave a bad taste in his mouth for future interactions with fans. And if it didn't happen, it COULD happen if it continues throughout filming. It may have even taken the form of some teasing of Gerry, but with a point. I realize that first weekend was a special thing because so many fans were there for the premier of B&G, but I hope things have calmed down for him since then. I'm sure they have, or we would be reading about more fan encounters.

Glad you posted this. I was wondering the same thing.

When he is at a public event, then he is kind of free game for fan visits. Otherwise, he is working. Leave him be to work.

Lisa

Edited by Adoring

I read in a post on imdb that she heard that Gerry was reprimanded by the director because of his fans interfering with his shooting of BOAW. I don't know where she heard that, or if it is even true, but it bears thinking about.

One of the fan encounters on the other site included Gerry actually telling the fans that himself.

I, personally, would have thought what was a rather broad hint. :confused:

One of the fan encounters on the other site included Gerry actually telling the fans that himself.

I, personally, would have thought what was a rather broad hint. :confused:

Sounds like a giant hint to me too, Fiona. Gerry is just too sweet to come right out and say it.

Edited by Adoring
Guest greyeyegoddess

Anything from imdb forums, I take with a grain of salt. I know quite a few of members here and there post over there. It's a place where I personally don't feel comfortable, but many do. I've gone over there once in a while, when I'm updating my Gerry library.

The only ones who really know what happened were the ones who were there.

Gerry's working, so don't bother him or make special plans to meet him while working...Got it!

~alice

Over at Gb.net, there are a few videos taken by fans of fan encounters in Vancouver. The videos were shot over a two day period, the weekend when Beowulf was premiered. One of them shows that little bit when Gerry talked about the director saying he wasn't taking his role seriously enough, and the tone of Gerry's voice, facial expressions and body language suggest that he is kidding around and very at ease. So who knows, maybe the director did say something to Gerry along those lines... but perhaps HE was also kidding around with Ger.

It's interesting to view footage of the fan encounters, as opposed to just looking at the stills... gives one a whole different perspective on things.

I do think things have calmed down in Vancouver... and I do still enjoy reading *most* of the fan encounters.

Swan

I've wondered if there might have been some teasing too, and have also wondered what Pierce, who really is the much more well known star on this film, has thought of all of Gerry's fan attention. I hope there isn't any jealousy as that could result in an uncomfortable working environment.

Well, I'm sure Mr. Brosnan has gotten his fill of fan attention throughout the years...Remmington Steel...James Bond....and all that...Mrs. Doubtfire! ::D: Sorry, not sure what's come over me...

May Pierce was thinking, "For once, they're not after ME!!" :lol:

Okay, I'm just kidding everyone, not putting words in anybody's mouth (but it's sure fun to pretend, eh? oh, that's what the photo caption forum is for...)

Forgive me, two nights of insomnia leaves this Vanilla GAL with a verrra strange sense of humor.

I've wondered if there might have been some teasing too, and have also wondered what Pierce, who really is the much more well known star on this film, has thought of all of Gerry's fan attention. I hope there isn't any jealousy as that could result in an uncomfortable working environment.

Well, I'm sure Mr. Brosnan has gotten his fill of fan attention throughout the years...Remmington Steel...James Bond....and all that...Mrs. Doubtfire! ::D: Sorry, not sure what's come over me...

May Pierce was thinking, "For once, they're not after ME!!" :lol:

Okay, I'm just kidding everyone, not putting words in anybody's mouth (but it's sure fun to pretend, eh? oh, that's what the photo caption forum is for...)

Forgive me, two nights of insomnia leaves this Vanilla GAL with a verrra strange sense of humor.

I think you're probably right, Abrock.

I'm sure Pierce has had his fair share of fans......(not that they're by any means as fabulous or as numerous as we are....cough cough). I doubt there would be much jealousy. But if I were Maria Bello, I might be going, "Hey, where are mine????" with a pouty face. But then again, she gets to work with the both of them, so I think it's a fair trade, right ladies?

I think that things have calmed down too....there is always going to be a little bit of unpleasantness involved with these things, I think, on both Gerry's and our sides, but the important part is that the majority of the interactions that we have leave all parties happy (I was going to use "satisfied", but I think that's in another forum.....LOL!). I think that it's actually quite a statement that we're actually worrying about the small stuff that we think could hurt Gerry. That alone should be a testament to how nice most of us really are!

Jen :kisswink: