Gerard Butler GALS

IGN hosting @GerrardButler #OlympusHasFallen Google Hangout interview

becozy

UPDATE: Rescheduled to Thurs 9AM 4/4 Details here

Complete details at IGN: http://www.ign.com/b...butler-with-us/

March 26, 2013 by TomButler_IGNOn Tuesday April 2nd, actor Gerard Butler is coming to IGN's London office to talk about his new action thriller Olympus Has Fallen which is out in UK cinemas on April 17th.

We called Olympus Has Fallen "a solid, old school action-thriller" in our review which you can read in full here. We'll be chatting him for 30 minutes about playing Secret Service agent Mike Banning and we want YOUR help!

IGN will be hosting the interview in a Google+ Hangout between 11-11:30am (BST) and we're looking for willing and eager fans of Gerard Butler, Olympus Has Fallen, 300 or any of his films, to join us on the Hangout, so that they can chat to the actor with us - LIVE ON TEH INTERNETZ. Here's what our last Hangout with Hobbit actor Sylvester McCoy looked like.

Are you suitable?

The ideal community members for this must be:

• A huge fan of Gerard Butler and action films in general
  • Available to join us on a Google+ Hangout for 1 hour from around 10:30am (BST) on Tuesday, April 2nd
  • Have a webcam, good internet connection, a pair of headphones, and a well-lit room
  • Awesome and articulate!

How do you get involved?

If you think you'd like to join us, please email me directly on tbutler@ign.com stating your full name, location, your gmail email address, and three questions you'd like to ask Gerard Butler.

I'll email you back pretty quickly, so please get in touch straight away if you want to get involved!!

International Hangout Times

• Tuesday April 2nd, 11am-11:30am BST
  • Tuesday April 2nd, 3am-3:30am – San Francisco
  • Tuesday April 2nd, 6am-6:30am – New York
  • Tuesday April 2nd, 9pm-9:30pm – Sydney

me and my friends are the best gbutt fans ever, and have followed his success since 02 when he starred in cradle of life, and would have loved to have done this interview, but after having a quiet few days for easter, we have to return to our jobs as carer and nurse on that tuesday, and there is no way we can alter it.

we are both coming up to see gerry in london on the next day for his premiere, and we see him every time he comes to london. we are so lucky, as he visits london quite a lot. i met him twice last year, and we know a lot of fans have never met him as he either doesnt get to there countries, or they live too far away from where he is premiering his films.

i have always had one question to ask him, but there is never enough time at his premieres because there is so much screaming, shouting and mayhem going on, but if i could ask him a question it would be.

in his films where he has to cry, how does he do it. he cries so well, especially in attila, machine gun preacher and particularly phantom of the opera, where even his bad eye had tears rolling down his face and also his nose was running. it was amazing. do they stick an onion or smelling salts under his noise or does he just have to close his eyes and think of something very sad, and that sets him off.

me and my friends are the best gbutt fans ever, and have followed his success since 02 when he starred in cradle of life, and would have loved to have done this interview, but after having a quiet few days for easter, we have to return to our jobs as carer and nurse on that tuesday, and there is no way we can alter it.

we are both coming up to see gerry in london on the next day for his premiere, and we see him every time he comes to london. we are so lucky, as he visits london quite a lot. i met him twice last year, and we know a lot of fans have never met him as he either doesnt get to there countries, or they live too far away from where he is premiering his films.

i have always had one question to ask him, but there is never enough time at his premieres because there is so much screaming, shouting and mayhem going on, but if i could ask him a question it would be.

in his films where he has to cry, how does he do it. he cries so well, especially in attila, machine gun preacher and particularly phantom of the opera, where even his bad eye had tears rolling down his face and also his nose was running. it was amazing. do they stick an onion or smelling salts under his noise or does he just have to close his eyes and think of something very sad, and that sets him off.

Do you know something I have never heard? What bad eye? Which one is it and what happened to it?

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Thanks...turns out it would be 4AM Eastern Time---too early for me. I would get up that early in a heartbeat, but I'm at the mercy of my school's network for internet access. It shuts off at midnight and I doubt it would be back on at 4. Oh well.

'fresh' details posted in Updates

Here's all the details you need to get involved:

• When: Thursday, April 4th, 9:30am-10:00am BST (1:30am-2:00am PDT, 4:30am-5:00am EDT, 7:30pm-8:00pm AEDT)
  • Where: Right here on this page, on YouTube, and our Google+ page
  • What: IGN's Chris Tilly will be interviewing Gerard along with a few hand-picked IGN community members but if you have any questions you'd like to ask of the star of Olympus Has Fallen/Gamer/RockNRolla/300 simply post them in the comments below, or Tweet them to us @IGNUK via the hashtag #OlympusHasFallenIGN
You can also follow Gerard on Google+ and Twitter too.

Please add any replies to Updates thread!