Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Elissa

Lost a loyal friend today

This morning, our 15 year old German Shepherd/Chow mix passed away of an apparent stroke. We adopted her as a tiny puppy from the local shelter, The Animal Defense League. Aside from asthma, which she had had all her life, she was a very healthy dog, and had been seen by the vet for a routine check just a couple of months ago. She was in good condition for an elderly dog, had a good appetite, was playful, barked like crazy whenever anyone came around.

Yesterday, her asthma seemed worse than usual and she didn't want her dinner last night. This morning, she passed away peacefully in the family room. Bill buried her in the backyard and put up a little fence around her grave using some gardening border.

Posted Image

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved girl, Elissa! I know what kind of pain you are going through but know she had a good long life and was with you to the end. It was just her time to go. It's good that she did not seem to suffer much. I recently lost one of my best friends and loyal companions too. I guess we just have to look past the pain and loss of them for the good and joy they bring to our lives when they are with us and know that it's worth it.

Hugs,

Delene

Honey, I am so sorry you have all lost your good little girl. Corky was a sweetheart, and I know Bill, Erin and you will miss her...not to mention Archie. He will be lost without his buddy. When I picked you up for the movie yesterday, Corky didn't bark at me and came for scratches instead. She'd never done that before. I think she wanted to say goodbye. I'll miss her too. R.I.P., sweet girl.

Hugs to all of you,

Suzie

Corky was one of the best watchdogs anyone could have. I am certainly going to miss her. A loyal, loving friend who always met me at the door when I came home.

Good Sport :crybaby:

Elissa & William, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Corky. Being a member of your loving family meant that she had a wonderful life with you.

This "Rainbow Bridge" is my favorite. I hope it helps heal your broken hearts.

Posted Image

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

~HUGS~ Kathy

I've always loved the story of the Rainbow Bridge. Posted Image Kathy.

Thank you, Delene and Suzie. I know you both have been in this spot yourselves.

Archie knew what was happening to Corky this morning. Before she died, Archie laid down next to her on the floor and licked her face. He was saying good bye to his big sister and friend. He's been subdued today, but he's not walking around looking for her. He knows she's not here anymore. She's now with her canine and feline brothers and sisters who went before her.Posted Image