Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat,

You are right, being a grandparent is wonderful. It is our reward for being a parent.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Absolutely, and it's also a reminder of how tiring it all was LOL. But I'm lovin' in. :D

Hi Gals,

Been a long time. I hope very one is well. My life is in hyperdrive it seems. My baby that I was pregnant with when I was on here frequently is now almost 6 years old. I've been an RN for going on 3 years. Crazy busy! I wish everyone health and happiness! Check in with you again soon.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! I made it through the Irish Festival on Saturday, but the weather was absolutely horrible! It was rainy, windy, and cold! The weather was probably better in Dublin than it was in San Antonio! I hope we have good weather for the St. Patrick's Day activities this weekend.

I'm still a little sore, worse in the morning. It gets better as the day progresses. Aleve helps. I'd love to get out of going to work tomorrow, but I really can't justify calling in sick and cutting them, and my paycheck, short.

Hugs to all! Cat, keep looking out for Gerry! :D

:welcome1: back, Jobella!

Edited by Lady Elissa

I was with Elissa and Bill at the Irish Festival. I don't remember ever being so cold! Aside from the stupid rain, the freezing wind chose to make an appearance and it cut to the bone! Then I managed to twist both ankles trying to walk on numb toes! I don't drink, so didn't even have any of the Irish Antifreeze to keep me warm. :ladies_night:

When I got home, a hot bubble bath, hot soup, fuzzy socks and a warm fire were the order of the evening. Bliss....as I listened to a noisy thunder storm that had moved in and drenched all of the festival goers who were there when we left!! What ever happened to LUCK OF THE IRISH???

So good seeing some of our old friends here- - stick around, you guys!! Here's why!! :Milo4:

Suzie

Suzie, that WAS the luck of the Irish LOL. I wish we had some of that lovely rain as although we've had a few storms, our local region is going through a 'green' drought - just enough rain for green stubble but not enough to fill tanks and dams *sigh*.

JoBella :thewoman: Wow you've done a lot in these past years. Congratulations on all the hard work it's taken to get your RN and so good to hear things are going well. And handling a 6 year old at the same time.

I've just (1 hour ago) arrived back from a weekend of babysitting my 11 month old grandson. He was a delight and my health kick certainly helped in me keeping up with him. I spent most of the time on the floor being a play-gym/climbing frame for him.

Catch you all later and bit HUGS

Cat

Elissa and Suzie, I go to our Scottish Festival in Estes Park every September. One time in the snow. I've also been at the same festival (another year) and it was in the high 80's. Go figure! Too bad timing was off this year for you both.

Elissa, hope you are surviving work today.

Jobella, glad to see you back and knowing you're doing well. Come back again soon!

Cat, been there done that with my two granddaughters. I have a 6 year old and my younger will be 2 yrs March 23rd. Those are great ages. Good luck in spotting Gerry in Sydney. Remember he likes wearing hats when out and about.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I've decided I need to visit Bondi and hang around a few places in Paddington to spot Gerry - at least according to today's newspaper reports. Looks like he's thinking of buying a bicycle so I might just have to put mine on the back of the car and go for a small cycle around those places to see if I can ride beside him (camera clicking). OK. Truthfully I won't go stalking him but thinking about it is nice.

I'll be going for lunch in The Rocks in Sydney which is also a very popular spot so I'll keep an eye out and camera handy. Who knows?

Your grand-kiddies sound lovely Kathy. I must admit it's delightful to just enjoy them rather than worry about all the 'other' stuff you do when you are the parent. It's a real privilege.

I'm home today and leave for Sydney on Friday. It's a 5 hour drive with half being country roads and half freeway. I actually enjoy the drive. My friend with whom I stay lives in Curl Curl with a wonderful view over the beach. I'm a lucky lassie I think.

Catch you all later and big hugs as always

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

Cat, have a great time in Sydney! Sounds like you have a great place to stay with a beautiful view! YES, check out those places that Gerry has been to. He has a tendency to go to the same places more than once. Keep that camera handy because we all want pics!!! Make sure you tell Gerry you are a member of GALS. OH, how I envy you. Whether you see him or not just the prospect of maybe seeing him would be thrilling to me. Just being in the same city would be so cool. Enjoy your trip! Happy Hunting!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Cat, have a great time in Sydney! Sounds like you have a great place to stay with a beautiful view! YES, check out those places that Gerry has been to. He has a tendency to go to the same places more than once. Keep that camera handy because we all want pics!!! Make sure you tell Gerry you are a member of GALS. OH, how I envy you. Whether you see him or not just the prospect of maybe seeing him would be thrilling to me. Just being in the same city would be so cool. Enjoy your trip! Happy Hunting!

~HUGS~ Kathy

What Kathy said!

By the way, Kathy, I made it through work just fine and was all set to go to a Harp & Shamrock (our local Irish Society) party after work, but the event was called off at the last minute. Something about a problem with the beer kegs. :rotflmao:

Elissa, so glad to hear you made it through work and sad the 'kegs' were down and the party called off :-( Hope your sciatica stays at bay.

Kathy, I promise to send any photo's immediately should I see him. But yes, just being in the same city for a change is quite a thrill. I leave tomorrow but who's counting :-)

TTFN and Hugs

Cat

~HUGS~ Kathy

What Kathy said!

By the way, Kathy, I made it through work just fine and was all set to go to a Harp & Shamrock (our local Irish Society) party after work, but the event was called off at the last minute. Something about a problem with the beer kegs. :rotflmao:

Hey Elissa, you can't have an Irish, or Scottish, party without BEER KEGS or whiskey!! Someone's head is going to roll over that problem. :bonk:

Cat, I would be counting the hours. :highfive: Have a great time and keep your eyes peeled!!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, the beer kegs were left-over from the festival on Saturday, which had such a poor turn-out because of the awful wet, rainy, cold weather. They decided to have a party on Monday evening for those of us who braved the cold and rain to work the festival. It seems that when they set up the kegs, they wouldn't pump. Just more bad luck from the festival I guess. The weather ever since has been gorgeous. Go figure. :confused:

Kathy, the beer kegs were left-over from the festival on Saturday, which had such a poor turn-out because of the awful wet, rainy, cold weather. They decided to have a party on Monday evening for those of us who braved the cold and rain to work the festival. It seems that when they set up the kegs, they wouldn't pump. Just more bad luck from the festival I guess. The weather ever since has been gorgeous. Go figure. :confused:

So sad, all that beer and they can't get at it. So now what do they do with those kegs? Or, is there a top they can take off. To be honest I am not a beer drinker and I have no idea how kegs are put together. Naturally, the weather is great now. Typical!

~HUGS~ Kathy

It is so good to see this thread come alive!!!!

Jennipher.....so good to hear from you my dear friend. It has been so long and I am so proud of you. To have three little ones to take care of and get your nursing degree was a huge HUGE undertaking. How's you mom doing?

Cat, Oh I am so hoping that you have a close encounter of the Gerry kind!!!!!

Elissa, I knew you'd make it! Sorry that you and Suzie had to brave the horrible weather though!

I too remember those days of on the floor being a play-gym/climbing frame and wrestling with my two....the problem now is that Bry Bry is going to be 7 and with his autism I can't seem to get him to understand that taking a flying leap from a chair unto grandma's back (with no advanced warning) is going to kill both of us one of these days....lol. Fynnigan has a little more sympathy for grandma (just not much). But they are my joy!!!

Kathy, those pictures I've seen of Estes Park look so beautiful. I bet you are anxious to get home!

My life has been crazy busy! I am blessed that I get to spend a day or two with Bry Bry and Fynn every couple of weeks (sometimes more) and between my board responsibilities at SafeQuest and my church activities I managed to stay really busy. But now I am getting really involved in our local District Attorney's election (which is crazy)!!! I keep thinking about Law Abiding Citizen and how happy Clyde would be....lol. The ADA, Krishna Abrams, is running against her boss, our current DA. Krishna is the one who fought Danna's case and won a murder conviction against Kerley. I knew her boss Don Dubain didn't believe she could win the case (he told me that himself a few times since she won) but what I didn't know is just how hard Krishna had to fight HIM to even bring it to trial. He was just like Jamie Fox in the movie....more worried about his win/loss record than justice while Krishna cares more about justice being served. That alone would make me vote for Krishna but there are so many other things that I see because of my work with victims that has me actively involved for the first time in my life in politics.....giving stump speeches and all! (so not me)...lol. It's going to be a real David vs Goliath type race because Don is filthy rich and he is part of the good ol boy network locally but Krisha was named Top Prosecutor for the state of California last year and if anyone can give him a run for the money it is her!

Well, I hope you all bweekend.gif

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Sue, that makes me tired just reading it. Good luck to your candidate!

I had a great time at the St. Patrick's Day 5k run today! It was my first run ever! I was afraid my right knee or hip would bother me, but they didn't. I actually ran half of it and walked half. I was really proud of myself that I finished in under an hour! Lousy time, I know, but not bad for 65 years old and out of shape! :D I'm going to go back to the gym and start working out again. Hopefully, next year, I can cut my time down to under 30 minutes!

Our St. Patrick's Day events continue tomorrow with the River Parade and a Wreath-laying Ceremony at the Alamo on Monday. There's also an Irish Dance and Music Festival downtown today and tomorrow at the Arneson River Theater.

Edited by Lady Elissa

Sue, that makes me tired just reading it. Good luck to your candidate!

I had a great time at the St. Patrick's Day 5k run today! It was my first run ever! I was afraid my right knee or hip would bother me, but they didn't. I actually ran half of it and walked half. I was really proud of myself that I finished in under an hour! Lousy time, I know, but not bad for 65 years old and out of shape! :D I'm going to go back to the gym and start working out again. Hopefully, next year, I can cut my time down to under 30 minutes!

Our St. Patrick's Day events continue tomorrow with the River Parade and a Wreath-laying Ceremony at the Alamo on Monday. There's also an Irish Dance and Music Festival downtown today and tomorrow at the Arneson River Theater.

Well - I'm impressed. You did really good and have every right to feel proud. Sounds like a lot of fun with the St. Pat's celebrations...... :topLep:enjoy! :clap:

Bonnie

You go girl! Elissa, what are you talking about...not bad......that is great!!!!

Thanks, Sue, but I was one of the last ones to cross the finish line. The prize winners all ran in less than 25 minutes. Even old men and people running with dogs on leashes were passing me up! :bonk: I'll do better next year!

Good job, Elissa! You finished! That's something to be proud of. If you want to train for next year come to Disney World. Hubby and I fast walk the area around the Lake at Epcot and because our lungs are good from the high country in Colorado we pass up a lot of people. We are trying to stay in shape so when we go back to Estes Park we can start right in to hiking again and not have to get back in shape. High altitude hiking is a challenge. At my age you don't want to loose it because you might not get it back. Fast walking is the greatest exercise, better than running which puts stress on your knees and hips.

Sue, my hats off to you with all of the wonderful work you do. I hope and will pray that Krishna Abrams wins her election. She has already proven she is the right person for that job. Integrity in a person should be rewarded and she certainly deserves to win. Good luck to her and once again I am so impressed with all that you do to help other people.

Update on my home in Estes Park: Roads leading to Estes Park are being dynamited and re-routed and cleared out and roads rebuilt. The road and creek below our home has been worked on so people can drive on it but it will be rebuilt come Spring. One bridge has been temporarily built but there are several that will have to be built from scratch along that road, starting this Spring. The creek below us that flooded has been damaged and sewers and water pipes have to be permanently redone and the creek bed rebuilt. All of this with the Spring water run-off coming soon from the mountains adding to the problem. There is a concern in town that the Spring run-off will cause floods because there is a lot of debris in the rivers and creeks through Estes Park. 600 volunteers are now working at clearing the rivers and creeks but it is not enough for what has to be done. So, we are keeping a close look at what is going on there before we go back home. I don't want to get isolated again. Our small area in town was affected the most while most of out town is doing fine.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Kathy - I haven't been up the Canyon at all since the flood. I have heard from several people that the Canyon is all carved out and changed. A friend just went up to Estes last week (daughter and grandchildren here from Texas and the children wanted to see snow!) and they had three waits for the construction crews and falling rock area - each wait was about 20 min. long. My stepdaughterand her family from WA state and my stepson and his wife (now from Scotland) will be here next weekend - and, of course, they were all looking forward to driving up the Canyon to Estes. I don't think anyone will want to spend 1 1/2 hrs., maybe more, sitting in line.

When are you planning to return to Colorado?

Hugs

Bonnie

Wow, nice to see everyone here. My school reunion didn't happen and I'm having to stay in the Northern Suburbs of Sydney. I am staying with a friend I've known since we were 12 and at school. Unfortunately, her father had a stroke late last week and was in hospital when I got here. He died early Saturday morning at 97 years of age. Sad. So instead of travelling to the Southern Suburbs where Gerry is likely to be I'm here supporting her. She had a big family but needs a friend to support her - she's the eldest and thus keeping it all together for all her family.

Anyway, I'll keep you informed if, my a very long shot, I still get a chance to catch a glimpse of our guy.

Hugs to all

Cat

Cat, so sorry to hear about your friend's father. You are a good friend. WOW, he was 97 years old. That's amazing! May he rest in peace! Keep us posted!

Bonnie, I have heard that it is better to go to Lyons and then take the canyon road to Hy 7 and then up to Estes Park. No delays. That is what I am hearing because 34 and 36 are being worked on. Right now we plan on returning April 25th. but that could change if we hear we can't get to our home easily.

~HUGS~ Kathy