Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

me too....what a great video EM! And oh yeah...there were quite a few in that video who could be my Casanova!

Oh Elissa, what an absolutely gorgeous bride you made! 4.gif to you and Bill (who btw...made a heck of a gorgeous groom as well!)

I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty....she was part of your family for so long. th_sympathy-47-1.gif

hugs,

Sue

Elissa, so very sorry about your kitty. What a beauty. :butterfly: It's so hard to lose such a treasured family member.

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary! Hugs to you both. It was so nice to be able to catch up with you at the convention. My best to your whole family.

Hugs to all! Jilly

Jilly!!!!! So good to see you here my friend. I was so bummed when I heard you were going to be in Vegas this year...the year I couldn't come. I hope you plan on being there again next year! It's been too long since that sunny day in Redding at Starbucks~

hugs,

Sue

That was so fun getting to meet up with you in Redding way back when! I don't make that long drive nearly as much anymore but when I go by the Starbucks, I always smile.

Vegas is definitely on my "To Do" list next year. I had missed being able to go so I'm so glad it worked out this year but I sure missed seeing YOU!

:hugs: to you!

Thanks for the great video EM - I can appreciate just about all of those lovely men.

Happy Anniversary to you and Good Sport, Elissa - 30 years is amazing!! My 22nd anniversary was last Saturday but we didn't get to celebrate because my hubby was in the messiest stages of a head cold, so we'll have to do our celebrating later. So sorry to hear about your beautiful kitty, Faith, my heart is with you as it sounds like she went the same way our Whiskey did a few months ago. I still often find myself calling our new kitty, Willow, "Miss Whis" which is what I usually called Whiskey.

On Friday I'll be seeing Chris Mann in concert in San Diego - really looking forward to it. The venue is outdoors and right on the water, but not far from the airport so I'm not sure if they get noise from flights or not. Then next Tuesday I see Adam Lambert at the Del Mar Fairgrounds and on the 4th of July I see Josh Groban at the Hollywood Bowl. All 3 are outdoor venues, at least there is about 0% chance of rain.

Ok, I have to admit absolutely no Gerry in this one... But give me an R, give me an O, give me a B etc What would we love that to spell out? Right! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svKWGnrbVos

I'd love to see him in an outfit for that.... Or any outfit! Or no *drags self kicking and screaming out of thread*

Edited by NordicGirl

Hi, everyone! Longtime, no see....but here's something kinda fun trending on twitter RIGHT NOW #MentionSomeoneHandsome

I, of course, took time out to proudly display our favourite guy as our favourite Phantom...

Love Ya's....

Edited by Debrasue

Precious GALs,
I am sorry I have not posted in games or birthdays. My daughter in law had surgery been doing a lot of babysitting. Plus my diabetes is really in terrible shape. I spent a couple nights at my son's. So I only got on their computer for a few minutes yesterday. My duty was to babysit. Especially my little granddaughter. Her mama can not change her, bath her or lift her for several more weeks. I love all of you and thank the ones who welcomed me back from being a prodigal GAL..
Love, Peace, and Happiness to all of you. God bless.
Love,
Tracy
:hug:

Tracy - bless you for being a good, caring MIL, mother and grandmother! Take care of yourself, too.........

Bonnie

Precious GALs,

I am sorry I have not posted in games or birthdays. My daughter in law had surgery been doing a lot of babysitting. Plus my diabetes is really in terrible shape. I spent a couple nights at my son's. So I only got on their computer for a few minutes yesterday. My duty was to babysit. Especially my little granddaughter. Her mama can not change her, bath her or lift her for several more weeks. I love all of you and thank the ones who welcomed me back from being a prodigal GAL..

Love, Peace, and Happiness to all of you. God bless.

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

A prodigal GAL...I think there are more of us out there, checking in every once in awhile (me included)...Hi, Tracy!

Tracy - I hope your daughter-in-law recovers quickly and fully and that you get your diabetes back under control very soon. Please take care of yourself while you are taking care of others.

:wave: everyone! Well, my plan to retire in September fell apart. I was applying online for Medicare, when I found out from the Social Security website that the age for 100% Social Security benefits no longer is 65. It's 66 for folks born the year I was. Since I didn't start paying into the system until 1994, I really need to get 100% of my benefits, so I need to work another year. Luckily, I only work part time, and I like my job. It made me feel really good that when I told my coworkers and supervisor that I'll be around for another year, they all said how happy they are about that. Just one more year. The time will go by fast.

Hugs to all!

Yes it will Elissa...yes it will! Good attitude my dear.

hugs,

Sue

Sue, I'm just trying to make the best of it! However, I've worked so much lately, I've managed to re-injure or irritate the brachial plexus injury to my left arm. My left arm is really weak and the 4th and 5th fingers number than usual. Gonna have to try to rest that arm for a few days. I worked 10 hours or so today and kept dropping things, not babies, thank God, and having trouble typing, still am. I'm off now until late next week. Not gonna go in if they call before then unless my arm is much better.

My Dearest GALS,

I am in need of some advice, and I know I have always been able to rely on my GALS for real, down-to-earth support. As some of you know, I may be getting a divorce within the year, but I want to make sure that I am making the right decision. This is not any sort of abuse, betrayal, or infidelity situation, but we have been growing apart for years (we've been married for 29 years and together for almost 33 years), and I honestly don't know know if have been in love with him at all in the past 10 years, at least. At best, we're friends and co-parents, but most of the time, we're just roommates. At worst, it's roommates who don't even like each other anymore, and have nothing in common.

I would appreciate any help, advice or support.

Thank you,

Isabeau

Issy, I saw this the other day, but had to take some time to think about how to answer. First of all, let me say I'm very sorry you and your family are going through this. Have you and your husband talked about any of these issues? Have you considered talking to a counselor or pastor together? 33 years is a long time to be together, and people and relationships naturally change over time. Maybe you just need to take some time apart to see how you feel about things. Or, could be that you both need to make an effort to spend some time together to get to know each other again. I don't know. Ultimately, the decision to stay together or separate is yours. I know that wasn't much help, but, I'm here if you want to talk. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Hugs

Hi Issy, I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier either...but I didn't know what to say..... I'm just praying that you'll make the right decision. Unfortunately only YOU can make that decision.

I'll tell you what I have always told my kids...love is a choice ...we fall in love but we have to choose to love....it isn't all about emotional feelings). I love the saying I read a long time ago were old man who had been married for over 50 years said "I married my wife because I loved her and I love her now because she is my wife".

That being said I can feel your loneliness in your post and I'm so sorry. You do have so many years invested in this relationship and I would agree with Elissa that seeking outside advice/counseling may help. But that's only if both of you want to see if you can salvage your marriage. Whatever decision you make just know that we are here for you....to support you.

hugs,

Sue

Issy, I just saw this, and I have been in your shoes. In my case, my first husband and I had been together 15 years. We had very little in common and I realized I just didn't like him at all. I tried to get him to go into counseling and he announced all our problems were my fault. He was blameless (Grrrr) Anyway, one morning I was laying in bed with this very heavy feeling in my heart about facing another day of unhappiness. I suddenly looked ahead to empty years and asked myself if I still wanted to be there in 10 years. I did not, so I moved out immediately to give us some thinking space. Nothing changed and we spilt permanently. We had never had a fight, he never hit me, we just had no common ground or mutual interests. It was hard starting a life alone, but at least I was at peace....and a year later I met my Prince Charming. Funny how life works out.

That being said, 33 years is a long investment. There are many things that can be done to rekindle that loving feeling. Do get counseling together or you can go by yourself. If you still are in LIKE, it's worth saving the relationship.

God bless you and guide you both.

Love,

Suzie

Hi Issy, I know I don't post often but I'm hear reading quite often. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I tend to think these sort of thing simply come about because people change over time. If you've both changed to such an extend that you are not friends anymore, then maybe a trial separation might be the answer. However, if there is still a friendship, there might be some hope. But like everyone has already mentioned, some outside, clear headed assistance might be a first step. You may have forgotten what you had in common while bringing up the children, trying to stay financially viable and keeping a house mortgage or rent going and holding down jobs. At the end you've lost contact with each other. Where you go to from here will not be easy whichever path you choose.

All I can say is that my thoughts are with you and your husband and like everyone else, we are here for you.

Issy, I can't add anything to the wise words you've already heard here. But know that I am no more than a phone call away. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more when you were here-crazy weekend for us here. But you know that I love you very much and am here whenever you need. Hugs to you, girlfriend.

Iss, I'm kind of new here and hesitate to stick myself in, but I know where you're coming from and just wanted to lend support for whatever you decide.

For what it's worth, I've stayed. Mostly because we moved halfway around the world together and our support system isn't that big here, so we've had to rely on each other a lot more than when we lived in the States. We're also in therapy, though it's not specifically couples therapy; it's ostensibly parenting support because one of our children has severe mental health issues. But we get to air enough of our s**t that it still is enormously helpful.

The question I guess is, is it better to be together and not thrilled or alone? No guarantees either way.

Hi, Saga! :welcome1: to the Support Center!

AnimatedGifWelcome14.gif Saga....take a seat and have a :Gerritas:!! My name is Sue and I'm a widow who lives in Northern CA. I had a very short marriage when I was very young that I knew would never work (after only months into the marriage) but I was pregnant so I tried for almost a year to make it last for our son's sake. But I soon realized that it would be more detrimental (for not only me but for my son) to stay in the relationship. My son, Bryan, was only 9 months old when we divorced so that wasn't an issue. By the time Bryan could really understand my late hubby was already in his life and would be forever....he has a relationship with his "father" but his "dad" was always my Dan'l...my late husband. So I was really blessed.

Please don't hesitate to post and share here...there is where we get to know you and make friends!!!

hugs,

Sue

Thanksfor the welcomes. :)

To be honest, this (my Gerry obsession) is kind of my escape from the marriage. It works fine enough, giving me something (someone!) to focus on because sometimes thinking about something/someone beautiful is necessary for one's own sanity. That's just how it has to be to keep peace in the home.

I think it's actually a relatively healthy way to deal with marital boredom/dysfunction. Obsessing about some fella at the office or in the neighborhood would be a problem. But about a movie star that I have zero interest even in ever actually meeting, not even to say hello to? (Really, no interest. Ever. Well, that is unless the Star Trek holodeck becomes a reality in my lifetime. Now, that's a whole 'nother story. Then I'd probably just keep a "Gerry program" at the ready 24/7. :D .)

Have been a little on overload with it lately, way too much time mooning over stray links with his name or picture on them, but haven't neglected my family or lost any clients or neglected my work because of it yet, so it's all good.

:Gerritas:

:D Overload huh? That my dear is what Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome is all about :cunning: . I had the best husband in the world .... so I guess I've never really delved into why I started my obsession with Gerry (I guess it's just my nature :multicigs: )....as a child it was Elvis and Dr. Kildare .... when I was 12 I fell in love with the Beatles (dating myself here) and they became my obsession through my teen years (especially Paul) and than it was Kris Kristofferson and than Gerry. And I STILL love all of them. My hubby and I were together for over 35 years and he knew that about me and he always indulged me. Our last outing before he became too sick to leave the house anymore was to see "The Ugly Truth". I knew he really didn't feel well and I told him I would watch it on DVD when it came out. He just gave me his sly smile and said "Now, would I pass up the opportunity to watch you watch Gerry on the big screen!". That was my Dan'l. Now that he is gone and I have no interest in ever finding another man to replace him (because I know I couldn't) I'll stick with Gerry...lol.

btw...I'm sorry to hear about your child's mental health issues. My beloved grandson Bry Bry (so we can tell him and my son Bryan apart) has autism and I know how difficult having a "special child" can be. I hope that coming here can help you escape real life for awhile.

hugs,

Sue