Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Paisleyscot

Sorry...I should have posted here yesterday as well as sending out some PM's I sent out.

Kathy sent me an email yesterday and while they have had very limited power and cannot drive out of their neighborhood they are SAFE! So that means Kathy, Leslie and Bonnie are all safe ... thank You Lord! Kathy's situation in her words:

The army is here to evacuate people but many like us have to winterize our homes first since we will not be coming back here until the Spring, hopefully. We are heading to Florida, if we can get out of here. Gas lines were broken because of the Fish Creek erosion and sewage pipes are gone. Roads over the creek are gone and many people are isolated. There is only one way out for us, because we are on a mountain side, and that is via Fish Creek Road. Estes Park and Colorado needs your prayers. I no longer have land line phone service, our cell phones worked today for the first time but it goes out from time to time. Our Internet was out until this afternoon and it only works for minutes and then goes out again. Our poor sons didn't know how we were until last night at 10:00 PM our neighbor came over with their cell phone so we could use it since they just got their's to work.

We are isolated because we can't get our car out because we have a mountain behind us and the flooded out road below us. We will have to walk out with our luggage and meet up with someone down the road past the washed out areas of Fish Creek. Once out, we can get into town via the Army trucks and then sign up for Shuttle Service to a motel at the airport.

So please keep up the prayers for all of the people affected by this deadly storm.

hugs,

Sue

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so relieved our Colorado GALS are safely accounted for! Thanks for the pm and the update here, Sue.

As promised, here are some sunset pictures from North Padre Island near Corpus Christi, Texas on the Gulf of Mexico.

th_beachsunset2.jpg

th_beachsunset3.jpg

th_beachsunset4.jpg

th_beachsunset1.jpg

Beautiful pictures Elissa...thanks for posting them!!!

Wasn't this one of the areas almost totally destroyed a few years back with hurricanes?

hugs,

Sue

Oh good to hear everyone is OK, even if you still have somewhat of a trial ahead of you Kathy. Hopefully, you get out OK and the house will be fine for winter. At least it will be warmer (if not entirely drier) in Florida.

Thinking of you all.

Cat

PS weather here is currently gale force winds and we've had to batten down the hatches. Hopefully it will abate by this afternoon. We are all OK except for a few tree limbs to clear when the weather does.

Stay safe Cat....

Texas is too darn big for me to remember Elissa...lol.

Jeez, more horrible killings today I see. I called my sister in law to check on my nephew who is in the Navy stationed in Washington D.C. He, thank God is at the pentagon so wasn't affected except that they were on lock down most of the day.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Thanks Sue, will do. More bad weather on the way but it will not be so bad as the last 12 hours. It seems the weather god (or say climate change) is being felt everywhere.

I love the pictures by the way Elissa. Lovely.

Yes, Sue, very scary for all in the military really. I can never understand why killing makes sense to anyone. My heart breaks for all those families affected.

Cat

Thank you Sue for keeping us updated on the Colorado GALS. I so love Colorado and it breaks my heart to see and hear of the devastation there. I've vacationed at Estes Park a few times, and the YMCA of the Rockies is there where we stayed all but one of our visits. I've been afraid to look and see how they've been impacted. I have a dear friend who lives in Longmont and she said she was safe from the flood waters but somewhat isolated because most of the city is cut off by the flooding. My prayers are with all.

I love everyone's sunset pictures. I'm very partial to photographing interesting skies, whether it is clouds or sunsets or sunrises.

Tomorrow I am leaving for Las Vegas for the iHearRadio Music Festival on Friday night. It will be the most incredible concert of my life!! I'll be seeing over a dozen acts including Elton John, with the headliners being Queen fronted by Adam Lambert and "special guests". Seeing Queen + Adam has been #1 on my bucket list for over a year and my ticket arrived today (yay!!). I'll be having dinner with Marlene and hopefully DeAndre and Belinda too on Saturday night. I'll give them hugs from all the GALS.

Hi all!

Elissa, love your pictures! They give me the peace of mind that I could use right now. Why are sunsets so relaxing to the soul?

I am ready to leave Estes Park Friday on a John Deere gator, no less. A friend of ours has one and he will come over hills and land to get us, luggage and all, to take us 2 miles to where the shuttle bus will be waiting for us. He will take us to a Denver airport hotel and the next day we will fly to Orlando. By then we will need a little fantasy life at Disney World after all that we have been through. I can't believe how quickly Estes Park is coming back to life. It pays to have a town full of hard working, dedicated people who love their town. It is now open to tourists and the downtown has been cleaned up with many stores opened. Volunteers are helping store owners clean out their stores. Work is going on everywhere including construction on a road across Fish Creek right in front of our subdivision so the people staying in our area will soon be able to take their car to town. It will be only for the winter but if it works people will be so excited. Now they just need to get on the sewers before winter and people will be cheering around here. The rest can wait until Spring because there is a lot of roadwork that needs getting done here in Colorado.

Susan~Sporran, Estes Park will be as beautiful as it ever was. Probably even more beautiful because they keep improving and getting better. The YMCA is fine. Their roads took a hit but they are fine. If you saw the raging water flowing downtown and the broken roads and bridges as creeks and rivers turned into raging waters you wouldn't believe it would look this good so soon. So many wonderful stories on how people came together to help those who need it. I am proud of this town. We were cut off from the world when all three roads that come into town were damaged and we had no land line phone, no Internet, no cell phones and no power but we all came through it by helping neighbors.

I'll let you all know when I am finally in Florida.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Susan, :wave: - I wish you all the fun in the world at your Festival - it sounds brilliant. Maybe a picture or two when you get back to make us all jealous :-)

Kathy, so glad all is well with you and you are heading out. Yes, a few days of R&R sound like just what you need. I am sure all will be well for winter and I assume you will return in the Spring.

The weather here has settled and today we have the most beautiful spring day. We had some friends who had damage to their house from a very large tree branch but otherwise we all did rather well from the gale *Phew!*. I just had a very hard time cleaning the pool today but that's nothing to complain about really. Not like Kathy's town - it's so nice to hear how everyone pitches in. It happens here too. Earlier this year we had bush fires followed by heavy rain in the Shire but not as bad as northern New South Wales and in Victoria. It seems the weather is getting dangerous all over the world.

Take care all, and HI to Sue and Elissa too,

Cat

th_small.jpg

This is me and my neighbor driving a John Deere gator. Hubby took pic while we were looking into the sun so my eyes are closed. That's my home in the background. We are on the side of a mountain so our home and roads are fine. It was our only way out of our neighborhood since the roads below us are washed out. We drove over rough terrain but got through it. Our neighbor, bless his heart, took two trips to get us and our luggage out and drove 2 miles down the road so we could get the Estes Park shuttle bus to the airport hotel. We flew out the next day because we left at noon and got to our hotel at 5:00 PM. The route out of town was way out of our way but the only way out. We had to stop at times while road machinery pulled rocks and boulders off of the road. They kept coming down. We met many trucks coming up because it was the only way trucks could bring up supplies and fuel to our town. LOTS of traffic on that one road. We are now here in our home in Florida and guess what. IT IS RAINING and has been since we arrived. I am SO sick of rain. I just heard on the weather report that LOTS of rain is still on the way here. If I fall into a sink hole I will know it was fate. BUT, I am better off here than back in my neighborhood in Colorado. The sewers were ripped out in the flood so Porto-potties were being used. I read today that the winds picked up and three Porto-potties were blown over. A third had someone in it and 911 was called to get them out. So not fun!!! My poor neighbors. Our neighborhood was hit hard because of the floods below us that took out roads and bridges. We were left isolated. Amazing how much the town got done before I left. The town is already back in business but only one road into town.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh Kathy....and yet you still look so good in that picture. I'm afraid I would have looked like death warmed over by what you had to go through! lol. And NOOOOO, I refuse to believe that you will fall into a sink hole in Florida after all you've been through my dear friend!!!! Hopefully the sun will be out soon. Now that you are safe and secure I will share my greatest fear. I knew you lived on a mountain side in the rockies but it was the rocks and boulders that I feared might be above you that I worried about most. But your gorgeous home is still gorgeous and for that I am very thankful and blessed (so I certainly know you are). I am still praying for your neighbors. As I posted on the wee ones thread Toni and Fynnigan are leaving Thursday for Denver for the weekend. I am praying that Denver is in much better shape!

love and hugs,

Sue

Kathy, thanks for the update and the photo. Even from this side of the world there were people thinking of you and your fellow townies. I'm glad everyone is getting back on track. Despite the fact that it would be absolutely awful to have it happen, I did have a quiet giggle at the poor person trapped in the porta potty that fell over. It is both the stuff of nightmares and of slapstick comedy. I hope they were OK when rescued.

I bet you are totally sick of the rain but I agree with Sue, a sinkhole may not be in your future after everything that's happened recently.

Just think good Gerry thoughts and keep watching his movies while you are trapped inside. Good excuse anyway .... :rotflmao:

I'm off to Sydney tomorrow (a 5 hour drive) to visit a very close friend for her birthday - we are going to have high tea at the Stamford at Circular

Quay on Sunday - very pukka - little pinkies raised as we sip our china tea cups and all. Should be fun.

As always, thinking of you and big hugs

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

Thanks Sue and Cat for your warm comments.

Cat...Estes Park has a great sense of humor. They are now having a "decorate your porta-potty" contest. This is an example of what they have been doing with them.

th_EstesPark-1.jpg I have been watching Gerry movies while it has been raining here. You know they were the first thing I packed at home. Hubby didn't know that. LOL! He said to make the luggage light and that we could buy what we needed here. WELL, there is nothing lighter than a DVD, RIGHT? Of course, I did pack LOTS of them. :D:cunning:

Enjoy your high tea!! What fun!!!!

Sue...Denver is fine as well as the airport. It was really around the Boulder area and on up to Lyons and Estes Park that got hit the hardest. The water has receded and the clean-up has started all over.

I also had concerns about the rocks and boulders high above our home. Everyone did in our neighborhood. You just have to hope they are secure and dug in. So far no one has had a problem. I have been keeping in touch with our neighbors and we even have a private group page on Facebook so everyone can share news and stories. It is a great way for me to find out what is being done. I can't believe the positive attitude of the people in town. They are even going to put on the Elk Festival this week-end. Only one road into town and it is the LONG route to Estes and from what I heard people are coming from the front range to support Estes Park. It makes me feel so happy for everyone there. They have worked so hard and there is so much more to be done with the infrastructure.

~HUGS~ Kathy

This is a very old post, and I'm wondering how things are working out with you Issy?

I'm sorry to hear about your job. I've seen this so much in my 40 years work career. Sometimes it has been to save the company money through salary cuts, sometimes it's been a matter of younger worker, but of course they can't admit that, but that sometimes still results in a smaller salary to be paid.

I'm sorry to hear about anyone getting a divorce. It's a shame to see years of trying to make a life together work out fail.

I wish you the very best. I don't know how old you are but I hope you have enough years to build another career and if necessary another successful marriage.

I'll tell you now that everyone here prays for you for your life to be happy.

We are all sisters here.

Sandy

Ahh, finally back on line. I was getting withdrawal symptoms :multicigs:

Glad to hear most of you are now doing well. Love the porta potty decorations. Have shown hubby and he was most impressed at the creativity Kathy.

I'm in Sydney for a friends birthday and we enjoyed a wonderful High Tea at the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay. Quite posh :D

Back home tomorrow. Chat to everyone then.

Cat :wave:

:wave: everyone! I'm sitting here listening to the roar of giant fans coming from my kitchen. Darn air-conditioner drain stopped up and flooded the kitchen, part of the dining room, and the pantry late Tuesday night. The plumber came out and got the drain opened up. He left at midnight. I'm just glad we were still up when the flood happened. It would have been much worse if we had already gone to bed. A water-removal company came and set up fans Wednesday morning. A contractor is coming on Monday to see what kind of repairs will need to be made. Thankfully, our homeowners insurance will pay for all but our deductible.

Edited by Lady Elissa

Oh yikes, Elissa. So sorry about the backed up drain. Someone will have to explain to me why these things happen at night or on holidays. Glad you've got help coming in.

Thanks, Dayna, and anyone else helping with bringing the site back up. Your time and effort is truly appreciated.

:tantrum:This is going to sound really mean to some people...BUT I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY 21 YR OLD DAUGHTER MOVES OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! She is driving me insane with her constant nitpicking and complaining about little things. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, but she is driving me nuts! It's like I'm the daughter and she's the mother. I leave the house, she asks me where I'm going, when I'm coming back, and if I am gone longer than she thinks I should be, she calls and asks why I'm not home yet! And, god forbid, I don't answer when she calls, or she'll call over and over! I'm 51 yrs old, for crying out loud! It doesn't help that neither one of us has a job right now, so we're both home nearly all of the time.

I have tried and tried to tell her how irritating all this is, and she'll tone it down for a little while, but then it's back. Arrrgh!!! :curse: DEAR FREAKING GAWD, I CAN'T EVEN TYPE THIS WITHOUT HER COMPLAINING THAT I'M IGNORING HER!!!

Thank you for putting up with this rant.

Issy

OMG Issy but I totally understand. :crybaby: I have the same problem but at least we don't live together anymore. But even when she comes to visit it's always 'do this, this way,' and oh dear if I bother to give an opinion - I'm always wrong or 'just don't understand'.... really?. She's 33 and I'm 61 and it doesn't change. So I totally think you should complain and I'm one who understands. And the worst part is that if you say anything it's your problem not hers. Oh my.... but the frustration. I'm feeling for you very very much. Maybe go apartment hunting with her and tell her the one you hate - that's the one she'll probably move into LOL. OK, not funny really.

Just remember this Issy, it is your daughter who has the problem and do what she did when she was a teen, rebel. Don't answer the phone, and go where you want because you will be in trouble anyway so it might as well be for a good reason. Don't let her run your life - think of Gerry and have fun.

And of course I know you love her to pieces, same as I do for my gorgeous daughter .... just not in the same house :p

Big hugs from me. And let rip anytime here, that's what it's for.

Cat

PS - Thanks for all the hard work in getting the site back up everyone (hugs Dayna for all the stress).

Edited by Terry's Witch

The water extraction company picked up all their noisy equipment on Saturday. It looks like we have damage to our hardwood floor in the dining room, some of the baseboards in the kitchen, and the pantry linoleum floor. Actually, that floor is gone. The water removal folks pulled the pantry floor up, so it's bare slab. The contractor sent by our insurance company came out today to appraise the damages and cost to make repairs. So, now, we're playing the wait and see game. I asked about rerouting the drain to prevent this from happening again, since this is the second time it's happened. The appraiser said the insurance company probably won't cover it because the insurance company restores things to the way they were, they don't usually make improvements on the property.

For those who are interested, the 2013 Gerry Character Survivor game is up and running. New players are always welcome! Here's the link to the game.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44696#entry1512236

Issy, my daughter and I had some mega-shouting matches when she was a teenager. Now that she's 27, we get along famously, especially since she has her own apartment now, although, sometimes I do feel like our roles are reversed when she tries to tell me what to do. :p

Dayna, I'm so sorry you've had so much trouble with the server! :thankyou: for all you do for us!

Edited by Lady Elissa