Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

So glad the site's back up and running smoothly. We've had connection troubles at my end so it's been tough to visit from either direction.

Thanks to the admins for all the effort, always ...

Hot windy day today so I'm staying inside and hiding in front of my computer. Too windy to even dip into the pool *sigh* - get my ears blown off. Hopefully, the winds will abate over the next week or so and we will get nice spring weather.

Elissa, sometimes you wonder about insurance companies. If this has happened before you would think they would fix the problem permanently. Oh well. Not nice to have all the floors pulled up, and then for a second time. Thinking of you. Hope it all works out.

BTW Elissa, I think your siggy by Ladyfran is brilliant.

Cheers ladies,

Cat

Thanks, Cat. The hardwood floors in the dining room are the original floors from when this house was built in 1962. The last time the air-conditioner's drain overflowed, that floor was undamaged. I hope this time, since it is damaged, it can be sanded down and refinished. We're waiting to hear back from the insurance company or contractor.

Elissa, after seeing homes destroyed in Estes Park and seeing what damage water can do I know how you are feeling. It will all get fixed and hopefully the insurance company will pay for all of the damage. I was lucky that our home in Estes Park was not touched by water but we still had to leave and probably for many months to come while repairs to roads, bridges and sewers are completed. The winter will slow the process down. I will always sympathize when I hear people have water damage. A real nightmare.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I enjoyed seeing this pic of the Gals at the convention. I wish they would each post where they are in the photo. Would be fun to connect a face with the names.

con13.jpg

Bonnie

Issy, things do get better when the dear ones find their own place. Suddenly you will be so much smarter. It's nice when they come over voluntarily just to chat. Hang in there.

I know I've been absent a lot. Dealing with RL really is hard sometimes. Mother has Alzheimer's/Dementia, but is not far enough along for her to realize she needs assistance. She can't understand why she has to live in a facility instead of her own place. It is so sad to leave here there in tears when I've had her out for a visit. The doctors tell me it will only get worse.

For those of you who still have parents or loved ones who are healthy, you are truly blessed. Cherish every day you have with them. "The Long Goodbye" is gutting.

Sending out tight hugs to all my sweet GALfriends!

Suzie

Suzie - I know the feeling. I experienced it with my mother. I would love to have her back for just one day - to tell her how much I love her and what a good mother she was. Why didn't I say it before? Say it now, you guys!

Bonnie

Suzie, I went through dementia with my Dad so I know what you're going through. I found it very hard with both my parents (Mum had cancer) when it was time for me to become the caring adult and they the children. It was unexpected and very hard to come to terms with. I was lucky because I'm a bit of a softie and always told my parents how much they meant to me.

I found the only way through was simply to accept it was my turn to care for them, even if they didn't know it or couldn't appreciate it. It kept me sane, along with the support of my husband.

Big hugs Suzie and thinking good and positive thoughts for you.

Cat

:hugs: to you, Suzie, Bonnie, and Cat. I lost my father in 1996 and my mother in 1999. They were 69 and 70 years old when they died. My father died of complications from Emphysema and my mother had a heart attack. My biggest regret is that they lived so far away and although we spoke by telephone every few days, we had not lived in the same city for 30 years. We only saw each other face to face in the summer and at Christmas. After my father died, we tried to convince my mother to move here to San Antonio, but she refused to leave her home. I don't know what's harder. Losing a parent after a long illness, or losing them suddenly.

Elissa, loosing a parent is difficult either way I think, but especially if you can't be near them. I look at my children (now in their 30's) and wonder if there is something I should say or do to make it easier for them when the time comes. It's funny to see it from the perspective of a parent.

Cat

Elissa, loosing a parent is difficult either way I think, but especially if you can't be near them. I look at my children (now in their 30's) and wonder if there is something I should say or do to make it easier for them when the time comes. It's funny to see it from the perspective of a parent.

Cat

Yes, that. ( <- says the gal who moved across the ocean from her folks )

I am feeling really depressed today, and I should be feeling thankful as today is my first day at my new job. Instead of being excited, I am fighting back tears.

The past two months have been so incredibly difficult, and things are still not as good as I had hoped. I am failing my children and my dogs, and the harder I try to fix things, the more it feels like they are falling apart. No child should have to live in a hotel room. I just keep praying every night that things will fall into place and get better.

Just hoping to make the holidays happy for my little one, and not be in the hotel any longer.

Bellawolfe - I'm sorry you are so down. Sounds like a tough situation. We lived in a hotel room once. We had moved to a new town where my parents had purchased the local bakery. We stayed in a hotel until we could find a place to live. When my parents left in the mornings they locked the door - and my sister and I stayed there until they came home. I'm sure it was harder on them than on my sister and me. Sometimes being a parent is just hard. May I pray with/for you?

Hugs

Bonnie

Bella, it sounds tough. I have no idea how you are doing it so I think you have more courage than anyone I know. I was a 'latch-key' kid. My parents were migrants and we lived in one-room hovels for at least three years till they got on their feet (I was 7 at the time). They went to work early in the morning and came home late at night (Mum around 7pm, Dad later). I got myself off to school and home again and, once I was about 10 and we'd moved to a place with a kitchen, I cooked. That place was several rooms in an old house with people living in the other rooms and sharing the kitchen. What it did was make me was strong and independent. I loved my parents as your children love you. I knew, even at that young age, that my parents were doing it tough but they were doing it for me.

I'm sure your children understand and love you. I know you don't have someone to hold your hand at night like my parents. I hope that might change someday.

So don't feel depressed. Hold you head up and be proud that you can do this - work for your kids and a better life for all of you.

Big Hugs and thinking of you always

Cat

:wuv::comfort: I am hoping that everything works out for you and that you will be able to feel good again.

Mousie

I know I've been absent a lot. Dealing with RL really is hard sometimes. Mother has Alzheimer's/Dementia, but is not far enough along for her to realize she needs assistance. She can't understand why she has to live in a facility instead of her own place. It is so sad to leave here there in tears when I've had her out for a visit. The doctors tell me it will only get worse.

For those of you who still have parents or loved ones who are healthy, you are truly blessed. Cherish every day you have with them. "The Long Goodbye" is gutting.

Sending out tight hugs to all my sweet GALfriends!

Suzie

I am so sorry you are going through this, Suzie. My Bill is steadily progressing, and sometimes I don't think I can stand watching it happen. My mother has dementia, but it is not Alzheimers, so she's just very forgetful at this point, and is happy with her new hubby. My hubby just turned 69. Dementia almost something you expect with someone in their mid 80's like my mom, but 69 is just too young, and I know I have many more years of watching this awful process. I'm glad your mom is in a place where she can be safe and taken care of, and I hope you still have good times ahead with her, even if they are only special moments.

You are right, Suzie. Sometimes life is just plain hard. Nathan just went through another health crisis which the doctor's thought was a resurgence of the crohns/colitis that nearly killed him in 2004. Fortunately that was not the case, and the exploritory surgery revealed that he had an infection not related to his past illnesses. However, it now appears that he may have type 2 diabetes. He has to undergo further tests to confirm it or not. My hubby has type 2, and up until just a few years ago, with a good diet, the proper medication, and exercise-he has done quite well. But it's when people begin to age that even mild cases of the disease begin to take their toll. Nathan certainly doesn't need another serious disease to contend with.

Some days I am just overwhelmed.

I am feeling really depressed today, and I should be feeling thankful as today is my first day at my new job. Instead of being excited, I am fighting back tears.

The past two months have been so incredibly difficult, and things are still not as good as I had hoped. I am failing my children and my dogs, and the harder I try to fix things, the more it feels like they are falling apart. No child should have to live in a hotel room. I just keep praying every night that things will fall into place and get better.

Just hoping to make the holidays happy for my little one, and not be in the hotel any longer.

I'm so sorry, Bella. It broke my heart to read your post just now. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers to all going through a crisis right now whether it be temporary or long term. Know that you have a group of folks that love and support you no matter what the path is right now. It would be nice to be able to wave a magic wand and make things easier but know that you are, indeed, loved.

:hugs: to all.

Thank you to everyone for their support and prayers. :wuv:

I was turned down again by the latest apartment complex that I applied to, which will most likely be the answer from all of them with a foreclosure on my credit report now.

My only alternative now is to try and apply for section 8 housing, which isn't always the "nicest" crowd of people.

To make things worse, after my post earlier, I got a flat and then discovered that I had to replace all four tires. I need a break from the bad!

If anyone else is experiencing hardships right now, I know how you feel and hope that your difficulties can be overcome soon and I am praying for you!

~Bells

Our thoughts are with you Bella. Sending positive vibes for a change in your circumstances soon. Big Hugs.

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

I'm giving it another try today, an apartment opened on the street that we really would like to live on, so I am off to get an application in asap!

I got my first paycheck, it was only for three days, so it was quite depressing!! LOL I was able to talk to my oldest daughter this weekend though, so I was really happy. I miss her like crazy!! :(

The little one got another UTI, which of course cost money being the base urgent care isn't open on weekends. Always a setback, but eventually things will be good again and little setbacks won't be so hard to handle.

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers, they are 110% appreciated and needed!! I love each and every one of you, and will always be available with good thoughts and compassion when you need a friend as well!

~Bella

It's nice to have people to talk to, even if it's face to face. BTW, I adore your siggy, it's so cute and a delightful picture of Gerry.

I'll keep telling the universe that this apartment WILL be yours. Hope it helps.

Cat

Bella- Congrats on the apartment! I know things will keep getting better for you now.

th_a.gif

Wishing all of my galfriends and sisters a blessed Thanksgiving (if you are on this side of the pond that is).

Busy, busy time of the year...but I always love coming here and catching up!

hugs,

Sue

I am really ticked off. Our front lawn had some tall weeds in the front yard, and I was planning to have my nephew come over one day next week and do the front and back lawns for us. One of our neighbors decided to call the city and report us for code compliance violation instead of asking us about it. I know who it was because I saw the officer park in front of our house and go over on foot to their house. I thought it was odd that a car would park in front of our house and go to a neighbor's house instead at the time. A few minutes later, he rang our doorbell and presented Bill with a warning. The officer is coming back on Dec 9th to make sure we have complied with mowing the lawn. Bill got the weed eater out and took care of the weeds in the front yard shortly after the officer left. My nephew is coming on Tuesday to clean up anything he missed and to do the back yard. Whatever happened to asking a neighbor "hey, what's up with your yard?" Bill is 68 years old and I am 65. For all this neighbor knows, neither of us is physically capable of doing the yard, or one of us could have been ill. They certainly didn't come over here to see how we're doing. We've lived in this house since 1984. First time we've ever had a visit from the code compliance police. Sorry for the rant the day before Thanksgiving. I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday. Happy Chanukah too, for my Jewish Gals!

Edited by Lady Elissa