Paisleyscot

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that looks amazing

thank you so much.

I had better add my latest here.

This is the donation I have sent to Las Vegas for the 2013 Convention, happy bidding

Posted Image

and here is my latest I finished a couple of nights ago

Posted Image

I have started my next one but you will have to be patient and wait for page one. Haha

Hugs

June

Edited by Arwen

And may I happily add that I am the proud owner of the top one and the last one of those June masterpieces. Posted Image them!

hugs,

Sue

PART #6 ALREADY!! WOW! Great opening page Cheryl!! Love looking at June's beautiful work!

Sue...so jealous that you have those two pieces. They are AWESOME!! If I didn't have a hubby I would be getting one. Hubby is very good about Gerry and goes to all of his movies with me but I don't think he would like Gerry displayed on our walls. ;)

June...Can't wait to see which Gerry masterpiece you are working on now!! When you display Page #1 it will be like a puzzle piece that we have to fit into a pic of Gerry. :)

~HUGS~ Kathy

LOL...I totally understand Kathy. I would not have these proudly displayed if my beloved was still with me. He was the bestest hubby in the world but even he had limits....lol. He did however pose for me with wee Gerry:

Posted Image His wth is he doing in my house look.

Posted Image

God, I miss my honey so much...

hugs,

Sue

LOL...I totally understand Kathy. I would not have these proudly displayed if my beloved was still with me. He was the bestest hubby in the world but even he had limits....lol. He did however pose for me with wee Gerry:

Posted Image His wth is he doing in my house look.

Posted Image

God, I miss my honey so much...

hugs,

Sue

Sue...Your hubby had a great sense of humor. I don't think I could get my hubby to pose with "Gerry". BUT, he did take my Gerry doll outside to get a picture of him in the natural light so I could post him here in his new wetsuit. Of course, he put him on my deck post high above the ground. Could he have wanted a breeze to come along and knock him to the ground far below??? I often wondered. ;)

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh June!

A new thread already! Love seeing all your works at the head of the page. There are so many but I know there are more than that! Looks great, Cheryl.

Kathy and Sue: I also have a hubby not a fan story about the wonderful cross-stitch from June that I have. After I had it a while and it was still in the tube June mailed him to me in, I decided to go for it and framed it and put it on the wall in my computer room. Wayne did not notice it for while then he said "who's he?" I just told him it was a cross-stitch artwork of my fav movie star by my friend June sent all the way from The Isle of Man. [sorry, June, I don't think Wayne had ever heard of the Isle of Man before then.] He thought I was joking but did not laugh. "Well, send him back!" he growled. "NO way! I love it and I am keeping it."

So I sort of compromised. I rehung my Sham's Boy (that June named him) in the room behind the door so when Wayne is using the computer and the door is open, he does not see it. He never closes the door. But when it's my turn to use the computer and I close the door--then I have Gerry all to myself again. :ohbaby:/>/>

I especially love Sham's Boy cause it was one of the very first of her artwork she sent out and when first saw it--I was blown away by the quality of her piece and I did all I could to encourage her to share her work with us--that others would love it as much as I did. The rest is history and many pieces of wonderful art later. Thanks for all you share with us, June.

hugs to all,

Diane

Here is "Sham's Boy". Isn't he wonderful? :love:/>

Posted Image

Oh June!

A new thread already! Love seeing all your works at the head of the page. There are so many but I know there are more than that! Looks great, Cheryl.

Kathy and Sue: I also have a hubby not a fan story about the wonderful cross-stitch from June that I have. After I had it a while and it was still in the tube June mailed him to me in, I decided to go for it and framed it and put it on the wall in my computer room. Wayne did not notice it for while then he said "who's he?" I just told him it was a cross-stitch artwork of my fav movie star by my friend June sent all the way from The Isle of Man. [sorry, June, I don't think Wayne had ever heard of the Isle of Man before then.] He thought I was joking but did not laugh. "Well, send him back!" he growled. "NO way! I love it and I am keeping it."

So I sort of compromised. I rehung my Sham's Boy (that June named him) in the room behind the door so when Wayne is using the computer and the door is open, he does not see it. He never closes the door. But when it's my turn to use the computer and I close the door--then I have Gerry all to myself again. :ohbaby:

I especially love Sham's Boy cause it was one of the very first of her artwork she sent out and when first saw it--I was blown away by the quality of her piece and I did all I could to encourage her to share her work with us--that others would love it as much as I did. The rest is history and many pieces of wonderful art later. Thanks for all you share with us, June.

hugs to all,

Diane

Here is "Sham's Boy". Isn't he wonderful? :love:

Posted Image

Diane...No wonder your hubby didn't want to look at Gerry. That is an absolutely gorgeous piece with Gerry. *SIGH* and *THUD*. I'm glad you worked it out so you could enjoy it and hubby doesn't feel any jealousy since he doesn't see it. Also, thank you for getting June to post her beautiful pieces of art here so we all can enjoy them. They are fabulous!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh June!

So I sort of compromised. I rehung my Sham's Boy (that June named him) in the room behind the door so when Wayne is using the computer and the door is open, he does not see it. He never closes the door. But when it's my turn to use the computer and I close the door--then I have Gerry all to myself again. :ohbaby:/>/>/>/>

hugs to all,

Diane

Here is "Sham's Boy". Isn't he wonderful? :love:/>/>/>

Posted Image

Diane - I love your story about Wayne. I have always been amazed at how some husbands accept Gerry's place in their wives' lives. My husband would not have done so. I, too, especially love your Sham's Boy. It is a very, very handsome pic of Gerry.......and June's cross stitching is beautiful.

Bonnie

Wow

you blow me away. I just thought I would pop by and see if anyone was around, and you have been in and out chatting.

Sue, I know you miss your hubby but you have lots of memories, you see even Gerry got in on the act Hehehe.

I am forever grateful to Diane for pushing me here in the early days, after all these years I seem to have found my niche.

Kathy I know you do cross stitch yourself and if ever you want one of the patterns to have a go yourself, just ask, I would be happy to send you one.

Thanks Bonnie for your lovely comments, they are much appreciated

I love the way Cheryl has arranged the first post, it looks terrific.

Well I better get on, thank you all for your continued support, makes me want to carry on and make more and more.

Big Hugs to all of you

June

Hi June, glad you liked the opening of your new thread! I LOVE the Phantom piece you're donating to the Convention. I think I'll be bidding on that for sure.

I'll be in your neck of the woods this August. I'll be in London for 9 days in August. Then in Paris for about 4 days followed by Edinburgh for 8 days and finally Windsor for a couple of days.

Sue I know how much you miss Dan'l. I do like seeing you post pics of him and yourself. I think it's a good thing GF. Keeps his spirit around. Love ya!

Hugs all,

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

That sounds like a great trip, some fantastic things to see and do in all those places.

Hope you enjoy it.

Good luck with your bidding

Hugs

June

Hi June... I just got a broken WiFi fixed, delayed by a BIG snowstorm here or else I would have been back here sooner. Thank you for the offer of one of your patterns. After seeing what you can do I would never be satisfied with what I could do with one of your patterns. It is sweet of you to offer but if I ever get a "hubby" OK to hang Gerry on my wall I will commission you to make one for me.

Cheryl...What a grand trip you are going to have. I have been to London and Paris but never to Edinburgh. I have studied Scotland for so long that I think I could be your tour guide in Edinburgh. So much history and many interesting places to visit there. I'm glad you are going to be there for eight days. You will need them to see everything. If you are going to be their in August make sure you get tickets to the Military Tattoo at the Castle. It runs all of August. Check it out on YouTube. Good luck on your bidding on June's beautiful cross stitch.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Kathy

No worries, if you change your mind and want to give it a go, just let me know, I get as much pleasure from sewing them a I do looking at them.

Hugs

June

Hi Kathy

No worries, if you change your mind and want to give it a go, just let me know, I get as much pleasure from sewing them a I do looking at them.

Hugs

June

I'll bet you do!! Just having Gerry on my lap looking up at me would put a smile on my face.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi June... I just got a broken WiFi fixed, delayed by a BIG snowstorm here or else I would have been back here sooner. Thank you for the offer of one of your patterns. After seeing what you can do I would never be satisfied with what I could do with one of your patterns. It is sweet of you to offer but if I ever get a "hubby" OK to hang Gerry on my wall I will commission you to make one for me.

Cheryl...What a grand trip you are going to have. I have been to London and Paris but never to Edinburgh. I have studied Scotland for so long that I think I could be your tour guide in Edinburgh. So much history and many interesting places to visit there. I'm glad you are going to be there for eight days. You will need them to see everything. If you are going to be their in August make sure you get tickets to the Military Tattoo at the Castle. It runs all of August. Check it out on YouTube. Good luck on your bidding on June's beautiful cross stitch.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I don't want to hi-jack Junes thread but....

I've also been to London and Paris before but not Edinburgh. We choose August so we could be there during the festival time and we Already have our tickets for the Tattoo!

We've rented a car and also plan on going to Glasgow and other parts. Can't wait!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

I don't want to hi-jack Junes thread but....

I've also been to London and Paris before but not Edinburgh. We choose August so we could be there during the festival time and we Already have our tickets for the Tattoo!

We've rented a car and also plan on going to Glasgow and other parts. Can't wait!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Cheryl...I am SO HAPPY to hear you have tickets to the Tattoo! Make sure you read the history of Edinburgh before you go, it is fascinating and you will see things differently if you know more about what you are looking at. Glasgow has wonderful museums and maybe you can go down the road to Greenock and see where "Dear Frankie" was filmed. OH, it is going to be a Grand trip. I recommend picking up the "Dorling Kindersley Travel Guide book of Scotland". It is small and has maps, places of interest, restaurants, tips on traveling and weather, etc. It is a great guide book. The only downside to going in August is that Edinburgh will be crowded, so be prepared. The weather should be wonderful though, for Edinburgh. That's why August is a popular month for tourists. Practice saying LEFT LEFT to your hubby because that is what my mother did while my Dad drove a car in Scotland. ;) They went every Sept. for years. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back. Post pics!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Gals

Here at last is page 1 of 12

Posted Image

Can you guess which one it is yet

Hugs

June

WOW! That is a tough one, June. This is the only guess I can come up with.

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Kathy

sorry, no that is not the one, think this is too hard to guess (I only know who it is cos I have the chart hehehe)

Posted Image

Hugs

June

June...I didn't think it was right but only one other came close to those eyes and it was one where Gerry's hair is long. I didn't think you would like doing one of Gerry's long hair pics. I think I need another eye.

~HUGS~ Kathy