Gerard Butler GALS

GALS has decided to start a new charity drive, called the Sunshine Fund. The brainchild of our always generous and big-hearted Dr. Em and Jenni, the fund will be there to help out when a member of GALS or one of our sister sites experiences an unexpected tragic event. This will allow GALS to extend a ray of hope and a bit of financial assistance to a member of our FANmily. We realize not everyone is in the position to contribute financially, and that is fine because these helping hands will be from ALL the GALS no matter what. For those who are able to contribute something to help out when an unexpected tragedy strikes this is a way to do so.

We already showed we could rally round one of our own when Bethy's mom passed away. Now a member at GBUSA, one of our sister sites has experienced a terrible loss, her husband was senselessly and visciously murdered. We want to be able to help when something like this happens and that is where the Sunshine Fund comes in. This fund is for those who face extraordinary circumstances of loss, and it will be up to the GALS Mod Squad and admins to evaluate any case before money is sent.

So anyone who would like to help out please send your Pay Pal contributions to sunshinefund@gerardbutlergals.com or you can send a check or money order payable to

Gerard Butler GALS

c/o Susan Payette

P.O. Box 17915

Irvine, CA 92623-7915

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful kindness and generosity.

Hugs

Susan

That is a lovely idea Susan. Every little helps. It's good to know support is there if needed

Well done Dr.Em, mods and admin!!!

Brava, Jenni and Dr. Em!!! I love this idea!!! :hearts:

Guest Aislinn

Dr. Em and Jenni --

Once again, the compassion and thoughtfulness of you both touches my heart. What a lovely idea. I'm there with ya and so proud to be a member of GALS!

~ Aislinn/Ashley

Dr. Em and Jenni --

Once again, the compassion and thoughtfulness of you both touches my heart. What a lovely idea. I'm there with ya and so proud to be a member of GALS!

~ Aislinn/Ashley

Susan...

OMG -- How could I forget you and all the wonderful hard work you put into GALS and overseeing things like this??? Thank you, sweet lady.

((Hugs))

~ Aislinn/Ashley

Beautiful idea.

I know the kindess of the GALS helped my wounded heart,

and I will always be thankful for that.

One for all, all for one.

The GALSkateers one big happy FANmily!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

For those who haven't read about it (and those who have) our own dear GAL christinarenova lost her grandmother in a very tragic train accident yesterday morning. So the Sunshine Fund is putting out a call for anyone who would like to make a contribution for us to send something to Chris in memory of her beloved grandmother. You can designate in the notes if you want your contribution to go specifically to something for Chris or if you want it to be used to replenish the fund for future needs. The fund has $56 in it from when it was initially started in April.

Instructions for making donations are in Post #1 of this thread. Thank you to all the GALS and

PALS, whether you are able to donate at this time or not, whatever goes to Chris will be from EVERY one of you, with love and prayers.

Thanks and hugs to all

Susan

For those who haven't read about it (and those who have) our own dear GAL christinarenova lost her grandmother in a very tragic train accident yesterday morning. So the Sunshine Fund is putting out a call for anyone who would like to make a contribution for us to send something to Chris in memory of her beloved grandmother. You can designate in the notes if you want your contribution to go specifically to something for Chris or if you want it to be used to replenish the fund for future needs. The fund has $56 in it from when it was initially started in April.

Instructions for making donations are in Post #1 of this thread. Thank you to all the GALS and

PALS, whether you are able to donate at this time or not, whatever goes to Chris will be from EVERY one of you, with love and prayers.

Thanks and hugs to all

Susan

Susan, I just send in a contribution as well. Use it in whatever way you think best. My heartfelt sympathies are with christinarenova and her family and I will keep them in my prayers as well. Thanks for the information.

Ardeth

P.S.Is there some way we could tell other new members about this fund? Until I read what was written as the latest post on the first page of the Forum I did not know it existed. I clicked on it where it said "Sunshine Fund" out of curiosity. I bet there are others who like me are pretty new and might want to know. Just a thought.

Thank you Ardeth. Hopefully the current postings about Chris' loss here will bring the fund to the attention of new members. We might be able to get Stef to make us a "clickable" banner like we did last year for the Christmas charity drive. I'll ask her about it.

I must say... I am very moved with how this fund is being spent, and intend to add my donation when I am able. It is so lovely to be part of a group that is so caring and supportive of others, in time of great sorrow and need.

Thank you Admins and GALS for being such loving people.

Swan

I have now been on the receiving end of this wonderful fund and can say from experiencing it that I felt enveloped in the loving arms of all my gals and pals.

So now I am 'paying it forward' and making a contribution because I want to be part of the solace that is given to the next ones of us who will unfortunately, but inevitably, be touched by sorrow.

:hugs:

Katie

this is a wonderful thing ya'll are doing. Count me in sending something soon Posted Image

I am so impressed by the support and compassion the members of this site have for each other. I'm new here but, already I'm feeling so lucky to have found this place. I'm honored to contribute. It's nice to be able to be part of something bigger than oneself.

This is a wonderful idea. I will be sending something in via paypal as soon as possible.

You are all such wonderful people!

It would be nice if on both sites this and support gals someone lets us know are money got there. So we know. thats all Betts

Wow, how have I missed this thread? I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'd not see this before, but what a wonderful idea! I will certainly contribute to this fund...

Alison

It would be nice if on both sites this and support gals someone lets us know are money got there. So we know. thats all Betts

This is a suggestion that has been implemented now. As new contributions are coming in for the site, the Sunshine Fund, and the SYT fundraiser I give the names to Barb (becozy) and she sends out a thank you. Thanks Betts!

Susan

Susan,

This is a beautiful thing you are doing. I will me more then happy to

contribute to the Sunshine Fund.

:hugs:

Sincerely,

Sherrell/Bermos

Thanks, KB. My contribution is on the way.

Suzie

:tissues:I am so humbled by the good work you all do! I received help from the Sunshine Fund. How do you ever say Thank You when the words are just not enough. Posted Image

Posted Image

Naoma

aka RezzRn

:tissues:I am so humbled by the good work you all do! I received help from the Sunshine Fund. How do you ever say Thank You when the words are just not enough. Posted Image

Posted Image

Naoma

aka RezzRn

I can't believe I missed this post!! It is so rewarding to come together for the purpose of helping FANmily!! You and your girls are valued, Naoma! I hope your life gets on smoother footing soon!

BIG :hugs:

Hol