Gerard Butler GALS

Phantom of the Opera: Unmasking the Masterpiece

I found a link to this in a google alert late last night.

Phantom Of The Opera - Unmasking The Masterpiece (2013)

http://www.preservehollywood.org/DungeonWebNew/Home.html

According to the website this is a comprehensive look at Phantom in all of its incarnations; movies, books, plays and of course the Webber musical. Even Elissa's favorite Phantom, Hugh Panaro weighs in! I have ordered my copy and will let you know what I think of it. It only has 5 reviews on amazon, but all of them are 5 star, so this bodes well.

Editorial Review from amazon

"Phantom Of The Opera - Unmasking The Masterpiece" © 2013 Cortlandt Hull. This documentary is a colorful & visual retrospective of the Gaston Leroux novel, covering versions on film, stage & television, including other productions inspired by the "Phantom". A look at how the image of the "Opera Ghost" has become iconic in our art and culture, with emphasis on the three main film versions starring Lon Chaney, Claude Rains and Herbert Lom. Film historians MICHAEL F. BLAKE, STEVE HABERMAN, and makeup artist TOM SAVINI take you behind the scenes of the film productions. CARLA LAEMMLE, niece of Universal Studios founder, Carl Laemmle, RON CHANEY, great grandson of Lon Chaney, and actor DANIEL ROEBUCK give personal insights into the men behind the classic 1925 film. Over 800 rare movie posters and photos have been gathered and restored to cover all major versions of the "Phantom". Plus a visual tour of the opera house set on Stage 28 of Universal Studios, built for the original 1925 film, the oldest standing set in Hollywood. HUGH PANARO. the current Broadway star of "Phantom", relates the secrets and makeup used on the stage version, which is celebrating its 25th year. Plus so much more. Music score by STEPHEN GRANT & TRISTAN AVERY VETTER. All proceeds benefit the non-profit "Witch's Dungeon Classic Movie Museum", only if ordered from "THE WITCH'S DUNGEON"....Comments from MARK HAMILL ("Star Wars") - "This new documentary, "UNMASKING THE MASTERPIECE" is fantastic! I loved every minute, and didn't want it to end. I couldn't resist freeze-framing throughout, with all the beautifully restored posters, lobby cards & rare stills. I can't wait to see it again. A phenomenal treat for film fans!" - (See our other documentaries - "The Aurora Monsters" and "The Witch's Dungeon 40 Years Of Chills").

Buy here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1NKFO4

I did not see Gerry's name anywhere in that article.

Did they just overlook him, as always?

Sandy

Yeah, my thought, too.

Sigh.

Edited by saga

Just because Gerry's name is not in the article, does not mean his contribution to the Phantom mystique is over looked. I'll let you know more when I get my copy.