Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

9/24/13 - Gerard Butler Circling Lionsgate’s ‘Gods Of Egypt’

Gerard Butler Circling Lionsgate’s ‘Gods Of Egypt’

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Tuesday September 24, 2013 @ 9:34am PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Olympus Has Fallen star Gerard Butler is in discussions to join Game Of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in Gods Of Egypt, the Lionsgate film to be directed by Alex Proyas. The script was written by Burk Sharpless & Matt Sazama, the team behind Universal’s Dracula pic. I’m told Butler is in talks to play Set, a god of the desert, storms, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. In Egyptian mythology, he killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Horus, the son of Osiris, sought revenge against Set for the killing of his father. Coster-Waldau will play Horus. They have both thrived in period macho turns, Butler in 300 and Coster-Waldau as Jamie Lannister in Game Of Thrones. Sounds like a good mano a mano match shaping up here if Butler’s deal closes. He’s repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.

from The Hollywood Reporter:The movie is looking to go in the new year in Australia.

:leo:

Hello!

Great news, I hope it's true!!!!!! Very interesting character!!!!! Way to go Gerard!!!!!!

Josée

This one really sounds awesome! Geoffrey Rush has also signed on and that's a good omen! Always loved Egyptology and it's mysteries!

Hope Gerry stops "circling" this one and jumps on it because this guy sounds just about right up our boy's alley!

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/egyptian-mythology.php?deity=SET

Delene

Oh, I hope it is true. I miss watching him on a big screen. He spoiled us with all those back to back movies. This project sounds awesome! Hope he’ll go for it.

I've noticed this has moved to pre-production on Gerry's IMDb page so I'm hoping that means he's signed. It's also in that position on Geoffrey Rush's page too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one and am very excited for it to happen.

It would be great if they get Hans Zimmer to do the score. Music is such an important part of any film and he's one of the best and my personal favorite. I just want it to be the best, as always!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic