Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
givemeabeach

Multimedia Technical ?

Ok,

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but it seems the only time I remember I have this problem is when I browsed through the video for new downloads. This time I'm stopping and posting my questions... :funnyface::funnyface:

Can Quicktime files be downloaded to one's home computer? Everytime I hit the download button on a Quicktime file in the Multimedia gallery, it opens up for immediate viewing.

I have a PC and use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I also have the Internet Explorer browser as well. The only other option I see, when using the right click, is save link as... I hope this is not the only option. :doh:

So, can Quicktime files actually be downloaded? If so, can someone tell me how. Do I need to change a setting on my browser or something?

Learning rapidly, but still computer illiterate in some areas....

Beaches Posted Image I love my computer, but there are somedays when it is just a bloody pain in the a$$. Sorry, not complaining about the site, just my learning curve....

Edited by givemeabeach

Geesh, Beachie, that I don't know?

I use RealTime and it offers an option to "Add to my favorites" which saves the video to my puter.

Stef will probably have to help you with this.

Cheers!

Ok,

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but it seems the only time I remember I have this problem is when I browsed through the video for new downloads. This time I'm stopping and posting my questions... :funnyface::funnyface:

Can Quicktime files be downloaded to one's home computer? Everytime I hit the download button on a Quicktime file in the Multimedia gallery, it opens up for immediate viewing.

I have a PC and use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I also have the Internet Explorer browser as well. The only other option I see, when using the right click, is save link as... I hope this is not the only option. :doh:

So, can Quicktime files actually be downloaded? If so, can someone tell me how. Do I need to change a setting on my browser or something?

Learning rapidly, but still computer illiterate in some areas....

Beaches Posted Image I love my computer, but there are somedays when it is just a bloody pain in the a$$. Sorry, not complaining about the site, just my learning curve....

You should have two options when you right click...

pick save to disc instead of open with

it will save to your desktop

Posted Image

to find 'em if you don't locate it right away, go to Tools on your Firefox tool bar, and open "Downloads"

it will pop open a mini window... open from there...but I always choose 'open containing folder' (a right click option) and scan with NAV...just in case. Posted Image

You also have to have script enabled and QuickTime player already downloaded. If not, just open it in any or your default browser.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,

Barb

Thank you so much Barb for the screencaps, those are extremely helpful! ::D:

Beachie, your situation with Quicktime is different though as you don't get that pop-up box asking you if you want to open or save; it just starts playing the quicktime movie doesn't it? Well... all you have to do is after the movie loads completely, go to "File < Save Page as" and save it to your computer. It will download that quicktime movie to wherever you want on your comp.

Hope this helps,

Stef

PS: I use Firefox

Wow, thanks Barb and Stef for all the information.

Yes, Stef, that is exactly what happens. I will definitely try this out!

Barb, I too love all your screencaps. They are great visual aid in learning, and I've always been a visual learner. Some of what you've explained is new to me, so I will be following through on your instruction to see how they works.

Zany, thanks for trying to help. BTW, I also love your use of screencaps... i.e., color fonts.

I will follow through and let you know how it works, but not tonight. My learning curve *upgrade* :lol: is on hold until, Monday. Right now, I'm too tired to even try--falling asleep at my computer. Since I'm attending a bridal shower tomorrow night and working the weekend shift, it will just have to wait. At least I finally asked. That is an accomplishment in itself.

Thanks Gals, :wave: I will be back to update y'all, later!

Beachie

Hi Stef and Barb,

I've been meaning to get back over here and let you both know that the instructions you gave me have helped me out a great deal.

Stef, Thanks for the instructions on how to download Quicktime files. I would never have figured it out on my own. You've saved me a lot of worry and bother, :kiss: (TNLW)

Barb,

I like the download instructions you wrote up about the Firefox Tool bar download options. Quick, easy alternative to the usual download route. This option is a keeper, thanks. :inlove: Totally in a GALS kind of way!

Well, you two are also definite keepers, so I'm sending over :greatking: and :mrkilty: to add a bright lift to your day.

:hugs:

Beaches