Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

VEGAS PENTHOUSE & PJ PARTY

Many of us were gutted to learn the annual convention was going to be taking a break in 2014. :crybaby: In an attempt to ease the pain, a few of us decided to get together while we wait for 2015. :woo:

PACK YOUR COMFY CLOTHES, YOUR FAVORITE (WINE) SIPPY CUP, LEAVE YOUR WORRIES BEHIND AND HEAD TO THE ELEVATORS BECAUSE YOU'RE INVITED TO THE

GERARD BUTLER FANS' PENTHOUSE AND PAJAMA PARTY IN VEGAS, BABY!

WHEN: JULY 11-12, 2014

WHERE: PLANET HOLLYWOOD APEX SUITE (google/youtube the suite! ;) )

NOTE: WE DO NOT HAVE TO MEET THE ROOM QUOTA. IF YOU CAN GET A BETTER DEAL ON A ROOM, SNAG IT!

RESERVATION METHOD

Each individual is responsible for making his/her own reservations with Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas. Reservations must be made through our Reservations Department or through the provided online web link by June 11, 2014. Each individual must identify themselves with the group name and group code in order to receive the group rates. A deposit (first nights room and tax) is required at the time of registration, the remaining night’s room and tax will be due at check in. There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for individual reservations. A full refund is provided for any reservation cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival. All no-shows will forfeit the deposit. Any reservations made after the cut-off date are subject to availability and will be added at the current public rate.

Rates:
7/11: $178
7/12: $178

Upgrade Options available for an additional per night charge:
City Center or Mountain Luxury View: $30
Premium Fountain View: $50
Resort Room: $50

Group Information for booking:

Group name: Gerard Butler PJ Party

Group Code: VM3GBP4

Call- in number: 877-244-9474

Online Link: http://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-reservations?propCode=PHV&groupCode=VM3GBP4

WHAT: BYOB Penthouse & Pajama Party celebrating Gerard Butler's life, career and "person" :cunning: Party starts about 3p on Friday, July 11th and ends at check-out on Sunday. Be prepared for all sorts of "Gerry Games" (e.g., Pin the Pie on the Gerry, GINGO (Gerry Bingo), G-Twister, ETC.), 3 TVs full of Gerry goodness, pizza, LOTS of nibblies (aka "finger" food suitable for movie watching and gigglegasms) There will be a break in the action for a field trip to The Shade Tree on Saturday afternoon. Fun, friendship and lusting to resume soon thereafter. If you're not interested in going to TST, there is absolutely NO pressure to go. For those staying behind, you'll be in charge of keeping the DVDs running and M&M bowls filled. :party:

Plans currently include raffle baskets for "light fundraising" on behalf of TST and Angels of East Africa. The emphasis is on LIGHT. This party will not revolve around fundraising. The baskets are an offering to those who liked this aspect of the "convention" and who enjoy chances to win Gerry loot. :funnyface:

If you want to contribute items to this part of the event, drop me an email at gbpjparty@gmail.com. If you're crafty and would like to contribute to the "party favors," let me know.

There will be a "TSHIRT CONTEST" :pointy: Decorate your PJ Shirt with Gerry goodness. We'll hang it up and vote on entries. Winner gets a prize (TBA LOL)

HOW MUCH: $160.00* (covers 2 nights/days in the Suite, non-alcoholic drinks, pizza/food, nibblies, paypal fees, party favors, etc)

WANNA PARTY?! Paypal $160 to gbpjparty@gmail.com or snailmail a check to:

Holly Ghere
3140 S. Winston Ave., Ste. 2
Tulsa, OK 74135

If it helps, you can pay $80 now and then $80 later. The balance will be due on July 1st. This will allow us to collect money and still have time to shop, ship, etc.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE MEMO SECTION OF THE PAYMENT SO THAT AN IMPORTANT FORM AND CONFIRMATION MAY BE SENT TO YOU!

:vegasbaby:

TIPS!

1. We have a block of rooms at PH reserved at the rate of $178 per night. (The group code is "GERARD BUTLER PJ PARTY" and should be in the Planet Hollywood system tomorrow afternoon (1/30) (Vegas time)) HOWEVER, if you get online NOW, you can get better rates via the internets. ALSO, if you sign up for TOTAL REWARDS you'll get emails with room "sales" at PH. (I've gotten some great deals this way. Sometimes as low as $69 per night). If you want to stay at PH, I would suggest you snag a room now and then if a "sale" presents itself later, you can take advantage of it and then cancel the original reservation. (KB and I just stayed at LVH for $38 a night). Mandalay Bay has an $89 a night room sale going at the moment. It's up to you to decide what works best. The sales are out there; you just have to look for them. ;)

2. I've been "playing slots" on an android and Facebook app called MyVegas. MyVegas is a slot machine game from the MGM group of hotels (Aria, Monte Carlo, Bellagio, MGM, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Mirage, Excalibur, New York New York). You play slots or blackjack and earn experience points and loyalty points along the way. Your experience points help you build new hotels, and earn playing chips, your loyalty points help you win rewards from your game play. Of particular interest to me are the 2-for-1 buffets, monorail passes, show tickets, etc. (If you split a buffet with a friend, you can get a high-dollar buffet for $15! (Still pricey, but a nice "treat.") If you get monorail passes, your transportation is FREE. If you're REAL GAMEY, you can even acquire free rooms at the above-listed properties. (I got a room at Mirage for $42 using my "loyalty points.") On the FB app, the more "friends" we have playing, the more chips we get to give each other.

3. GROUPON for Las Vegas! (Groupon is an iGive participant, too. So, if you use it, Rising Phoenix gets a donation. DOUBLE WIN!)

Edited by heISmyGspot
to edit deadlines

I say my leopard pumps go with yoga pants!

I second that your leopard pumps go with yoga pants!

I just might be able to swing this!

...I just might be able to swing this!

Deb! I did not realize you were a SWINGER?! WHO KNEW?! :p

Sounds like fun! Will take a peek through the ol' calendar and see what's what. Thanks for planning this, ladies. You're the best. :kiss:

Stupid question: is it $160 plus a room?

That's correct. Partiers are responsible for getting their own sleeping accommodation. The bulk of the $160 (if we get 30 guests) will cover the rental fee for the 2 nights/days in the suite, along with food, non-alcoholic drinks and essentials like paper plates, napkins, cups, etc. Then there are incidentals like paypal expenses, nametags, party favors that kind of thing.

I am a novice traveler on a budget so if anyone is interested in finding a room mate let me know. I will be creating a thread in a few days so we can all get organized! I have never been able to make it to a convention so this is an awesome substitute for now :yeehaw:

(I hope this is where you meant Holly, I'm a novice poster now too, it's been far too long)

I am a novice traveler on a budget so if anyone is interested in finding a room mate let me know. I will be creating a thread in a few days so we can all get organized! I have never been able to make it to a convention so this is an awesome substitute for now :yeehaw:

(I hope this is where you meant Holly, I'm a novice poster now too, it's been far too long)

It's like riding a bike!! :clap:

Count me in. This sounds like a blast. When is the money due by???

Counting pennies, but looks like Elissa and I are in. Can't wait!

Will probably arrive Thursday and leave Monday because of lower airfair. We will most likely stay at PH. Let us know if you need help with anything.

Suzie

Count me in. This sounds like a blast. When is the money due by???

I edited the first post. Payment in full by May 1st. If you want to break it down into two payments, that will work, too.

...I just might be able to swing this!

Deb! I did not realize you were a SWINGER?! WHO KNEW?! :p

*wiggles eyebrows*

Poopie. I missed the chat session! I wanted to squeeeeee about this

PayPal coming your way in the morning!

I am so excited about this!!!! Thank you Momma and KB *mwah mwah mwah*

Count me so into this. I will be there! I am very excited! Thank you for coming up with this idea. I will be shopping for cool comfy pjs.

Yipee! I am so going to be there! I have even requested the time off at work!!! Now to find great deals onlike for a room and a plane ticket! So excited to see everyone in 5 Months!

Poopie. I missed the chat session! I wanted to squeeeeee about this

ME, TOO!! *Kicks dirt* I was in chat, then I had to drive the kids home from karate so they could finish homework. Of course, that completely derailed my train of thinking! ... damn kids. :lmao:

We're glad to see such interest! I get more excited with each email/post!

Missed chat, but you know I'll be there!

Issy

Joni!!!! We'll finally get to meet!!!

Issy

Sounds like fun! Will take a peek through the ol' calendar and see what's what. Thanks for planning this, ladies. You're the best. :kiss:

I hope you can come! It won't be the same without my Jilly!!

Issy

By my guesstimation, we are half way to the needed 30! WOOHOO!

I wouldn't miss it! You'll see my PayPal shortly. Vegas, gird your loins for the fanvasion.

Missed chat, but you know I'll be there!

Issy

Joni!!!! We'll finally get to meet!!!

Issy

I know!!! I'm so excited!! I haven't been to a gathering since Colorado and CUT! if you want to count that :cunning:

:claphands: Suzie and I just booked our flights on Southwest!

:vegasbaby::Gerritas::drink:

Hey, Y'all, if anyone is booking on Southwest Airlines, many of the July weekend flights are already SOLD OUT, especially the non stops. So if you are flying then, GET BUSY. We are arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Flights were cheaper and non-stop flights were still available. Plus we can ALWAYS find something to do in Vegas on the extra days. :cunning:

Suzie

Booking hotel later today.