Gerard Butler GALS
Texas gramma

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS).....Continued

Sue that is awesome. :claphands: See I'm here two nights in a row :cunning:

Thanks Bonnie ... and Andrea that is sooooo true!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Mine have been doing that lately and I had kinda noticed but I guess not enough.Their pediatrician hasn't seen them in a few months and I took them last week for a check up and she walked in and she said "WHOA! Have they grown?alot??!" And then I realized,that because I live with them,although I know they grew,I don't fully realize how much.

Please stay safe all of my dear galfriends who live in tornado country..... such destruction...

We had quite a bit of needed rain this weekend here in Fairfield, Ca (Bay area) but today is beautiful....and we are expecting the 80's for the rest of the week which will be very nice. Friday it poured and Saturday the sun came out (just in time for my granddaughter's graduation (thank You God) and then Sunday it rained again....

My Dan'l would have been so proud (and I'm sure he's smiling from down from heaven...our baby granddaughter who almost died at birth and went through some tough times as a young child got her Masters in Science from the California Maritime Academy this weekend and now the sky is the limit. She was only 1 of 11 that graduated with a masters and the merchant/maritime corporations around the country are all planning a job fair within the next month for them to tell them what they have to offer them. It's kinda like a reverse job fair where the candidates will be interviewing and selecting the employers they want to work for....

th_1520651_654764141243905_8945369598172 Tiffany with her boyfriend Billy after the ceremony

Jenn, I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing well. My grandsons are growing up on me so fast that it's a good thing I moved down here so I can enjoy them while they are still young. It's so good to hear from you....you have been missed!

hugs to all...

love,

Sue

I thought of you as I drove through Redding this weekend-I went to the same Starbucks. lol I waved from the freeway as I went through Fairfield on my way to the Santa Rosa area. Was glad to see it raining so much on Friday. Wow, Lake Shasta is low.

Congrats to your grandaughter! Great accomplishment. :D

Lots of healing thoughts and prayers for all those in the tornado paths. I can hardly fathom the destruction.

Those tornados are doing such awful damage and claiming so many lives. I don't know if any of you remember Raina Snow - I heard from her that she and Gerald (husband) are fine so far. I pray the storms will pass with no more loss of life.

Bonnie

Hope everyone is okay with these nasty storms! It's been 80 to 90 degrees in Redding, our typical Spring. Fire danger is sky high with our drought situation here in Cali. Everyone be safe!

From tornadoes to floods.I just changed my vacation plans from the gulf coast to somewhere else,because I just had a gut feeling I should.And today I turned on the news and all the places I was going to take the boys in a few weeks,it's all under water.Intuition wins again!

Hello all! Just popping in to say "hi"! Hope everyone is well and staying out of harm's way with this wild weather! Chilly here today and damp. I'm ready for warmer weather! Andrea, good luck with your kids! Didn't have time to read everything as I'm just breezing through! Butler looking good too. Nice photos! :cunning:

Delene

I'm happy to be back on GALS after being locked out for several days. At first, I thought the site was down, so I asked about it on Facebook, only to find out that the site was fine. Long story short, the problem is finally fixed! :thankyou: Dayna!

I hope everyone is ok with all the bad weather out there! Stay safe! I really wish some of the rain had come our way. All the plants we planted in the flower beds and garden are just sitting there. We water them, but there's no substitute for rain.

Andrea, I've learned the hard way to never deny that inner voice of warning. Glad you avoided a possible ruined trip.

Sue, congratulations to Tiffany!

I'm happy to be back on GALS after being locked out for several days. At first, I thought the site was down, so I asked about it on Facebook, only to find out that the site was fine. Long story short, the problem is finally fixed! :thankyou: Dayna!

I hope everyone is ok with all the bad weather out there! Stay safe! I really wish some of the rain had come our way. All the plants we planted in the flower beds and garden are just sitting there. We water them, but there's no substitute for rain.

Andrea, I've learned the hard way to never deny that inner voice of warning. Glad you avoided a possible ruined trip.

Sue, congratulations to Tiffany!

Glad you have it all figured out now Elissa! Hey I would gladly share some of this rain with you if I could.We cannot get into our garden because it's sink up to you ankles mud.

Yeah I've learned to always listen to that inner voice.Someone was asking me "But WHY???" wasn't I coming down and I just had to tell them "My intuition just says no,so we're not going." I'm going to take them to a large city,closer with LOTS of free stuff and free science museums ,stuff like that. They'll have just as much fun.

Delene thanks! I'm ready for warmer weather too,after the storms it dropped down to the 40s here.It's crazy.May and wearing a sweat shirt! lol

Please stay safe all of my dear galfriends who live in tornado country..... such destruction...

We had quite a bit of needed rain this weekend here in Fairfield, Ca (Bay area) but today is beautiful....and we are expecting the 80's for the rest of the week which will be very nice. Friday it poured and Saturday the sun came out (just in time for my granddaughter's graduation (thank You God) and then Sunday it rained again....

My Dan'l would have been so proud (and I'm sure he's smiling from down from heaven...our baby granddaughter who almost died at birth and went through some tough times as a young child got her Masters in Science from the California Maritime Academy this weekend and now the sky is the limit. She was only 1 of 11 that graduated with a masters and the merchant/maritime corporations around the country are all planning a job fair within the next month for them to tell them what they have to offer them. It's kinda like a reverse job fair where the candidates will be interviewing and selecting the employers they want to work for....

th_1520651_654764141243905_8945369598172 Tiffany with her boyfriend Billy after the ceremony

Jenn, I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing well. My grandsons are growing up on me so fast that it's a good thing I moved down here so I can enjoy them while they are still young. It's so good to hear from you....you have been missed!

hugs to all...

love,

Sue

Sue, sorry I am late here but we just got back home to Colorado after being away 7 months. Just got our Internet going today so here I am. Tiffany and her boyfriend make a beautiful couple. You must be so proud and I know Dan'l is also because our loved ones do watch over us after they pass. Tiffany had a rough start in life but she has come out of it making her life extra special. I wish her all the happiness and success that life has to offer.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Bet it's good to be back home.

I've spent all morning running snacks to the elementary school, trying to get paperwork done,doctors appointments made,I have to run to work here soon etc..etc..Oh...I get to do mommy and me taekwondo tonight...this should be fun.

I bought two pair of shoes last week. I wore one pair to church yesterday and they are too small. I wore the other pair to the grocery store just now and they are too big (one pair is 1/2 size larger than the other). They are the same style. Different colors........one black (fancy fabric) and the other is dark blue canvas (to go with jeans). One-half size difference. :confused:

:bonk:

I've noticed that things that are supposed to be the same size and style acutally vary in size when they are in different colors. Go figure.

My daughter has had the same experience. Same pants, same size, different colors. She had to take one back since it just didn't fit her. le sigh

Andrea, it IS good to be back home but working hard around the house now. Spring cleaning after 7 months of being away.

I always try everything on before I buy it, even if it is the same style but different colors. Everything is made in countries now where quality assurance is not part of their training. It is frustrating because I remember the days when everything was made in the good old U.S.A. and it was well made. You could buy all shoes the same size and they all fit perfectly. Those days are gone.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I bought two pair of shoes last week. I wore one pair to church yesterday and they are too small. I wore the other pair to the grocery store just now and they are too big (one pair is 1/2 size larger than the other). They are the same style. Different colors........one black (fancy fabric) and the other is dark blue canvas (to go with jeans). One-half size difference. :confused:

:bonk:

Shoes? Oh what a tragedy.....(I love shoes)

My daughter has had the same experience. Same pants, same size, different colors. She had to take one back since it just didn't fit her. le sigh

I've had that experience with jeans,I FINALLY found a brand of jeans that fits curves well,I usually have that annoying gap in the back problem.I bought 2 pairs and one pair fit great,the other,too tight.I figure I'm going to have to sleep in them and wear them for a week to loosen them up.

I hear that about inconsistent sizes. I ordered two pairs of jeans by the same designer from the same department store website. Same size. One fit perfectly, the other was about two sizes too small. I gave them to Suzie and they fit her perfectly. I couldn't return them because I no longer had any of the packaging or paperwork. I made the mistake of not trying both on when they arrived.

Whether or not I try it on depends upon whether I have the boys with me or not.Because they're too big now to watch me try on clothes,so I just kind of hold it up,eyeball it and decide whether it's big enough/small enough or not.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a nice brunch at one of my favorite restaurants on Sunday with hubby, Bill and daughter, Erin. I curled up in the afternoon with a J. R. Ward novel. I dozed off, and when I woke up, my rat terrier, Archie, and cat, Lottie were both sound asleep on top of me. I hated to disturb them by getting up.

Time is winding down to my retirement. I'll be 66 on August 17. I work fewer, and fewer hours each pay period. I'll make more money retired than I am now. I'll be going to the hospital's HR department next month to do the paperwork for an August 22 retirement. I'll also sign up for social security next month, with payments to start in September.

Edited by Lady Elissa

th_5-11-2014.jpg

See what I did on Mother's Day!!! Last week I got my perennial garden cleaned up and the plants were coming up nicely and then we got this on Sunday. The good news is that it is melting fast. I have been working hard on my home since I was gone 7 months. Almost done!

Elissa, you must be counting the days until retirement! I'm so happy for you! It will be here before you know it.

~HUGS~ Kathy

On Mother's Day, a friend and I decided to go, after church, to Golden Corral for lunch. My son called to say he would come up next Sunday due to the lousy weather this Sunday. So, my friend and I are standing in line at Golden Corral and there was this man (with his mother, his wife, and 3 or 4 children) who entertained us - I mean, entertained us. Then he announced that he and his wife were going to treat us to Mother's Day lunch......and they did. So nice. He was a jolly Irishman.

A couple from church came in and joined Joyce and me at our table and we had a good time eating and chatting - for two hours. Then home and nap.......nice. Now I look forward to Larry and Debbie coming up next Sunday.....

Hugs

Bonnie

Kathy, I'm so happy for you ... that you are back in your beloved mountains!! Glorious picture.

Elissa, once you retire you're going to wonder how you ever found the time!!! Then you and Suzie can make a trip back out here to Northern CA!!!

June, what a great story.....them Irish!!!! Just love them...lol

hugs to all.

love,

Sue