Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS).....Continued

Bonnie, what a great story! Look at the water soon to be coming your way. I'm getting more and more concerned about the Spring run-off this year. So is Estes Park.

I took this from my Great room this morning: ( Long's Peak and Mt Meeker)

th_MtMeeker.jpg

This was taken from my deck:

th_LongsPeak.jpg

Hope your have a great time with your guests next Sunday. Lets hope the snow is over!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kathy - those pics are beautiful - thanks. What a view. I can see why you would miss being there. We are concerned about the run-off.........everyone is a tad edgy about it. How is the road to/from your house? Can you get in/out OK now? One of my friends (who lives in Drake) was airlifted out of her home via helicopter - she's my age - what a hoot! Another friend (also has a house in Drake) is excited they are rebuilding the bridge to their place. She and her husband will be retiring to the Drake house - as soon as he finishes with all the remodeling, additions, etc. I am not sure I would - altho they had no damage to the house in the flood......none. The house has been in her family for three generations. The basement was dug out (mostly by hand) after the house was built - by her grandparents.

Hugs

Bonnie

Hi Kathy - those pics are beautiful - thanks. What a view. I can see why you would miss being there. We are concerned about the run-off.........everyone is a tad edgy about it. How is the road to/from your house? Can you get in/out OK now? One of my friends (who lives in Drake) was airlifted out of her home via helicopter - she's my age - what a hoot! Another friend (also has a house in Drake) is excited they are rebuilding the bridge to their place. She and her husband will be retiring to the Drake house - as soon as he finishes with all the remodeling, additions, etc. I am not sure I would - altho they had no damage to the house in the flood......none. The house has been in her family for three generations. The basement was dug out (mostly by hand) after the house was built - by her grandparents.

Hugs

Bonnie

The road below our home has been temporarily filled with dirt and fill. They can't redo the road yet until the creek is rebuilt and the bridges. They have engineers and architects working on the redesign. The temporary sewers are still exposed in the creek. So, the run-off has us worried because if it floods the creek the sewers may go again. It goes A to B to C before it all gets finished. The road in our area on the side of the mountain is perfect. It was only the road below us that gets us to town and to the roads out of Estes Park that was destroyed. Time will tell if the road next to the creek will hold up in rains and if the creek floods in the run-off. I have never seen so much snow in the mountains before. We have to pray for slow melting.

I can understand why your friends want to live in a three generation home. That's cool!

~HUGS~ Kathy

:bonk: sorry Bonnie....I attributed that story about your Mothers Day to June.....blame it on old age...lol. Anyways, it was a great story and you still have to love them irish! lol

Oh Kathy, Leslie, Bonnie...all of you who live surrounded by the magnificent snowy mountains...I pray that the snow melts slowly and that the devastation you faced last year is avoided this year (and Lord, if You could send some of that water to California it is soooo needed).

hugs,

Sue

I would have said we needed some of that rain in Texas, but we got a deluge on Monday night. No real rain for seven months then 2 1/2 inches in 2 hours. Both Elissa and I live on high ground, so both of our homes were fine, but there was some flooding. Now that the runoff is just about done, we are due to go back into drought mode. *sigh* It never ends!

Hugs to all me girlies!

Suzie

:bonk: sorry Bonnie....I attributed that story about your Mothers Day to June.....blame it on old age...lol. Anyways, it was a great story and you still have to love them irish! lol

Oh Kathy, Leslie, Bonnie...all of you who live surrounded by the magnificent snowy mountains...I pray that the snow melts slowly and that the devastation you faced last year is avoided this year (and Lord, if You could send some of that water to California it is soooo needed).

hugs,

Sue

Sue, If there was a way to direct the water your way I sure would. We have plenty coming our way. I rode over our temporary bridge today that goes over Fish Creek that flooded so bad last September. Usually, it is a little creek but I noticed that it is running fast and wide already and most of the snow hasn't melted yet in the mountains. This will be interesting. None of the repairs have been made yet because the County has taken over all of it and the plans have to go from agency to agency to get an OK, including FEMA. I just found out today that they will not start permanent repairs until Oct. 2015. Do you believe that? Talk about bureaucracy going a wry. The town took care of all of their repairs in Estes Park quickly and our home and community on the side of a mountain was annexed to the town so you would think that the town would push the County to take care of us and get the repairs done. We could very easily get isolated again. Time will tell how this plays out.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I know you would Kathy......this might sound crazy...but for the life of me I don't know why WHY both political parties are not fighting for water way highways....we have highways connecting all of the states...just think what it would be like if we had highways to direct water.....it would cost billions I'm sure....BUT how much money do we pay for all of the catastrophes each year caused by those states with too much water and those with too less.....oh what do I know??? lol

Stay safe my dear friend.

hugs,

Sue

Sue, Colorado has been in a drought situation for a long time. Remember all of the fires here a few years ago because of the drought? Then the rains came and we got floods. The Colorado River that flows from the Rockies to the Pacific Ocean has water diverted to many states in order to get water to those states. Unfortunately, the Western drought has hurt the amount of water flowing down the Colorado River. Colorado diverts water from the river to its Eastern plains. Too many states needing the water and not enough water to take from the river. Each state has a limit as to how much water it can divert from the Colorado River. There is just so much water to be had. With the record amount of snowfall in the Rockies this year there will be a big run-off but each state can only direct a certain amount their way. I listened to a Water Reclamation manager talking on this issue just recently. I feel for California but it was inevitable with the population growing in all of the West. There are more people than the water can supply. Irrigation is another problem out West. They take a lot of water. There is a water highway in place already, you just don't see it. I see water flowing out of a mountain diverted from Grand Lake to Estes Park and then on to the plains, all from the West side of the Rockies. It is an amazing achievement in engineering. We just need more rain to increase the water sent to the states. By law, no state can take more than it is allowed. You can imagine that this is watched very carefully. California has been complaining that they need more water but with no water to give them what can be done? All of the western states are in the same boat. The population growth is the biggest problem.

~HUGS~ Kathy

In our part of Texas, every summer there's a severe drought. Ours is due to blistering hot temperatures and very little rain. San Antonio's water is supplied by an underground source, the Edwards Aquifer, not surface water or a reservoir. Every year, the aquifer's level is monitored and we enter varying stages of water restrictions. We're already at stage 2 and it isn't even summer yet.

In our part of Texas, every summer there's a severe drought. Ours is due to blistering hot temperatures and very little rain. San Antonio's water is supplied by an underground source, the Edwards Aquifer, not surface water or a reservoir. Every year, the aquifer's level is monitored and we enter varying stages of water restrictions. We're already at stage 2 and it isn't even summer yet.

Elissa, Stage 2 already!! That does not bode well for this summer. California is really scary right now. It makes me wonder what is in store for us here in Colorado this summer. Floods or fires?!!! It all depends on the rainfall.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm so sorry ya'll are all dealing with varying floods/drought situations.We have them periodically but not for that length of time.Last year we had too much rain and couldn't put in a garden,this year,we had a lot of rain and only got a tiny bit tilled up.Had a nice little garden patch then it rained and literally overnight the garden was overtaken by grass.My mom wants to just let it go but I'm very tempted to trying to conquer it. If I could share some of our flooded creeks and rivers with ya'll I would, to level out your droughts.

Today is my Ethan's 8th birthday :) He came and got on my bed first thing this morning,I sang happy birthday to him first he said "Thanks" then he said "No more carseat" lol In TN when you turn 8 and you're 69 lbs you don't need a booster seat anymore.Well,Ethan is a big boy and he meets the requirements.Dude is 4'4" and weighs the 69 lbs.He only lacks 10 more inches being as tall as I am. I measured the boys yesterday and my baby has grown 3 inches since last October.And Ethan has grown 2 inches and has went from a sz 2 shoe to a sz 4. He's going to be a tall man lol

Oh and in case anyone ever needs a game for kids.I came up with one yesterday for my sons birthday party,on the way home from church(thinking and driving)...silly string tag. It was a hit! i'm going to try a different variation,silly string freeze tag next time. Current version,the "it" person has a can of silly string..if you get hit,you are it. And do it yourself painting parties are a good idea too,just buy blank little canvases and paints and cheap brushes,put a plastic table cloth down and there ya go.

Edited by Andrea~mc

Happy 8th Birthday to Ethan!!!! :presents: My granddaughter is 6 and she can't wait until she gets rid of her car seat in the car. Sounds like you give fun birthday parties, Andrea!!!! More power to you!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thankyou! I try to make it fun without technology and without spending a ton of money.Simple fun is fun.

I had some very trying news yesterday,I'll post it in prayer too.My son is ADD and we had a meeting at the school yesterday because they did some more testing on him because he was having more problems.And they suspect he may be autistic,high functioning but still.we have an appoint in June for testing for that and Central Auditory Processing Disorder. I am feeling very overwhelmed.It's alot to process.

Andrea - I'm so sorry about your son. I know they can do so much more today to help him. I most certainly pray for you and your boy - will look in prayer requests for specifics.

Lord bless you

Hugs

Bonnie

Well, it won't be long now! I made my appointment today with the HR department to put in retirement papers at work! My last day on the job will be August 22, with my first retirement check paid to me on September 1! I have to meet with the person who handles retirements on July 8 to sign the papers.

Andrea, I hope you get some answers for your son. You and he are in my prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everyone????

I'm getting ready for the Vegas PJ's and Penthouses party in July and am very busy with the local Irish society, the Harp & Shamrock Society of Texas. I'm not only on the board of directors and am the Membership chairman, but I'm also the chairman of the Election Committee this year. I volunteered for the committee and ended up in charge. I hate when that happens! Bill once stood up to go get a beer during a meeting and ended up on a committee when someone saw him and suggested him as a member. :lol: We have elections coming up next month, so I've been busy preparing the ballots for mailing. We have a working committee meeting on Thursday to prepare the packets for mailing. Suzie's on the committee too. Next month, we'll have to count the ballots at the Election meeting on the 28th.

Meanwhile, my retirement from my job is set for August 22! :claphands:

Here I am.Been busy,boys are out of school now.

Well, it won't be long now! I made my appointment today with the HR department to put in retirement papers at work! My last day on the job will be August 22, with my first retirement check paid to me on September 1! I have to meet with the person who handles retirements on July 8 to sign the papers.

Andrea, I hope you get some answers for your son. You and he are in my prayers.

Thanks Elissa...I'm getting the run around trying to find a neuropsychologist that tests for Aspergers.I'm talking to an autism center on Monday and I'm hoping they can suggest somebody. I'd like to get it done before the trial.

As I sit and listen to my boys taunt each other and wrestle..let me show you what is happening in my house during Summer break...in emoticons

School's out! :highfive::rotflmao::woohoo::rockon: LOTS of this :catfight: and then I go like this... :gah: and when I give them food it's like this.. :thewoman: and periodically Alex is over there in his kilt like this :scotlandflag: I kid you not...with a HTTYD axe I bought him when he was 3..i hear this all day long. :wasnt_me: and I'm all like :hey: come here! ....I could go on and on but I hear a fight starting. I think they're about to learn the meaning of hard work. chores!

:whiteflag: lol...Andrea, you DO have your work cut out for you this summer.... You are in my prayers sweetie. But there is more and more support out there now. My grandson Bryan is autistic and so I know what you are going through because I have watched my son go through it for the past 6 years....

2-1.gif Elissa! My brother and my daughter in law's mother are both retiring this year...and I know they are counting the days~ I bet you are too!

It's hotter than hades here today so I'm not moving much ... think I'll have a :Gerritas:

hugs,

Sue

:whiteflag: lol...Andrea, you DO have your work cut out for you this summer.... You are in my prayers sweetie. But there is more and more support out there now. My grandson Bryan is autistic and so I know what you are going through because I have watched my son go through it for the past 6 years....

2-1.gif Elissa! My brother and my daughter in law's mother are both retiring this year...and I know they are counting the days~ I bet you are too!

It's hotter than hades here today so I'm not moving much ... think I'll have a :Gerritas:

hugs,

Sue

Thanks Sue,I think half the battle is just knowing what you're dealing with and arming yourself with information.I've started doing that and adjusting how I deal with him and that's made a world of difference.

Here in the South it hasn't been too hot thus far*knock on wood* now watch it hit triple digits this week.lol

Good morning, Gals.........many thanks to becozy and all the mods that have been working to get so many gorgeous pics of Gerry posted. He looks wonderful - better and better. I want some of whatever pills he's taking! I feel like it's Christmas in June............

Hugs

Bonnie

The pics of Gerry in that t-shirt and tight jeans (at the premiere) drive me wild.......His physique (arms!) are unbelieveable............ miniat_FFN_RIJ_DRAGON2_060814_51444379.j :multicigs:

Edited by BlueJean

Andrea, enjoy these years with your boys. I raised two boys and I would love to hear their voices again in my home while tossing a football around the house and almost decapitating me when they threw the football from one bedroom to another. All of that noise would be wonderful to my ears. Of course, at the time it wasn't. :whiteflag:

Sue, I have been complaining at how cool it is here at night. We actually put the heat on one night. Better than being hot though. During the day it is 70 degrees. The good news is that the cool temps are allowing the mountain snow to melt slower and that means less fear that we will get a flood here.

Bonnie, I agree!! The new pics and videos from interviews is like Christmas in June. Bring it on!!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy