Gerard Butler GALS
Texas gramma

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS).....Continued

Kathy's right Andrea....I'm having so many computer problems .... I'll post something half the time and my computer freezes and I lose it and give up.... :whiteflag: but I always welcome yours and everyone else's posts.

Suzie, you go girl :dancegal: and have a great time for me too! Give everyone a big hug from me!

Love to all of my galfriends and sisters of the heart...

hugs,

Sue

I'm so guilty of being a reader and not a poster here on the site. I will try to do better! But I promise that I read and send good thoughts toward all who post.

Lots of hugs and loves to the GALS going to Vegas. I'll be there in spirit THIS year, but looking forward to a pj party next year. Am hoping that the planners of this *coughSpotKBandanyoneelseinvolvedcough* have a fabulous time and know beyond any doubt that their efforts are appreciated. I'll toss back a Gerrita or two over the weekend in honor of such a great group. Love you guys! :kiss:

My biggest update since I last posted is that my youngest child just graduated from college. I no longer have any kids in school for the first time in forever. Well, one of the twins is going for his Masters but since we aren't paying for that, it's not on my radar. :lol: How time flies for sure.

All else just keeps plugging along with our business and our home. Nothing terribly exciting but that's a good thing on some days.

:hugs: to all!

Jill, one of the twins is going for his masters??? wow! Time does fly doesn't it!!!

hugs,

Sue

Jill, my daughter is waiting to hear if she's been accepted to graduate school for the fall. She hopes to go to the University of Texas at San Antonio to pursue a Master's Degree in Communication Arts-Media Studies. It's nice not to be footing the bill this time! :)

Sue, I'm sorry you've been having computer problems. Bill's desktop recently died and we had to buy him a new Windows 8 system that I'm having to learn so I can help him. :bonk: I love my Mac.

Andrea, Bonnie, Swannie, and everyone who posts in here, we love to read your posts. You lurkers need to post too. You know who you are :rotflmao:

Ive been around, waiting for things to pick up in here. Looks like it has today!!! YAY!!!

Jill, one of the twins is going for his masters??? wow! Time does fly doesn't it!!!

hugs,

Sue

I know, right? :lol: His heart is still in wanting to be an Air Traffic Controller but that option is hopefully just delayed at the moment. (The FAA changed the program after he graduated, long story.) I'm hoping he will be able to fulfill the dream he's had since he was 16. In any event, he is taking the opportunity to earn his Masters while he waits for his dream job and is working full time for the University he graduated from down in Florida. He and his lovely wife have a nice life together down there.

Jill, my daughter is waiting to hear if she's been accepted to graduate school for the fall. She hopes to go to the University of Texas at San Antonio to pursue a Master's Degree in Communication Arts-Media Studies. It's nice not to be footing the bill this time! :)

Sue, I'm sorry you've been having computer problems. Bill's desktop recently died and we had to buy him a new Windows 8 system that I'm having to learn so I can help him. :bonk: I love my Mac.

Andrea, Bonnie, Swannie, and everyone who posts in here, we love to read your posts. You lurkers need to post too. You know who you are :rotflmao:

Kudos to Erin on pursuing her Masters. She is a hard worker for sure. I'm sure she'll be successful no matter what she does. And yes, it is so nice to NOT be footing the bill. :lol:

Beautiful day here in Sisters. We're gearing up to be in the 90's which is a bit hot for me but at the moment, I'm enjoying gazing out at our beautiful mountains while I pretend I'm working.

:hugs: all! :wave:

I remember the day my youngest son graduated from college. What a relief to know that hurdle was completed by both of my sons. Then my son decided to go for his CPA , CMA and CFM certification by taking tests. It was another relief when he got those certifications and that was the end. My older son got two degrees, Business Management and Accounting. I felt like my job was done. They are both doing so well in their careers it made all of the money spent well worthwhile. It is so important today for young people to get all of the education they can get. Kudos to Erin and Jill's twin for continuing their education.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Well, the twin is one of my 3 kids, not my own twin but I agree completely with the message for those that want/need that higher education. Such a relief, though, when that last tuition payment was made.

My kids would cringe at ME having a twin. One is definitely enough. :lol:

Well, the twin is one of my 3 kids, not my own twin but I agree completely with the message for those that want/need that higher education. Such a relief, though, when that last tuition payment was made.

My kids would cringe at ME having a twin. One is definitely enough. :lol:

I knew that, I just wrote it wrong. :D

~HUGS~ Kathy

Elissa, my hubby's 10 year old MAC bit the dust last month-so we had to buy a new computer for him. Nathan figured a MAC mini would be best because we already have a really good monitor, and the mini's are not terribly expensive. Even though Bill has Alzheimers, he still likes to write, he does email, and he's interested in lots of topics. I'm having to show him how to navagate all the updates and he does get very frustrated with all the changes, but I caught him last night sitting quietly at the computer and he seems to be making friends with it. Nathan will be coming over this weekend to help resolve some other issues Bill's having trouble getting used to, but meanwhile Bill is hanging in there with it. My next goal is to get him more active on facebook.

Swannie

I'm trying to find distractions so I'm finishing up the fairy costume I've been making for the local renaissance faire I'm attending in August. I will be going with my friend and her daughter, another very good friend and my sister. We're all gonna be fairies and we're acting like school girls in all our excitement! We've found 3 other renaissance faires in our area throughout the Summer and plan to attend them all. I've never been to one of these so I have no idea what to expect.

The other big thing I'm doing this Summer is attending my 40th high school reunion. I have no idea why I'm going because I'm such a wallflower around people I don't know well. But for some reason I got a bee up my bonnet to do it! My sister is going as my guest since Bill isn't really comfortable in large groups. I bought a beautiful outfit for the ocassion and I sure hope the whole thing isn't a bust! I was a theater/choir geek and NOT one of the popular kids. I hope someone from my gang attends!

Other than a couple of day trips around the Portland area, Bill and I are not doing any vacations this year. It's too expensive. So we are just trying to find other things to do in our area.

What exciting plans do you all have for Summer?

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

There can never be too many of you Jill.

Elissa, I know that Erin is going to do great! And Kathy, we are so fortunate to have children that are succeeding in this crazy world. It seemed like in the old days that children were expected to do better than their parents did but for our kids generation that doesn't seem to be so anymore. It's sad! So I thank God everyday for Bryan's success!!

Swannie, You're going to love the renaissance faire! For years Dan'l and I attended the annual faire that was held down here near San Francisco in the Black Oak Forest. Here's a picture of us taken there ions ago:

th_DanlandIattheFaire.jpg

I hope it hasn't changed much but it was full of plays and jousting events and you felt like you had been transported back in time to medieval days...it was great fun.

My 45th class reunion is in August and I thought about going but without Dan'l it just wouldn't be the same so I decided not to go.....

I have family coming the end of this month from New York so I'm sure there will be lots of day trips (to SF, Napa Valley, etc.) but other than that with my two dogs it's hard to be away for any extended period of time.

BUT I have just put in my resignation from the Board of Directors for SafeQuest Solano and I feel like for the first time in 2-1/2 years I'll have more time to come here to my beloved GALS. My part time volunteer position became a full time job with as much stress as I had when I was working!!! I will still volunteer but no more running the board (thank you Lord). I accomplished what I wanted which was to get the organization back on good foundation and relationship with the local government and now I feel like I can step down and let the younger members take over. FREEDOM ... lol.

hugs to all my GALfriends and sisters!

love,

Sue

There can never be too many of you Jill.

Elissa, I know that Erin is going to do great! And Kathy, we are so fortunate to have children that are succeeding in this crazy world. It seemed like in the old days that children were expected to do better than their parents did but for our kids generation that doesn't seem to be so anymore. It's sad! So I thank God everyday for Bryan's success!!

Swannie, You're going to love the renaissance faire! For years Dan'l and I attended the annual faire that was held down here near San Francisco in the Black Oak Forest. Here's a picture of us taken there ions ago:

th_DanlandIattheFaire.jpg

I hope it hasn't changed much but it was full of plays and jousting events and you felt like you had been transported back in time to medieval days...it was great fun.

My 45th class reunion is in August and I thought about going but without Dan'l it just wouldn't be the same so I decided not to go.....

I have family coming the end of this month from New York so I'm sure there will be lots of day trips (to SF, Napa Valley, etc.) but other than that with my two dogs it's hard to be away for any extended period of time.

BUT I have just put in my resignation from the Board of Directors for SafeQuest Solano and I feel like for the first time in 2-1/2 years I'll have more time to come here to my beloved GALS. My part time volunteer position became a full time job with as much stress as I had when I was working!!! I will still volunteer but no more running the board (thank you Lord). I accomplished what I wanted which was to get the organization back on good foundation and relationship with the local government and now I feel like I can step down and let the younger members take over. FREEDOM ... lol.

hugs to all my GALfriends and sisters!

love,

Sue

Sue - big congratulations and hugs on your resignation. ©heers to

you! :Gerritas:

Hugs

Bonnie

Sue...LOVE that pic of you and Dan'l! Enjoy your new found freedom! I also think we are very lucky that our sons were born when they were. I think they are the last group to have a chance at that dream. I feel so bad for the kids out of college today. They just can't get ahead in the job market and so many school loans weighing them down. I pray things turn around for them in the very near future.

~HUGS~ Kathy

awww thanks Kathy....we went every year to the faire...good memories. And thank you Bonnie....yes I'm ready for a wee bit more GALS time and some :Gerritas:

hugs,

Sue

Kathy - I'm coming up to Estes today - my Red Hat group. We're eating at The Other Side.............I always wanta' say "of what?". I'm anxious to see the Canyon again.

Hugs

Bonnie

Have a great time Bonnie and please take some pictures to share with us. Our newly elected district attorney is throwing a party at the local yacht club this evening to thank her supporters. I hate going to these kind of things by myself but I will at least make an appearance. Krishna and I became close during Danna's trial and I became very involved in getting her elected so I know I have to go...it's just not something I'm really comfortable doing by myself. I'll let you know how it goes...

hugs,

Sue

Sue, I hope you had/have a wonderful time. Going, even tho it's hard, is good - who knows how many new people you will meet.

Sorry - I just got home and read your post - no one took a camera. Guess we're all taking the beautiful scenery for granted again. We had good time - as usual. Lots of tourists - which is good.

Hugs

Bonnie

Kathy - I'm coming up to Estes today - my Red Hat group. We're eating at The Other Side.............I always wanta' say "of what?". I'm anxious to see the Canyon again.

Hugs

Bonnie

Sue, I hope you had/have a wonderful time. Going, even tho it's hard, is good - who knows how many new people you will meet.

Sorry - I just got home and read your post - no one took a camera. Guess we're all taking the beautiful scenery for granted again. We had good time - as usual. Lots of tourists - which is good.

Hugs

Bonnie

Bonnie, you won't believe this but Hubby and I had dinner there tonight. To think you were there this afternoon and I didn't know it until now. DARN!!! I would have run over just to say, "Hi". The restaurant name means, the other side of the town. :D

I have not seen the canyon and 34 yet so I'm anxious to know what you thought when you saw it. I heard it is very different now since the floods. I have been on 36 and I thought that was changed but hubby has driven 34 and he said I would be shocked.

Hope you made it home before the rains started for real. We did need the rain so it was good.

Sue, because my husband traveled a lot over his working years I went to many events alone. It always felt strange to me but I always ended up being glad I went. I know how you feel but it is still good for you to go out.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hello everyone! I was fixing some broken links on the site and realized I hadn't dropped in here for a wee bit. So fun to see everyone posting. :)

Hello everyone! I was fixing some broken links on the site and realized I hadn't dropped in here for a wee bit. So fun to see everyone posting. :)

Hi Mel :wave: Thanks for all that you do around here!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Kathy - yes, the Canyon is different in places - very different. The lower areas, especially. It's still beautiful. They've accomplished a lot since the first time I went up there in March - and then, again, in May. They've brought in a lot of gravel, etc. The places that are different, for the most part, are very attractive. There is some debris left - but nothing like it was.

It rained yesterday while we were in the restaurant - when we came out (about 2:30) it was pretty wet. We shopped a little and didn't get rained on. Evidently the big rain either happened while we in the restaurant or after we were on our way home.

Always fun to go to Estes.

Hugs

Bonnie

Hi Kathy - yes, the Canyon is different in places - very different. The lower areas, especially. It's still beautiful. They've accomplished a lot since the first time I went up there in March - and then, again, in May. They've brought in a lot of gravel, etc. The places that are different, for the most part, are very attractive. There is some debris left - but nothing like it was.

It rained yesterday while we were in the restaurant - when we came out (about 2:30) it was pretty wet. We shopped a little and didn't get rained on. Evidently the big rain either happened while we in the restaurant or after we were on our way home.

Always fun to go to Estes.

Hugs

Bonnie

Glad to hear that things have been improved on 34. It is amazing at what all they have done since last September, especially since we were headed for winter and that slows things down. They are paving 36 now between Lyons and Estes Park. Have you even been to Glen Haven in the past? There is only one building left in that very small town except for the Fire Department building. I was shocked when I saw it a few weeks ago for the first time. It was such a cute little town. The country store survived. That is where you go for the best cinnamon buns EVER!!! We are going to a pancake breakfast in Glen Haven next Saturday for a fund raiser at the Fire Department.

It started to rain for real at 5:00PM yesterday because that is when we went to, "The Other Side" for dinner. As a local we go early to a restaurant to avoid the big tourist crowds.

Glad you had a good time while here.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Mel!!! 14.gif Good to see you here my dear!

Kathy and Bonnie, you two make me want to come back to Colorado to see the exquisite beauty of those mountains!! I think I already told you but as a child (around age 10-11) I lived in Aurora, Colorado and every weekend my dad insisted we go touring the mountains. I'm afraid I dreaded it (those cliffs!!!) more than I appreciated it at the time.

I went last night and yes, I'm glad I did go. I didn't meet anyone new (well, actually, other than a couple of those there all of them are fairly new to me since I've only met them since Krishna decided to run for district attorney. It's still strange for me to have big time lawyers and city leaders come up to me and know my name and give me a hug...lol. That's one thing I really love about Krishna is she is so not into the "social scene" (I don't know what you would call it)...but she's not into it. Her friends come from all walks of life and she intends on keeping it that way.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend my dear friends and sisters.

love and hugs,

Sue