• Leo - July 23 -August 21
    • Virgo - August 22 - September 23
    • Libra - September 24 - October 23
    • Scorpio - October 24 - November 22
    • Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22
    • Capricorn - December 23 - January 20
    • Aquarius - January 21 - February 19
    • Pisces - February 20- March 20

I don't know what to answer when people ask what my sign is, as I have no clue...I mean, I was born on Dec 22nd, some people tell me I'm a Sagittarius, some say I'm a Capricorn....so I usually I end up reading both horoscopes and decide which one I like best for the day :D

Plus, some time ago a friend of mine asked for my time of birth, and she calculated my ascendant (sp?) is Sagittarius as well...

Also, I don't really know what being a Sagittarius or a Capricorn involves, I don't know much about astrology (I actually barely know sign names...), so, if anyone is willing to explain that to me, it would be really appreciated 'cos now I'm really curious! :kisswink:

p.s.: hey Brumie, I joined GALS on your birthday, then!!! :D

Welcome to GALS, Mina :claphands:

According to what I found, you are a Capricorn. :cunning: The URL to this site will tell you EVERYTHING about the Capricorn sign.

Visit My Website

I am Aries to the hilt, Highlander and all, born on April 2nd! :pointy:

The explanation for Capricorn at this particular site goes the most indepth that I found. Hope it helps! Please let me know.

Welcome to GALS! We are a friendly Gerard bunch of "gals!" :D

Cheers! Janet :lolita:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Cancer the "crab" Never liked the description!! Love of home,family, friends.......true :kisswink:

Edited by Deetz

Well I'm a Sagittarius and apparently a slow one cause I never knew this thread was here! Which brings me to one of my Sag traits! HOW COME!! :bonk: I think I pretty much fit my sign. I'm a loud mouth um I mean opinioniated (and I can't spell) person and not really very shy! I like meeting people and making new friends and I guess you would say I'm outgoing and I can be as testy as I can be Sweet and subdued! :angel2: I do tend to open mouth before engaging brain a lot....Sorry!

:kisswink: Fran

Welcome to GALS, Mina :claphands:

According to what I found, you are a Capricorn. :cunning: The URL to this site will tell you EVERYTHING about the Capricorn sign.

Visit My Website

I am Aries to the hilt, Highlander and all, born on April 2nd! :pointy:

The explanation for Capricorn at this particular site goes the most indepth that I found. Hope it helps! Please let me know.

Thank you, Janet!

I read it all through... then, out of curiosity, read Sagittarius page, too, and found out I'm actually a crossover of the two...

Capricorn:

- Practical and prudent: uhm...yes, mostly

- Ambitious and disciplined: er...please define "disciplined"!!!

- Patient and careful: careful, yes. Patient...not always, I'm afraid

- Humorous and reserved: yup, that's fairly correct

- Pessimistic and fatalistic: uhm, not really. Maybe if I'm in a bad mood, but it's more often quite the opposite

- Miserly and grudging: again, only on bad mood day, but I also have the habit to try and sweep that away as fast as I can, 'cos I don't like wearing a grudge on my face for more than 5 minutes, 10 at the worst

* Reliability: yes

* Professionalism: yes

* Knowing what you discuss: yes

* Firm Foundations: yes

* Purpose: and yes

DISLIKES

* Wild Schemes: I *AM* a wild scheme!!!

* Fantasies: who? Me?? You kidding?? I'm fantasizing 24/7...

* Go-nowhere jobs: well, *who* likes going nowhere jobs?!? d'oh.

* Ignominy: yes

* Ridicule: it depends. I have a sense of self-ridicule, but can't stand if people make ridicule of me - I mean, one thing is cracking a joke together, I'm for it anytime, but if I'm minding my own business, being all good and calm doing my thing, and somebody comes 'round just to mock me or something, I feel the urge to punch them in the face. I don't do just so 'cos I'm not a violent person, but I think about doing that. On a verra bad mood day I'd end up verbally assaulting them. :tantrum:

and then... Sagittarius:

- Optimistic and freedom-loving:

- Jovial and good-humored: most of the time

- Honest and straightforward: yes

- Intellectual and philosophical:

- Blindly optimistic and careless: nope

- Irresponsible and superficial: nope

- Tactless and restless: tactless: no. Restless: yes.

* Traveling: YESSSSSSSSS!!!

* getting to the heart of the matter: yes

* Freedom: yes

* Laws and meanings: meanings, yes. Laws, it depends. Say, I would've never thought of studying law at uni, never crossed my mind...

* the general 'feel' of things: yes

DISLIKES

* Off the wall theories: yes

* being tied down domestically: I'd rather be killed, unless I self-tie down domestically (when I'm tired)

* Being constrained: see above

* cooling your heels: (dunno the meaning of this phrase...)

* bothered with details: nope! I'm actually a detail freak!!!

I'm puzzled...

Does all of the above make me a Caprittarius or a Sagittorn?? :rotflmao:

Guest pilaraquarius

(Pilar hi fiving Madamina....you're into astrology, too?)

You and G could talk, talk, talk under the sun for like, forever...

Aries women are never boring....

(Pilar hi fiving Madamina....you're into astrology, too?)

You and G could talk, talk, talk under the sun for like, forever...

ah, yes, just waiting for the day that happens... LOL

Aries women are never boring....

oops, you were referring to Janet, then, not me? :confused: Edited by madamina

According to the calendar, I'm an Aries. But I've been told that my personality is that of a Scorpio instead.

Maybe it has something to do with your Ascendant..have you had your chart done?

HEY DARLING MAY!!!! AQUARIANS....UNITE!!!(gives May a hi five in cyberspace) Yeah I've done Gerry's chart and he's got (count 'em) FOUR planets in SCORP...that ain't easy....long story short...who ever he settles down with will know not to smother him, be his friend, be intelligent and pretty...partner in crime so to speak. Aquarians LOVE their freedom, so if their Scorpio mates (or friends want to "brood" or go into their caves for a while, we UNDERSTAND that.) Aquarians also like to make their friends laugh! Hugs to you, soul sista...love, Pilar :wave:

<----Aquarius too :funnyface: ...Pila, did you do a chart with birthtime or without?

According to the calendar, I'm an Aries. But I've been told that my personality is that of a Scorpio instead.

Hey Pilar...:cunning: I have ALWAYS been a great "partner in crime" and/or leader of it! :cunning: and to Mina, you definitely are Capricorn since your birthday is December 22nd. Capricorn is your ascendant.

As an Arien, I am NOT BORING! :kisswink: I don't know about talking with Gerard all night long but uh...:cunning: I'd love to do whatever else with him, if you get my drift. :kisswink: I already know NOT to smother him, allow him to be himself but be the intelligent person for whom he looks. If you want to get into biorythms then I am his ultimate in women. However, we're not talking about that here. I think someone's question was about the ascendant. It is the sign that was on the horizon the moment that you first took breath upon your birth into this life. :claphands:

Here is a URL to tell everyone what their ascendant.

Visit My Website

It has the ascendant for each one of us. Here is what the sites states about my Arien sisters and myself! :claphands:

"If your Rising Sign is Aries, whether you like it or not, people always look to you to get things started, to lead the charge, and to say the things that no one else dares to say. :cunning: You seem confident and blunt -- and like an easy puzzle to put together. People think they understand your motivations. On the negative side, you might appear too intense and forward -- even self-absorbed. :confused: Don't be surprised if others expect you to respond jealously in love. (The only man I'd be jeolously "in love" with is, of course, Gerard! :D) That is the Aries way, and for all the world, you look like an Aries!"

I am very confident but I also am hard at work on my major BAD characteristic in order NOT to be "blunt." My suggestion, Mina is to subscribe to a site in order to get more personalized horoscopes. In that way, they can chart out what you need rather than do a generalized one. The daily's in the newspaper hit about everything "under the sun." :cunning: It's a joke! A rather bad one but I'll leave it. Ugh! Sorry about that gang! :funnyface:

I pray that this is of help to ya'll! :pointy:

Cheerios! Janet :lolita:

(snip)

and to Mina, you definitely are Capricorn since your birthday is December 22nd. Capricorn is your ascendant.

Uhm, maybe Capricorn is my sign, alright, but not my ascendant - that's been calculated using time of birth (7.20 am), and according to that my ascendant's Sagittarius.

Have no clue re: planets doing their thing in various signs, tho. Oh, well, nevermind. :kisswink:

Edited by madamina

Ooooooooooh, just discovered the trick: I'm a CUSP (whatever that means...suppose that stands for "cuspide" or something...)!!! :cunning:

Sagittarius/Capricorn

December 19 to December 23

Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the Zodiac; Capricorn is the tenth. Sagittarius/Capricorns use knowledge to understand the world and hard work to master it. Those born on this cusp are both ambitious and disciplined, determined and dedicated to achieving their goals. They are also practical and realistic, cautious not to get in over their head. Sagittarius/Capricorns are the scholars and learners of the zodiac. They seek the truth and the meaning of life, and they love to explore. The astrological symbol of Sagittarius is the Archer. The Archer is a Centaur, half man and half horse, and it is the only sign of the zodiac that is half man and half beast. Centaurs were the great scholars and intellectuals of Greek and Roman myth, but they could also be hotheaded and aggressive.

The astrological symbol of Capricorn is the Sea Goat. They start from the sea and ascend to the highest mountain tops, working their way upward with every step. While the path is not always smooth, their determination to succeed ensures they will persevere. They can also be rigid and unforgiving when others stand in their way. Sagittarius/Capricorns are not fixed or opinionated, and they have no set plan or bias, but seek to learn new ideas as they come. This aspect is indicative of the mutable nature of the sun sign Sagittarius. These people often excel in the workplace and are business leaders, often starting businesses or coming up with new ideas. In this way, Capricorn exemplifies the cardinal quality assigned to it. Capricorns' organizational ability combines with their diligence to help them achieve their goals. Sagittarius/Capricorns desire the freedom to do what they want when they want, and they tend to be impulsive and independent.

Sagittarius is ruled by the planet Jupiter. In ancient Roman mythology, Jupiter (and his Greek equivalent, Zeus) was the king of the gods. Jupiter represents expansion in all its forms, including the mental outreach so prominent in Sagittarians, but it also may invite excess. Capricorn is ruled by the planet Saturn. In ancient Roman mythology, Saturn (and his Greek equivalent, Cronus) was the father of many of the gods, including Zeus. Saturn is about discipline, hard work and responsibility. Sagittarius/Capricorns are interested in mental exploration as teachers and philosophers, and are loyal and charitable, self-controlled and self-reliant. They are also trustworthy and charming, adaptable to all situations.

The element associated with Sagittarius is Fire. The element associated with Capricorn is Earth. Fire/Earth Signs are physical and practical. While they are about action and leadership, they are not in a hurry. Their innate optimism and belief in straightforward dealings with others can sometimes make them careless or impulsive, but underneath they are economical, shrewd and rather conservative. Sagittarius/Capricorns love to have a good time, and they are outgoing and friendly. They are, however, also among the most responsible and traditional signs of the zodiac. They are generally polite and warm, because they understand that making enemies will not help them achieve in life.

Many Sagittarius/Capricorns are natural comedians, sometimes exaggerating their adventures to entertain others. Their innate self-confidence may make them argumentative or blunt, but their intention is to learn, not to offend. They are high-spirited and enthusiastic, often flirtatious, and they tend to enjoy social life immensely. In their leisure time, Sagittarius/Capricorns athleticism comes to the forefront. Personal challenge is always appreciated, and they tend to prefer competition with others. One-on-one competition also appeals to them, and they especially enjoy golf and martial arts. They tend to be lucky, and may enjoy gambling. Thanks to their philosophical side, they also enjoy drama, debate and most other mentally challenging pursuits.

In love relationships, Sagittarius/Capricorns are flirtatious, devoted and playful. The great strength of the Sagittarius/Capricorn-born is in their philosophical and exploratory nature. It is important to them that they live life to the fullest, experiencing everything they can. Their ambition is inexhaustible, and they are not easily deterred when their goals are in sight. Their hard work makes them one of the most successful characters of the Zodiac.

Edited by madamina

Hey Pilar...:cunning: I have ALWAYS been a great "partner in crime" and/or leader of it! :cunning: and to Mina, you definitely are Capricorn since your birthday is December 22nd. Capricorn is your ascendant.

As an Arien, I am NOT BORING! :kisswink: I don't know about talking with Gerard all night long but uh...:cunning: I'd love to do whatever else with him, if you get my drift. :kisswink: I already know NOT to smother him, allow him to be himself but be the intelligent person for whom he looks. If you want to get into biorythms then I am his ultimate in women. However, we're not talking about that here. I think someone's question was about the ascendant. It is the sign that was on the horizon the moment that you first took breath upon your birth into this life. :claphands:

Here is a URL to tell everyone what their ascendant.

Visit My Website

It has the ascendant for each one of us. Here is what the sites states about my Arien sisters and myself! :claphands:

"If your Rising Sign is Aries, whether you like it or not, people always look to you to get things started, to lead the charge, and to say the things that no one else dares to say. :cunning: You seem confident and blunt -- and like an easy puzzle to put together. People think they understand your motivations. On the negative side, you might appear too intense and forward -- even self-absorbed. :confused: Don't be surprised if others expect you to respond jealously in love. (The only man I'd be jeolously "in love" with is, of course, Gerard! :D) That is the Aries way, and for all the world, you look like an Aries!"

I am very confident but I also am hard at work on my major BAD characteristic in order NOT to be "blunt." My suggestion, Mina is to subscribe to a site in order to get more personalized horoscopes. In that way, they can chart out what you need rather than do a generalized one. The daily's in the newspaper hit about everything "under the sun." :cunning: It's a joke! A rather bad one but I'll leave it. Ugh! Sorry about that gang! :funnyface:

I pray that this is of help to ya'll! :pointy:

Cheerios! Janet :lolita:

Just a little info here: The Ascendant (or Rising Sign) is usually NOT the same thing as your Sun Sign ie: The sign you were born under according to your day and month. The Ascendant is the sign that is placed in your first house in an Astrological Chart and you need your approximate birth time in order to know what that is....just clarifying. :)

The Ascendant is basically the side of your personality that the world sees..and it is supposed to address your physical characteristics as well.

Edited by Eden

K, to make things sure, I just caluclated myself my ascendant, here.

And, surprise-surprise, here's what I got:

Your Rising Sign

Sagittarius Rising:

If your Rising Sign is in Sagittarius, happy is how people see you. Doesn't matter if you're in a foul mood, you look for all the world to be the consummate optimist, the open, friendly adventurer typified by Sagittarius. On the other hand, Sagittarians are often restless and contentious; they bore easily and sometimes pick fights for the fun of it. You give an impression of such indifference that others may say some crazy, unexpected or even hurtful things to you, expecting their comments to roll right off your back! You can't help it -- you're just exuding that characteristic Archer cool.

Suits me perfectly, I am afraid... :funnyabove:

Hey........I love all you air signs!!!!!!!!! and water signs!!!!!!!! oh...yeah can't forget all you down to earth signs!!!!!! love ya all.......

I'm Gemini...true-bleu.....but that's not why they call me an air-head!(LOL!) No!...wait......now I'm an official "Lair-head"! I like that alot better! yeah...our Phantom rules!!!! ooops.......gotta go check on Erica's first Phantom video....taking soooo long to download!......I now it's goona be worth the wait tho........

and if you have a special memory of the first time you saw POTO and Gerry's Phantom totally blew you away.....please! come share at the Lair!!!!

you "must" check out Erica's Phantom vid "Original Sin-Gerard Butler"

Debrasue :butterfly:

Edited by Debrasue

Guest pilaraquarius

MADAMINA!!!!

Gerry's MOON (emotions) are in CAP!!! Let's just say you guys can talk without saying a word....there's more...but this is fast turning into an astrologer's convention.... :rotflmao:

EDEN!!! Another dear AQUARIAN! And yes, I did get G's time of birth...

His chart is NOT easy to read...lots of contradictions...but VERY interesting!

I'll say THIS about him, though...

He does not suffer fools gladly...LOL LOL LOL...

:wave:

Edited by pilaraquarius

I'm a capricorn, so sad it says never to date a Scorpio

Who told ya that? :kisswink: I'm reading here and there and everywhere that it would be a good match, instead (apparently, both Scorpio and Capricorn are compatible with Pisces, Virgo and each other, so there you go...).

Never go by generalizations for you sun sign...mine says to date Libra, Gemini, Aquarius and Leo men...I've tried it and it sucked....we just don't "click". (No offense to Libra, Gemini, Aqaurius and Leo men..you're all very lovely!)

It depends more on where your Venus, Mars and Moon are placed more than your sun sign.:)

Personally, I think everyone should date a Scorpio at least once..it's an experience you won't soon forget....I love them. lol :cunning:

I don't know any thing about my sign but so far all that I have read that you guys are posting about Sagittarius I fit the BILL! Now as far as a Scorpio goes .......UGH! My son is a Scorpio and what I've heard about his sign ....he is a Dr. Jekle and Mr. Hyde! After having him around me for the last ten years Day and night...night and day.....He has me getting ready to seek therapy!!! :stars: :finger: Also another Scorpio I know is a Female version of HIM! :confused: I love him but I don't like him... When I found out Gerry was a Scorpio I thought OH NO! Although he's just sooooo different! WHY????

:kisswink: Fran