Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

6/15 - From Prince Charming to ancient Egypt: Hollywood star on the rise Brenton Thwaites talks shooting blockbuster Gods Of Egypt with Gerard Butler

From Prince Charming to ancient Egypt: Hollywood star on the rise Brenton Thwaites talks shooting blockbuster Gods Of Egypt in Australia with Gerard Butler

excerpt:

Two years ago he was just another Australian actor on Home And Away, but Brenton Thwaites is moving rapidly from soaps to super stardom.

The 24-year-old Sydney local stars in five major Hollywood films this year, including the recently releaseD Maleficent where he plays Prince Charming alongside Angelina Jolie.

Now he's stepping back in time to ancient Egypt as the main character in $150 million mythological blockbuster Gods Of Egypt.

Starring alongside action heavy hitters Gerard Butler and Game Of Thrones Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the Hollywood hot property filmed for three months at Sydney's Fox Studios this year.

'I play a character called Bek who is basically mankind,' he told film blog Collider, speaking extensively for the first time about his character.

'He goes on a journey with the gods to help restore order in Egypt.

'He teams up with a god called Horus played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who is on a path to avenge his father and kill the baddie, and I go along with him in the belief that he’ll help me get back to my girl.'

Directed by The Crow and I, Robot filmmaker Alex Proyas, the high-concept film is poised for release in 2016, with Thwaites having another five films releaseD before it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2658416/Brenton-Thwaites-talks-shooting-blockbuster-Gods-Of-Egypt-Australia-Gerard-Butler.html#ixzz34jynXfE6